Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedMemorabiliaMovies TelevisionPop CultureToys

The Bog Blog - Swamp Creatures thread4876

Collector Odins_Raven private msg quote post Address this user
@Despain Dude that is AWESOME! Where did you find a scan of it, may I ask???
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector Despain private msg quote post Address this user
@Odins_Raven The Air Fighters issues I believe I found it on eBay about a year ago. I think the seller was asking over $500-600 for it. I never pulled the trigger. ๐Ÿ˜‚
Post 27 IP   flag post
In case anyone is interested in reading the golden age public domain comics, my buddy gave me a link to this excellent resource!

http://comicbookplus.com/?cid=1507
Post 28 IP   flag post
I was just looking at them on GPA and that does seem a little high for then depending on the condition. There isn't much interest in the Heap or Air Fighters/Boy comics so these days that might be a price worth considering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despain
@Odins_Raven The Air Fighters issues I believe I found it on eBay about a year ago. I think the seller was asking over $500-600 for it. I never pulled the trigger. ๐Ÿ˜‚
Post 29 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odins_Raven
In case anyone is interested in reading the golden age public domain comics, my buddy gave me a link to this excellent resource!

http://comicbookplus.com/?cid=1507

That's an excellent site. I believe that's where I found that original Heap story. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป
Post 30 IP   flag post

One of my favorite Swamp Thing collectibles. Would have liked to had Len sign as well RIP LW & BW

Post 31 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@X51 My former copy of this iconic issue

Nice!
Post 32 IP   flag post
Quote:
I was just looking at them on GPA and that does seem a little high for then depending on the condition. There isn't much interest in the Heap or Air Fighters/Boy comics so these days that might be a price worth considering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despain

I watched a CGC 6.0 cream/off-white pages sell for $400 just a few months ago, so I'm glad I passed on that raw copy. My luck it would've graded lower than 6.0 and could've had slight restoration.
Post 33 IP   flag post
Here it is: Air Fighters Comics #3
Post 34 IP   flag post

Post 35 IP   flag post

Post 36 IP   flag post
One of my fav piece of swamp OA. Ode to Swamp Things first appearance in House of Secrets 92 featuring Man-Thing and Howard the Duck by Val Mayerik.

Post 37 IP   flag post
Collector vabchgent private msg quote post Address this user

Guess I should put this out there, 1st Swampthing
Post 38 IP   flag post
Collector TellEmSteveDave private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
One of my fav piece of swamp OA. Ode to Swamp Things first appearance in House of Secrets 92 featuring Man-Thing and Howard the Duck by Val Mayerik.

That is awesome. My two favorite Marvel characters.
I'll try and get some pics of my Man-Thing/Howard OA up in a bit.
Post 39 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Swamp Thing, second series.

Post 40 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Two Spider-Man and Man-Thing Team-Ups:

Post 41 IP   flag post

Alex Saviuk

Neal Adams

George Perez

Dan Parent

Katie Cook
Post 42 IP   flag post
@TellEmSteveDave WOW DUDE! Those are amazing! I have never seen so many Man-Thing pieces assembled like that. You must be a fan eh?
Post 43 IP   flag post
Quote:
@TellEmSteveDave WOW DUDE! Those are amazing! I have never seen so many Man-Thing pieces assembled like that. You must be a fan eh?

You would be correct. I try and get a Man-Thing or Howard sketch every con I go to.
Big fan of the Marvel monsters in general. I've started branching out with the sketches. Got a few Morbius, Ghost Rider, Werewolf by Night.
Post 44 IP   flag post
@TellEmSteveDave
Sounds like we have a mutual appreciation for the supernatural characters. I have been doing something similar at the cons I go to. I try and find something Swamp Thing or Moon Knight related at every show. This is a commission I had done by a young artist by the name of Tiffany Le. I asked for a feminine Swamp Thing โ€œMother Earthโ€-like. Very pleased with the results.

Post 45 IP   flag post
Another piece I picked up recently.

Marcio Abreu
Post 46 IP   flag post

Post 47 IP   flag post

Post 48 IP   flag post

Post 49 IP   flag post

Post 50 IP   flag post

Post 51 IP   flag post

Post 52 IP   flag post

Post 53 IP   flag post

Post 54 IP   flag post

Post 55 IP   flag post
601452 60 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?