CBCS Comics
The CBCS forum community is now closed to new posts and replies. The forum will remain available in read-only mode for the time being. Thank you to all who contributed over the years.
CBCS GradedMemorabiliaMovies TelevisionPop CultureToys

The Bog Blog - Swamp Creatures thread4876

Collector Odins_Raven private msg quote post Address this user
@Despain Dude that is AWESOME! Where did you find a scan of it, may I ask???
Post 26 • IP   flag post
Collector Despain private msg quote post Address this user
@Odins_Raven The Air Fighters issues I believe I found it on eBay about a year ago. I think the seller was asking over $500-600 for it. I never pulled the trigger. ๐Ÿ˜‚
Post 27 • IP   flag post
Collector Odins_Raven private msg quote post Address this user
In case anyone is interested in reading the golden age public domain comics, my buddy gave me a link to this excellent resource!

http://comicbookplus.com/?cid=1507
Post 28 • IP   flag post
Collector Odins_Raven private msg quote post Address this user
I was just looking at them on GPA and that does seem a little high for then depending on the condition. There isn't much interest in the Heap or Air Fighters/Boy comics so these days that might be a price worth considering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despain
@Odins_Raven The Air Fighters issues I believe I found it on eBay about a year ago. I think the seller was asking over $500-600 for it. I never pulled the trigger. ๐Ÿ˜‚
Post 29 • IP   flag post
Collector Despain private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odins_Raven
In case anyone is interested in reading the golden age public domain comics, my buddy gave me a link to this excellent resource!

http://comicbookplus.com/?cid=1507


That's an excellent site. I believe that's where I found that original Heap story. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป
Post 30 • IP   flag post


Collector Odins_Raven private msg quote post Address this user
One of my favorite Swamp Thing collectibles. Would have liked to had Len sign as well RIP LW & BW


Post 31 • IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odins_Raven
@X51 My former copy of this iconic issue




Nice!
Post 32 • IP   flag post
Collector Despain private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odins_Raven
I was just looking at them on GPA and that does seem a little high for then depending on the condition. There isn't much interest in the Heap or Air Fighters/Boy comics so these days that might be a price worth considering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despain
@Odins_Raven The Air Fighters issues I believe I found it on eBay about a year ago. I think the seller was asking over $500-600 for it. I never pulled the trigger. ๐Ÿ˜‚


I watched a CGC 6.0 cream/off-white pages sell for $400 just a few months ago, so I'm glad I passed on that raw copy. My luck it would've graded lower than 6.0 and could've had slight restoration.
Post 33 • IP   flag post
Collector Despain private msg quote post Address this user
Here it is: Air Fighters Comics #3
Post 34 • IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 35 • IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 36 • IP   flag post
Collector Odins_Raven private msg quote post Address this user
One of my fav piece of swamp OA. Ode to Swamp Things first appearance in House of Secrets 92 featuring Man-Thing and Howard the Duck by Val Mayerik.


Post 37 • IP   flag post
Collector vabchgent private msg quote post Address this user


Guess I should put this out there, 1st Swampthing
Post 38 • IP   flag post
Collector TellEmSteveDave private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odins_Raven
One of my fav piece of swamp OA. Ode to Swamp Things first appearance in House of Secrets 92 featuring Man-Thing and Howard the Duck by Val Mayerik.




That is awesome. My two favorite Marvel characters.
I'll try and get some pics of my Man-Thing/Howard OA up in a bit.
Post 39 • IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Swamp Thing, second series.





Post 40 • IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Two Spider-Man and Man-Thing Team-Ups:





Post 41 • IP   flag post
Collector TellEmSteveDave private msg quote post Address this user


Alex Saviuk



Neal Adams



George Perez



Dan Parent



Katie Cook
Post 42 • IP   flag post
Collector Odins_Raven private msg quote post Address this user
@TellEmSteveDave WOW DUDE! Those are amazing! I have never seen so many Man-Thing pieces assembled like that. You must be a fan eh?
Post 43 • IP   flag post
Collector TellEmSteveDave private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odins_Raven
@TellEmSteveDave WOW DUDE! Those are amazing! I have never seen so many Man-Thing pieces assembled like that. You must be a fan eh?


You would be correct. I try and get a Man-Thing or Howard sketch every con I go to.
Big fan of the Marvel monsters in general. I've started branching out with the sketches. Got a few Morbius, Ghost Rider, Werewolf by Night.
Post 44 • IP   flag post
Collector Odins_Raven private msg quote post Address this user
@TellEmSteveDave
Sounds like we have a mutual appreciation for the supernatural characters. I have been doing something similar at the cons I go to. I try and find something Swamp Thing or Moon Knight related at every show. This is a commission I had done by a young artist by the name of Tiffany Le. I asked for a feminine Swamp Thing โ€œMother Earthโ€-like. Very pleased with the results.


Post 45 • IP   flag post
Collector Odins_Raven private msg quote post Address this user
Another piece I picked up recently.


Marcio Abreu
Post 46 • IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user

Post 47 • IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user

Post 48 • IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user

Post 49 • IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user

Post 50 • IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user

Post 51 • IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user

Post 52 • IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user

Post 53 • IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user

Post 54 • IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user

Post 55 • IP   flag post
657131 60 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?