Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Questions

Best Place to buy Polyethylene and Mylites4993

Collector ronvaughan private msg quote post Address this user
I’ve seen Amazon selling these. But wanted to post this question to the people who care. I want to put my 40.00 and up in mylites, the rest in a 2 mil. Polyethylene bag
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector J_Walker private msg quote post Address this user
The cheapest thing for me was calling E Gerber and placing an order directly through them. Last time I ordered several hundred fullbacks and mylite2’s. But most of the time I buy 50 packs on eBay thinking “I’m done buying comics so these are the last bags and boards I’ll need for a while.” Then 2 weeks later I’m out of bags/boards and need to reorder cause I bought more comics. It’s a vicious cycle....
Post 2 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
I’ve ordered mine from ready-set-collect on ebay. I use Mylites2 Standard Comic Book Size (#725M2) with Standard Full-Backs (#700FB) for both Modern and SA comics. Shipping is included, and the larger the order, the more you save. I even used a $15 off ebay-PayPal coupon with them a few months back and got 150 of each.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Thearrow private msg quote post Address this user
Yea if u are gonna buy in bulk buy direct from egerber
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
I'm lazy and just have a comic shop order them. I'm sure I pay more, but I don't care if they make a cut.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector thelastbard private msg quote post Address this user
@ronvaughan Thanks for bringing this one up! I need to order some and have put it off for way too long. Most of my books get shipped to me bagged and boarded properly, but I need to replace a lot of old bags and boards and would like to upgrade others. I HATE the pricing I see online. This will give me some places to look when I'm ready.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
I'm lazy and just have a comic shop order them. I'm sure I pay more, but I don't care if they make a cut.

Same boat - every once in a while the boards won't fit the mylites though
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
Hot Flips or Gerber.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51

That's rare for me if you get the right sizes to match one another. The shops are bad about getting out of sync and ordering too much of one size vs. the mating item. I've actually got most of my original art in mylar too.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
I've been buying mylites and fullbacks from ready-set-collect through Amazon. 50 pack of 42 mil backing boards and 2-mil Mylar sleeves $37 shipped. If there's better deals on eBay or elsewhere post a link! Please.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51

That's rare for me if you get the right sizes to match one another. The shops are bad about getting out of sync and ordering too much of one size vs. the mating item. I've actually got most of my original art in mylar too.

The only time I had that problem is when I bought half backs from an LCS...I had to slice off a sliver to get them to fit....didn't like the flimsiness so I've gone back to fullbacks and likely will stay that way.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector 50AE_DE private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
cks from ready-set-collect through Amazon. 50 pack of 42 mil backing boards and 2-mil Mylar sleeves $37 shipped. If th

eGerber is the way to go if you buy in bulk. My last order averaged about $16.50 for 100 M2, and $15 for 100 full backs. Even with shipping it's much cheaper than what you can get on Amazon.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector vacaboca private msg quote post Address this user
I originally got my MyLites and Half-/Full-backs from my LCS, but they have had trouble getting them in... lately I've been buying from ready-set-collect on eBay like some other folks here, and have been impressed with how well they've packaged them, and pleased with the choice. That said, at some point I hope to place a big order with eGerber directly - I've just heard that they're not that easy to deal with. They're leaving money on the table by not putting up a solid basic customer order site... I hate having to actually get on the phone and deal with humans when I just want to send money and get stuff.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
I’ve ordered mine from ready-set-collect on ebay. I use Mylites2 Standard Comic Book Size (#725M2) with Standard Full-Backs (#700FB) for both Modern and SA comics. Shipping is included, and the larger the order, the more you save. I even used a $15 off ebay-PayPal coupon with them a few months back and got 150 of each.

+1 I also buy from them
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector SpiderTim private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51

What size mylar do you use for your Original Art? Do you also purchase fullbacks for those mylars? Once in the mylars do yuo place those inside a Portfolio or just leave them in the mylar by itself? I've got a ton of art and am looking to use something else for storage.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderTim
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51

What size mylar do you use for your Original Art? Do you also purchase fullbacks for those mylars? Once in the mylars do yuo place those inside a Portfolio or just leave them in the mylar by itself? I've got a ton of art and am looking to use something else for storage.

I've got two sizes. I bought some that weren't big enough, so I had to go back and get a bigger size.

This is the rough dimensions that I get with a tape measure:
11.75" x 18"
15" x 23.25"

The smaller sized ones are slid into a large manilla envelope. The others are loose. I have not put them into a portfolio. I usually put two in one Mylar back to back so that I can flip it over and see the second page.

They aren't cheap. As I remember, the manager had a catalog and I went through the catalog with her and we picked out the most suitable sizes based upon what I needed.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector 50AE_DE private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacaboca
buying from ready-set-collect on eBay like some other folks here, and have been impressed with how well they've packaged them, and pleased with the choice. That said, at some point I hope to place a big order with eGerber directly - I've just heard that they're not that easy to deal with. They're leaving money on the table by not puttin

I didn't have any issue with the order. I just sent them an email requesting a total. Once I got a total, I just placed a quick phone call to them to place the order. Ordering mylars and full backs from them for half of eBay prices seems like a no brainer even though it may take a few more minutes to call to speak to a person versus an on-line purchase.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector vacaboca private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50AE_DE
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacaboca
buying from ready-set-collect on eBay like some other folks here, and have been impressed with how well they've packaged them, and pleased with the choice. That said, at some point I hope to place a big order with eGerber directly - I've just heard that they're not that easy to deal with. They're leaving money on the table by not puttin

I didn't have any issue with the order. I just sent them an email requesting a total. Once I got a total, I just placed a quick phone call to them to place the order. Ordering mylars and full backs from them for half of eBay prices seems like a no brainer even though it may take a few more minutes to call to speak to a person versus an on-line purchase.

I can’t fault your logic! I’ll give that a shot when I’m ready to stock up again, thanks for the info!
Post 18 IP   flag post
How much "bulk" do you need to commit to? 1000 items?
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector J_Walker private msg quote post Address this user
Last time I ordered directly through E Gerber I bought 200 each of Silver / Golden mylite2's and fullbacks. I forgot the exact price but it was in the $90 - $95 range (prices are on their website.)

Buying this amount on eBay would cost ~$140.

I don't think they have minimums so it's not like you have to truly buy in bulk to see some immediate savings.

Before placing my first order through E Gerber I had also read about some of the issues people had going directly through them. However, it personally went smooth for me. Called them and the lady who picked up took my order right away. I simply referenced the product number from their website and the quantities I wanted, gave my email address and credit card info and that was it. They'll email you a confirmation once the order is completed / shipped. And there were no delays with the delivery of the order.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
You can get 200 Mylite 2 #775 size and 200 full backs that fit that size for $73 before shipping from E Gerber. I like that they are shipped in 50 count packages so that they are sealed up until I get to the next 50.
Post 21 IP   flag post
598059 21 21
This topic is archived. Start new topic?