Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Great to see a new update!
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector shiftins6 private msg quote post Address this user
Is "Raw Grade" under All Other?
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Absolute_Zero private msg quote post Address this user
Yeah was told that pressing was in June so a whole another month till pressing to grade and back in hands. No problem as it will be exciting to see what they come back as😊
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Deadpoolica private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
Great to see a new update!
same here lol
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Menoth79 private msg quote post Address this user
Love to get my stuff. First time I submitted to cbcs at baltimore. Submitted some to cgc too. Got my cgc submissions weeks ago. Still waiting...
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector NoahSult private msg quote post Address this user
17 weeks?!? Looks like I won’t be submitting anything for a long time through cbcs. Great company but this is still to long for simple grading
Post 7 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake_Fleming

#CBCScomics #turnaroundupdate

I have 11 books (10 modern 1 consumer) subbed in person 8/18 , no special items like pressing, just straight sub.

How can you be grading books a month after that if mine are still stagnant?

Edit: *please dont bother to reply until after the holiday, I hope you all have some good time off with your families! 🍺🐔
Post 8 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@shrewbeer - I submitted 20 that same day at Terrific Con. No movement or any signs of progress.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector Themaxx35 private msg quote post Address this user
@shrewbeer are those submissions with Matt? Just curious b/c that’s when my SDCC were received too.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector Tommy49 private msg quote post Address this user
According to this, all of my stuff should have shipped by now. All my orders still show grading on the website.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themaxx35
@shrewbeer are those submissions with Matt? Just curious b/c that’s when my SDCC were received too.
no, @esaravo and I subbed same day at terrificon
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector canadianspiderman private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy49
According to this, all of my stuff should have shipped by now. All my orders still show grading on the website.
same here @Tommy49.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector shiftins6 private msg quote post Address this user
* All times are for novelty use only.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector 99issues private msg quote post Address this user
Quick stream Nov 1. Dying to see those grades. Still showing received. By this chart, I assume they will be back in about 10 days.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
I'm not one that sees much value in...complaining (for lack of a better word) about TAT. But I suggest that these TAT's - as posted - really aren't helpful to CBCS customers nor CBCS the company.

The only TAT that REALLY matters is when stuff is being shipped. I know the competition lists steps on their web portal - but that isn't helpful either and it's not meaningful. It can look like your books are going to exceed listed TAT because they sit at verified until the last few days and boom - books done and shipped in those last few days.

So I humbly suggest CBCS consider posting nothing but the dates of books received that are currently shipping. Customers don't need to wonder if there is something wrong because their books from the middle of August are sitting at verified instead of grading. Customers only need to be concerned if their books haven't shipped when they should have, based on posted shipping dates.

From the business standpoint (that is CBCS's) - I think it tells the world and competition too much when your posted TAT's clearly reveal where the company's problems are. Either books are entered into the grading Que LONG before they actually are going to be graded (a workflow management issue). Or (much more likely) there is huge bottleneck in encapsulation.

Many, perhaps most here might disagree. But the only date that matters in the OP is July 24. And the next TAT update the only day that matters will be the ship date. This will tell customers if their books should have shipped and if CBCS is falling further behind or catching up. Which is the only information that is useful to us. Bottlenecks, workflow management issues - this information is only useful to CBCS management.

Just my opinion....
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector neyko private msg quote post Address this user
You got slammed by that storm, so if these turn around times are accurate I am fine with them.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by neyko
You got slammed by that storm, so if these turn around times are accurate I am fine with them.

Unfortunately it doesnt seem like they are :/
Post 18 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
Quote:
Originally Posted by neyko

Unfortunately it doesnt seem like they are :/

I believe that the SHIPPING date is accurate. I had an expanded submission of three books that CBCS received July 24 that did ship several days ago.

Which is why I believe all the other dates are unnecessary and just tend to cause concern. Maybe sometimes those concerns are valid - but often times - probably MOST of the time - they are not.

The only date that matters is the end to end TAT. Your books for instance you said were received 8/18. 17 weeks from that date is 12/15. It doesn't really matter when they start grading them, encapsulate them or QC them. It only really matters when they ship. I have seen it lots of times - with both grading companies - that books LOOK like they are going to be late because they sit at some stage longer than it seems they "should". Only to have them quickly - in a matter of a week or two - go from nothing to done. Keeping track of such is supposed to be what your workflow management system/manager/ person does.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector willieCPA4646 private msg quote post Address this user
esaravo: "I submitted 20 that same day at Terrific Con. No movement or any signs of progress."

I also submitted two books at TerrifiCon on Saturday 8.18.17. Two Silver Age comics with pressing. I see the order in the system, but no word on when the books will be ready.
Post 20 IP   flag post
@IronMan there is truth to what you are saying.

No point in cbcs posting the extra info unless they are sure its accurate. If I get my books by christmas I’ll certainly be happy; its the uncertainty that sucks.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
@IronMan there is truth to what you are saying.

No point in cbcs posting the extra info unless they are sure its accurate. If I get my books by christmas I’ll certainly be happy; its the uncertainty that sucks.

100% truth in what you say. Misinformation is worse than no information.

it is worth noting that across the street at that other grading company, they don't post any estimated TAT except when books will be done. If you submitted under your own account, you can watch as the books move from step to step. But CGC doesn't give any estimate as to when the books will move to grading. Only an estimate of when they will be done.

There have been lots of studies of lines and waiting Ques. Which is funny, since they all tell us what we have known since we were in kindergarten. No one LIKES waiting in line. But what we HATE is if someone waits less time than us.

Anecdotal stories on FB forums and chat boards are not statistically valid. But there are enough of these personal accounts on such places to cause some concern as to if CBCS's workflow management system works as well as it could. Same tier, similar number of books submitted a couple of weeks apart by different collectors and the one submitted later gets done first. This is actually the scenario that makes regular folks angry - not the wait itself. It doesn't seem fair - and jokes about cotton candy and monkey poop aside - fair matters to folks.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Collector canadianspiderman private msg quote post Address this user
Just got an e-mail saying my order is ready for shipping. One book waiting on imaging (yes thats right, I paid to see how pretty it looked before actually getting it). On a holiday weekend none the less. Props.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Collector Gabriel85301 private msg quote post Address this user
I was a little late paying my bill because of an Earthquake in my mom's hometown of Mexico several months ago and had to help out financially for the rebuilding of family home. Meh. Life happens.

I'm in grading, my 73 books can come back next year for all that matters, I am not in a rush in getting my books back right away because I am not going anywhere, but I did notice on one of my books [Captain Marvel #14 - 2013] that I got double signed by Kelly Sue Deconnick and Joe Quiones, that it says Quinones only signed it and not KSD. I'm a little worried, I am certain KSD signed the entire box of books I passed her, I hope Quality Control catches/sees/finds it. It's gonna kill me if it slipped, and wasn't signed by her. Oh well. Life happens.

Thank you Jake for all your assistance in Portland, and the tip you gave my nephew on the shoes has been helping him immensely.
Post 24 IP   flag post
@Gabriel85301
You should call customer service and let them know of the potential error on the book you spoke of. Easy fix now, harder farther into the process.

Sorry to hear of your families's misfortune. I'm glad to hear you were able to help
Post 25 IP   flag post
Collector Themaxx35 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMan
@Gabriel85301
You should call customer service and let them know of the potential error on the book you spoke of. Easy fix now, harder farther into the process.

Sorry to hear of your families's misfortune. I'm glad to hear you were able to help

Agreed. I got back a two signature book with only one signature listed on the label. I called customer service and they were nice enough to explain how it could be fixed but I just haven’t had the time to mess with it. Best to correct it now before it’s sent back to you.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Just got an email from cbcs, and got all excited that things were moving!!

Nope, they have received and charged my card for the 2-day modern invoice on The Good Morty (that cannot be graded).

blagh...

*At least they fixed it quickly
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector Kaleljll private msg quote post Address this user
My books are in QC!!!!!
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector cbj102 private msg quote post Address this user
So I get it. You can't control Mother Nature and then your supplier of slabs has issues OK. But what gets me pissed is this....

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=batman+dark+nights+metal+%231+mattina+cbcs+ultimate+variant+9.8+74%2F250&_blrs=spell_check

It's a listing of a Metal #1 variant released in October (Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong).

My submission (Aug 4th) is just regular grading - no sigs and no pressing.

I just don't feel it's right for them to accept speed orders until they are caught up on the backlog.

I feel very slighted here. In spite of the delay I had planned using them on a regularly but now I don't think so.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector NoahSult private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbj102
So I get it. You can't control Mother Nature and then your supplier of slabs has issues OK. But what gets me pissed is this....

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=batman+dark+nights+metal+%231+mattina+cbcs+ultimate+variant+9.8+74%2F250&_blrs=spell_check
From what I have seen on message boards,Facebook,and other sites these turnaround times have cost cbcs lots of customers, and rightfully so. Great company but these times are not acceptable. No excuses anymore, get it done cbcs!

It's a listing of a Metal #1 variant released in October (Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong).

My submission (Aug 4th) is just regular grading - no sigs and no pressing.

I just don't feel it's right for them to accept speed orders until they are caught up on the backlog.

I feel very slighted here. In spite of the delay I had planned using them on a regularly but now I don't think so.

No excuses for them anymore, they need to fix these turn around times. From Facebook,here, and other message boards they are losing customers left and right. People want to say give them time, but ladies and gentlemen if they keep losing customers they will have plenty of time on their hands as a bankrupt company, maybe Beckett will shutter them and it will become Beckett grading.
Post 30 IP   flag post
601455 149 30
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.