Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS EventsCBCS GradedComics Restoration and ConservationGrading Help NeededQuestions

So sorry!488

President SteveBorock private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre_Coder
Speedy recovery, Steve! Take it easy.

Thank you!
Post 26 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzetta
Get better soon Steve

Thanks! That's the plan!
Post 27 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PovRow
Well, Steve, isn't THAT another fine mess you got yourself into!

Yep, our bodies don't listen to our minds.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brubaker
Quote:
Originally Posted by sluggo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brubaker
Steve Borock doesn't have surgeries. Surgeries have Steve Borock.

Ahhh, I got nothin'.

Steve Borock performs surgery on himself with one hand tied behind his back just to make it interesting.

LOL!
Post 29 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFP_Comics
Get better Brother.

Thanks, brother!
Post 30 IP   flag post

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Curmudgeon
I hate surgery, but at least they give you the good meds after.
Don't try to do too much, let your body be your guide.
I've seen your picture and I think your about my same age.
So remember we don't heal as quickly as we used to, so just pay attention to what your body is telling you.

Get well soon.

The meds suck! LOL! The make me spacey and have side effects :-(

I can't take them while grading and I am trying to do everything the doc tells me to do. I have follow up appointments on Monday, so I have to work this weekend. Pam is bummed because Saturday is my B-Day and she wanted to do something special with the family, but the comics need to be graded.
Post 31 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicMadman
Best wishes for a speedy recovery. Getting ready to send over my first submission in a few weeks. Quick question, any plans on implementing a registry?

Thanks.

Thanks! We are working on a lot of things and collector sets (registry) is one of them. Hope you like the grades when you get your books back, as I always worry about every grade that goes out the door!
Post 32 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost_Town
Feel better, Steve!

Thanks, Barton! Miss ya! Need to talk soon, been too long. Hope you are doing well!
Post 33 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnkurJ
Get better Steve! Are all Moderns automatic 9.8's while you're away?

LOL! Nope, the are all 11's.

Thanks for the well wishes and hope to see you at a con soon!
Post 34 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sqeggs
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveBorock
Sorry I have not been here to answer questions, but I had surgery last week and the recovery has been slow. Between trying to grade and with the pain I am in, I have had no time for other things like the forums, FB and such.

I checked a few threads last night, but will start to be more involved, hopefully, very soon.

I do check my emails (sborock@cbcscomics.com), so if needed about a thread or a certain post, any of you can reach out to me that way, but as stated, I will start checking the boards more often. Heck, I miss you all! I also miss being here!

As always, happy collecting!
-Steve Borock

Yikes! I hope you feel better.

Thanks! So do I!
Post 35 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
Glad it went well for you!! Take care of yourself brother!!

Thanks, brother! Seems all went well, but the recovery sucks!
Post 36 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatmanAmerica
Speedy recovery, bro. We're all in your corner.

Thanks, my friend! Give my best to your much better half! Hope to see you both soon!
Post 37 IP   flag post
Collector JazzyJeffie private msg quote post Address this user
@SteveBorock Sir, your gesture and thoughtfulness - that you had to come post here and apologize to us CBCS patrons and followers amidst still recovering from surgery - is the reason why I keep using CBCS and preaching your company to my fellow hobbyists here in the Philippines.

You are a testament to good business, and I hope one day, I can see you branching out Grading Services to the Philippines.

Have a speedy yet full recovery! Take it easy, and welcome back!
Post 38 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyJeffie
@SteveBorock Sir, your gesture and thoughtfulness - that you had to come post here and apologize to us CBCS patrons and followers amidst still recovering from surgery - is the reason why I keep using CBCS and preaching your company to my fellow hobbyists here in the Philippines.

You are a testament to good business, and I hope one day, I can see you branching out Grading Services to the Philippines.

Have a speedy yet full recovery! Take it easy, and welcome back!

Thanks for the kind words about my recovery and especially about our company! We would love to branch out as well!
Post 39 IP   flag post
Collector Mathyus_42 private msg quote post Address this user
Surgeries can for sure put a damper on stuff. I have had many over the last few years. Glad to see you are doing well, and getting better sir.
Post 40 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathyus_42
Surgeries can for sure put a damper on stuff. I have had many over the last few years. Glad to see you are doing well, and getting better sir.

Thanks!
After all the horrible pain I was in, and the pain I am still in, I really feel for you having many surgeries. I hope all is well with you now...
Post 41 IP   flag post
Collector Mathyus_42 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveBorock
Quote:

Thanks!
After all the horrible pain I was in, and the pain I am still in, I really feel for you having many surgeries. I hope all is well with you now...

You are welcome! :-)

Well, after the type of accident I had, I will never "better" they say. I will most likely be, "as good as I can be" and have to deal with it. LOL... I fell 30 feet head first onto concrete off of a billboard and was dead for a bit. Long enough to tell my family and friends that there was nothing more they could do. Most of my every day pain sucks, but it is my new normal. I am glad that I am still here to talk about it.
Post 42 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Glad to see you are doing well, and getting better sir.

+1

Quote:
Surgeries can for sure put a damper on stuff. I have had many over the last few years.

Multiple surgeries SUCK! I've had 8 between 2003 - 2014.
I used to think of the comics that could have been had if not for the medical bills, but then NOT having the surgeries probably would have sucked more, ultimately, and it would be my family dealing with it. So it's a fair trade.
Post 43 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_SigS
Quote:
Glad to see you are doing well, and getting better sir.

+1

Quote:
Surgeries can for sure put a damper on stuff. I have had many over the last few years.

Multiple surgeries SUCK! I've had 8 between 2003 - 2014.
I used to think of the comics that could have been had if not for the medical bills, but then NOT having the surgeries probably would have sucked more, ultimately, and it would be my family dealing with it. So it's a fair trade.

Very true. Losing the $ sucks, but our health and family must come 1st!
Post 44 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
We've never meet, but based on what I have seen and heard, you are an honest, thoughtful person which a passion for comics and music. I hope you have a nice birthday this weekend and that you are feeling like yourself soon. I miss seeing the covers of the books that you'd post on the CBCS facebook page at midnight or 1 AM! My goal is to submit a book that is nice enough for you to post and comment on someday. Hope to see you at a convention soon. Steve and Tim were great to meet and talk to at RI Comic Con last year.
Post 45 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
We've never meet, but based on what I have seen and heard, you are an honest, thoughtful person which a passion for comics and music. I hope you have a nice birthday this weekend and that you are feeling like yourself soon. I miss seeing the covers of the books that you'd post on the CBCS facebook page at midnight or 1 AM! My goal is to submit a book that is nice enough for you to post and comment on someday. Hope to see you at a convention soon. Steve and Tim were great to meet and talk to at RI Comic Con last year.

Yep, Steve & Tim are great!

I hope we can meet up at a con in the near future as well! Until then we can communicate here. I have made some of my best friends & great friends on forums and the CBCS comic colletors FB page over the years. We have been so busy, but I will try and post more books on FB for you and everyone to enjoy. I really have fun doing that and hope one of yours gets picked as well.

Thanks for the kind words and B-Day wishes!
Post 46 IP   flag post
Collector Marc_1 private msg quote post Address this user
Feel better man!
Post 47 IP   flag post
Collector roarzola private msg quote post Address this user
Hope you feel better. Listen to what the doctor tells you.
Post 48 IP   flag post
Collector bird private msg quote post Address this user
Glad to hear that you are feeling better Steve! Take care and be well! - Sean W
Post 49 IP   flag post
596773 49 24
This topic is archived. Start new topic?