Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Bronze AgeComics Modern AgeMovies TelevisionPop CultureQuestions

Avengers: Infinity War!!4920

COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Apparently the trailer will (finally) be dropping tomorrow which is November 29th! Finally lol

When it does, let's chat it up! Lots of characters set to appear in this massive undertaking of a movie.

Who saw the SDCC footage? Think it will be the same, include some of those scenes or be completely different?

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector infinityG private msg quote post Address this user
pumped!
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Zombiebigfoot private msg quote post Address this user
NOICE!!! I can’t wait!
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Deadpoolica private msg quote post Address this user
I think it'll be the same footage from sdcc
Post 4 IP   flag post
@Deadpoolica

highly doubt it. it's going to be more polished, plus it was pre-screened before Ragnarok so they probably didnt want to give spoilers, i.e. Thor's eye patch.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Are there any marvel heroes / villains who will not be appearing in that movie -just asking?
Post 6 IP   flag post
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector DavidM private msg quote post Address this user
Nice! I am looking forward to this.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Looks like a large battle takes place in Wakanda. So, last Infinity Gem is in Wakanda and Thanos needs to take it (or at least have his "children" take it?) Black Panther movie is coming up so will that be a plot point or an end credit teaser
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user
Looks good. May 2018 can't come soon enough.
Post 10 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Does anyone think this film will boost the market value of Iron man #55? Or have any impact at all on it?
Post 11 IP   flag post
movie looks epic and its only part one.

#55 will definitely go up.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Does anyone think this film will boost the market value of Iron man #55? Or have any impact at all on it?

Absolutely. It will spike, then settle back down but probably still be more than it is now
Post 13 IP   flag post
yea it'll settle for sure but will be higher.

brolin looks great as thanos.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLS_Comics
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

Absolutely. It will spike, then settle back down but probably still be more than it is now

Agreed, for the most part.

Although I would replace "probably" with "definitely".

I think IM 55 will settle off at 10% above its current 12 month GPA average, after Infinity War Part 1 spikes it up....and it will probably see another 10% bump, with each of the 2 following Infinity War films.

Thanos will be a key player in the 3 Infinity saga movies, Marvel films are all connected so he will appear in the others, certainly will have a role in Black Panther as a battle in Wakanda takes place in Infinity War.

So, his appearances in all of the film's will keep the price of IM 55 pretty stable.

This does not mean that IM 55 is a great investment, though.

The time to buy IM 55 to flip has come and gone, years ago.

There are THREE Infinity Saga bronze keys which will pay off financially with signifigantly higher returns, without having to wait intil the trailer for Infinity War Part 3 is released.
Post 15 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Why does Thor look like a pirate now? Literally. Eye patch, gimp walk, short hair, Viking roots, from Asgard. This is totally racist!
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector DocBrown private msg quote post Address this user
So, are my Warlocks worth anything yet...?

Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CopperAgeKids

If it's going to spike and settle to at least 10% greater than it is now...how is that not a good flip if I aquire a high grade copy at fair market value today? Not understanding your criteria there for a good investment...

Quote:

There are THREE Infinity Saga bronze keys which will pay off financially with signifigantly higher returns, without having to wait intil the trailer for Infinity War Part 3 is released.

Fine, you have my curiosity peaked. What are the three others...
Post 18 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
Quote:

If it's going to spike and settle to at least 10% greater than it is now...how is that not a good flip if I aquire a high grade copy at fair market value today? Not understanding your criteria there for a good investment...

Quote:

"piqued." "Peaked" is what you've done when you get to the top of a mountain...
Post 19 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBrown

"piqued." "Peaked" is what you've done when you get to the top of a mountain...

I'll have you know I attained nearly a perfect score (99 percentile) on the math portion of my SATs, yet nearly flunked the English/verbal portion with a score of 65. My high school math teacher said I understand numbers as a language better than English...
Post 20 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
@Drogio as long as meaning is understood then πŸ‘. Not like it is a legal document
Post 21 IP   flag post
It's not a word many people know how to spell. But any fan of Bears, Beets, and Battlestar Galactica would appreciate the distinction.

But yes, spelling IS important, legal document or no. If people don't understand what you're saying, there is no communication. I guarantee you, there are people reading who do NOT know what the word "piqued" is, and would come away thinking weird thoughts about why someone had their curiosity climbing something.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBrown
So, are my Warlocks worth anything yet...?

My instinctual reply is a resounding Hell yes, considering the movie buildup around Starlins' books buuuut hold on a sec, lemme shake my patented CAK Crystal Ball...

Okay, just got the results in but.....they seem positive, but not altogether conclusive.

In order to give you a fair and balanced analysis, I will need to consult further with my All Knowing Seer:

"Yes".

He is being a right quizzical bastard today, I don't think Bill is faring any better with his direct questions, either.

Post 23 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
I like pie.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Mums the word on the 3 sleepers.

Actually, there are 7 sleepers, if you really break the Infinity saga down to brass tacks.

But sorry mah man, I ain't saying no mo'.πŸ˜‰πŸ˜Š

As far as the IM 55 not being a good investment at current FMV, if it sees a 10% gain...well, I was referring to the price of the book last week, before the trailer came out....eh, it would have to see a 30% gain, if you bought the book at current FMV IN order to even break even and make may be 5%.

The trailer just dropped, this means prices on IM 55 are HIGH right now.

Buy a 9.6/9.8 slabbed copy right now, and you won't realize a 10% profit intil the THIRD Infinity War movie's trailer is released.

Even than, if you are paying FMV for an IM 55 right now, during first movie trailer inflated price hike, bend the buyer over a barrel season make him say "Yes, Daddy"....you may end up just breaking even, when IW 3 comes around.

eBay + PayPal fees will eat 14%, off the top, that is another factor you might be missing.
Post 25 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
Paid .50 cents for this one. I probably did alright. Of course I also paid for grading, and shipping twice.

Post 26 IP   flag post
Quote:
If it's going to spike and settle to at least 10% greater than it is now...how is that not a good flip if I acquire a high grade copy at fair market value today? Not understanding your criteria there for a good investment...

I think what he is talking about is ROI. You'll get a greater return on your money if you pick up a couple of the other "sleeper" books vs. ~10% returns on IM55.
Post 27 IP   flag post
I guess I'll do my research on these potential sleepers since you guys are not being forthcoming. But in reality I have the thanos and infinity gauntlet keys I cate about besides IM55 so I'm good either way.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Quote:
I guess I'll do my research on these potential sleepers since you guys are not being forthcoming. But in reality I have the thanos and infinity gauntlet keys I cate about besides IM55 so I'm good either way.

I don't know what they're referring to, but these are what I would consider worth buying:

Captain Marvel #26 (1st Thanos cover, though weak, 2nd appearance. It's a terrible rollout that Thanos had.)

CM #33 - Killer Thanos cover. Origin, too, but people don't seem to care about those things anymore.

Strange Tales #178 - 1st Magus.

Warlock #10 - Thanos cover. Thanos vs. Magus.

These are common, common books...but not so much in ultra high grade.
Post 29 IP   flag post
I'll take a guess at this game and say:

Avengers king-size Ann #7 - 1st appearances of the Mind, Space, and Reality Infinity Gems

Marvel Two-In-One Ann #2 - 1st appearances of Lord Chaos and Master Order. Story concludes.

Marvel Premiere #1 - First appearance of Him as Adam Warlock. First appearance of the Soul Gem (one of the Infinity Stones).
Post 30 IP   flag post
597871 61 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?