Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Medieval Spawn figure free comic book5023

COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
So I was reading the thread about the Aliens mini-comics and I got to thinking about sending in the Star Wars mini-comics from the card packs, to be graded. There are six of them.

Then I came across this comic in my stuff. It is apparently a freebie comic that was included in the McFarlane toy line of Spawn action figures. The indicia says "Medieval Spawn figure #1, 1994".

I checked the CGC census and there is only one listed as having been graded, but it is a 7.5

So my question is: has anyone had one of these graded by CBCS? As you know, there is no census by CBCS yet.

Should I even bother to get those Star Wars mini comics or this Spawn comic graded? Note: the Spawn comic is normal sized and not a mini comic.

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Johnnylray private msg quote post Address this user
@conditionfreak Cool book! Good luck.. similar Batman one from a toy at Toys R us..have to dig it up...!
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector BabaLament private msg quote post Address this user
I have the same one! Yours appears to be in better condition than mine, but I didn't even consider sending this in for grade...until now.

Does anyone have the Venom: Evolution of an Icon comic/poster-book graded? It came with the oversized Venom action figure as part of the Marvel: Icons toy line. I think the Spider-Man, Hulk, & Iron Man came w/ comic/poster books too.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Odins_Raven private msg quote post Address this user
Medieval Spawn was my first Spawn figure which spawned *cough* a long infatuation with the toy line. To this day Medieval Spawn is proabbly my favorite incarnation of the character. Coincidence because, I recently commissioned artist Chris Stevens to do a Dark Ages Spawn so I am excited about that!

I have my original copy of this and the other free issues that came with the first series figures somewhere. They cant be worth much but who knows. Might have to dig em up now! Thanks for the thread!
Post 4 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
I have these 2

Post 5 IP   flag post
I like those better than mine. I like yellow covers.
Post 6 IP   flag post
KaptainMike - Which figures did those come from/with? Those look great!
Post 7 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
I can only assume they came with the figures displayed on the yellow background
Post 8 IP   flag post
...I'm going to end up buying toys again, aren't I?

At least these won't be as expensive to send in as the Aliens mini's.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector Odins_Raven private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
I can only assume they came with the figures displayed on the yellow background

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabaLament
KaptainMike - Which figures did those come from/with? Those look great!

The comics feature the figures they came with. Series 1 only.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Yep, buying more toys.

...and, done.

This is the Spawn Series 1 toys w/ included comics, on card. I can't wait to get these home & on their way to CBCS. Or...I could wait until ALVCC in August & try to get McFarlane to sign them. I know he's not doing certified signatures, but I think it would be neat to get these signed (in addition to bringing a friend to get my ASM #300 signed.). Will CBCS be at Amazing Las Vegas in 2018? I saw the "other" company there, but would prefer to keep as much of my collection under the CBCS label as possible.

Ty for the great idea Conditionfreak!

Post 11 IP   flag post
Yea, Ha Ha. The problem with your plan is that you will have to open your toy packages. I never do that.

But my kids would open their toys, and I could play with them and keep the books from inside.
Post 12 IP   flag post
LoL! Liberating the toys from their packaging to get to the comics seems to be my lot in life recently.

So long as the comics come out ok, I'm good with it.
Post 13 IP   flag post
kaptainmyke does not open his toys
Post 14 IP   flag post
You've posted some of your epic toy collection KaptainMyke; I can understand why you wouldn't want to open some of those. Wait a couple more years and you'll be able to use a handful of those figures to send your kid(s) to college...through their PhD.
Post 15 IP   flag post
I'm ironically seeing a downward trend on ebay... hopefully that will change. This seems to happen everytime a new iteration of the cartoon is ending/cancelled/over. This newest version of the cartoon on Nick actually lasted 5 years which is great.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Still have this one, and an empty box of the same that my kid played with and has disappeared.

Wouldn't fit on the scanner. If memory serves me correctly. This figure came with two variations. One having an owl accessory (like mine) and one having a wolf accessory. Very cool figure and accessories.

Post 17 IP   flag post
Hello all!

Toys arrived today. For twenty-three years old, they are in surprisingly good shape. The comics are also in good shape, aside from a single spine tick, in the same location, on all of them. Looking at the packaging, it appears to be where the heat seal device hinge is/was; must have been the most pressure/heat at that location.

Overall, very pleased with the condition of the books. The toys are taking up space in my display cabinet for a bit; I figured (thematically) they would go well next to the Diablo action figures.

These will be along to CBCS when I get my next submission together. Should be interesting!

Post 18 IP   flag post
oooooo coool
Post 19 IP   flag post
Does anyone know if McFarlane Toys did this for any of the other toy series?
Post 20 IP   flag post
i'd like to know too
Post 21 IP   flag post
617512 21 21
This topic is archived. Start new topic?