Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern Age

Phoenix Resurrection Variants - Who's in?4917

Collector KCBatmanFan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CopperAgeKids
Supergirl LOSH #21(least I think it is #21lHughes variant...are the only variants I can think of offhand, that have not dropped in price.

It's #23 - that was one of my first CBCS submissions! I think I paid $20 for it brand new and thought I was dumb, but it's so purty.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector thelastbard private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage_Spawn

Yikes!!! Well there goes my x-mas and computer upgrade budget. Guess I'll try to score 1 original somewhere somehow....😎

I saw on a forum someplace that a guy bought the Art Adams X-Men 101 Homage from Art directly in Singapore of all places...
Post 27 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
How come so little variants? I was expecting about 101 to coincide with the original 1st app. I feel that the original rip-offs, ugh, my apologies, I meant "remastered" and "cover swipe" don't count. Greg Land should hop down to the local store and purchase a new copy of Penthouse, surely there are some "inspirational poses" that he can use to make a variant, yeah? Shame on you, Marvel, for not wanting to make more money.
Post 28 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
The artwork on these, just doesn't do anything for me. The two best are the Del Otto and the Mark Brooks. But even they are just kind of cool.

But NONE of these books will ever make it into my collection.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector Gabriel85301 private msg quote post Address this user
I want the Art Germ 1:100. :/ I'm gonna have to look.
Post 30 IP   flag post

Did anyone pick up one of these at NYCC this year? It's technically Marvel Legacy, but the art is being used for Phoenix Resurrection AND has an ad for Phoenix Resurrection on the back...

It's Marvel Legacy 1 NYCC Exclusive Art Adams Cover... Half Color / Half Black and White. I only found out about it a few days ago. They're available on eBay, but curious if anyone in the group managed to track them down at the con.

This isn't my picture... I do not have one.
Post 31 IP   flag post
And, if you needed another reason to cry over ALLLLLL of the variants. Welcome Greg Horn's offerings to the fold...

Tomorrow at NOON EST.

ComicXposure Exclusive

Post 32 IP   flag post
Collector DJC_II private msg quote post Address this user
I like the white costume variants.
But like many on this board, I do not believe in the hype.

Gotta get off the hype train.

If the book is legitimately good, that's one thing...

Still, $2000 for a new release is crazy town banana pants.

Remember the Vader 1:3500 a year or so ago? Maybe 2 years... it's already lost value
Post 33 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
“We cant seem to draw more readers. How can we sell more copies?”

“Collectors. They are suckers for “rare” shit, let’s get them to buy multiples of the same book!”

-pretend conversation at Marvel HQ
Post 34 IP   flag post
Collector DocBrown private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelastbard
Did anyone pick up one of these at NYCC this year? It's technically Marvel Legacy, but the art is being used for Phoenix Resurrection AND has an ad for Phoenix Resurrection on the back...

It's Marvel Legacy 1 NYCC Exclusive Art Adams Cover... Half Color / Half Black and White. I only found out about it a few days ago. They're available on eBay, but curious if anyone in the group managed to track them down at the con.

This isn't my picture... I do not have one.

They were handed out to the retailers who went to the Marvel retailer meeting on Thursday, Oct 5.

By the way...I love variants...always have...but $2,000, $3,000, $5,000, $10,000 for these books...?

The best line comes at 1:07: "make an investment in your family's future...by educating them about the valued lessons of our founding fathers!"

Uh huh.

Sure.

An "investment"...rrrrright. Totally subtle.
Post 35 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBrown
By the way...I love variants...always have...but $2,000, $3,000, $5,000, $10,000 for these books...?

I refuse to buy the 1:1000, 1:2000, etc variants... I think the ROI just isn't there and there are too many other ways to spend my money! Sometimes, you get lucky on the 1:5, 1:10, 1:25, 1:50, but when you get higher, the buy in also is, so their climb will also depend on so many factors. The 1:1000 - 1:2000, though? NOT. THERE... The fact that you can get some of the 1:2000 Venom covers now, 9.8 (graded) for around $1000 says it all! They were selling for more than that at the time of release.
Post 36 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBrown

I refuse to buy the 1:1000, 1:2000, etc variants... I think the ROI just isn't there and there are too many other ways to spend my money! Sometimes, you get lucky on the 1:5, 1:10, 1:25, 1:50, but when you get higher, the buy in also is, so their climb will also depend on so many factors. The 1:1000 - 1:2000, though? NOT. THERE... The fact that you can get some of the 1:2000 Venom covers now, 9.8 (graded) for around $1000 says it all! They were selling for more than that at the time of release.

Post 37 IP   flag post
@DJC_II I think that pretty much demonstrates my point. One sold for a REALLY high amount, and one much lower... The third copy (Dell'Otto), is a different variant. The $4000 for a 1:3500(?) variant seems kind of weird to me three days after a $954, but oh well.

As I've mentioned in another thread, the typical pricing "new" for variants is $1 per rarity, so a 1:3500 book would typically cost $3500 to a customer. If a retailer sold it for $4000 and wasn't sitting on a few thousand copies of the book still, they did well... If it's a consumer who paid $3500-ish? I'd say a $500 profit, which would be MUCH less after fees (eBay and PayPal) on $4000 is... meh.
Post 38 IP   flag post
Quote:
@DJC_II I think that pretty much demonstrates my point. One sold for a REALLY high amount, and one much lower... The third copy (Dell'Otto), is a different variant. The $4000 for a 1:3500(?) variant seems kind of weird to me three days after a $954, but oh well.

As I've mentioned in another thread, the typical pricing "new" for variants is $1 per rarity, so a 1:3500 book would typically cost $3500 to a customer. If a retailer sold it for $4000 and wasn't sitting on a few thousand copies of the book still, they did well... If it's a consumer who paid $3500-ish? I'd say a $500 profit, which would be MUCH less after fees (eBay and PayPal) on $4000 is... meh.

Yeah I didn't quite understand that too. Who was the moron who paid full price?
I just did that search yesterday on eBay with the sold tab, so I'm sure the results would still be there. Still

Like you said, the ROI isn't there.
I love books. Love em, and if I knew that the values would stick... for the most part, I'd make more purchases. But it just doesn't happen.

Speaking of eBay fees...
I sold a dkr 1 double signed 9.4 for 350.
EBay took 90. PayPal took 15. Shipping with full insurance was 30.
I paid originally 300.
Post 39 IP   flag post
@DJC_II Ouch!
Post 40 IP   flag post
597904 40 15
This topic is archived. Start new topic?