Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Grading Help NeededQuestions

Double book (not double cover but full book)4859

Collector ComxDlr private msg quote post Address this user
I have a Punisher book that though it has a 'brown paper' outside wrapper cover.. and a normal glossy cover, it has 2 full book insides..

so you open the 'outer cover', then the inner (normal) cover, and then you can read 1/2 of the book and where you would normally get the 'center/staple location' it has the first comic book page where the copyright info is.. and has a full set of pages again.. then the center and then the 2nd half of the story (twice), normal rear cover, then outer cover.

Anyone seen one of these.. would this get a grade?? i know sometimes double covers do with a notation but ive never seen one like this graded.. wondering if it would get graded.. I have a batman that didnt get the inner cover and it appears no one will grade it 'since it didnt get its original cover... ' which i still dont understand but ok
Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
I have one, but only has double interior. Not two covers.

https://forum.cbcscomics.com/topic/4524/page/1/avengers-200-double-interior/#9
Post 2 IP   flag post
that is what i have .. this one was Punisher 57 which has a paper "wanted poster" cover over the typically cover.. but it only has 1 cover the inside book doesnt have a second set of covers (sorry i tried to make it clear but guess without pictures its harder to talk about
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Homer private msg quote post Address this user
The reason they will not grade your Batman book without an inner cover, is someone could of removed the inner cover and its incomplete. No way to identify if it was produced with or without the inner cover.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homer
The reason they will not grade your Batman book without an inner cover, is someone could of removed the inner cover and its incomplete. No way to identify if it was produced with or without the inner cover.

Well as i do understand this, they grade double covers, and triple .. which have the same issue.. they grade copies of books that have the wrong outside cover.. so I assume that they have some way of 'checking to see if the staples were bent back enough to remove the cover' or something that they deem reasonable.. ive seen comics with 6 covers graded.. so though i understand your logic.. i still am at a loss why it works one way and not really the other way. I will know its the way it is from the factory .. as I ran the comic shop that received it.. but I've always figured it would be hard to prove...not like a baseball card with a back printed upside down or something
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Homer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComxDlr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homer

Well as i do understand this, they grade double covers, and triple .. which have the same issue.. they grade copies of books that have the wrong outside cover.. so I assume that they have some way of 'checking to see if the staples were bent back enough to remove the cover' or something that they deem reasonable.. ive seen comics with 6 covers graded.. so though i understand your logic.. i still am at a loss why it works one way and not really the other way. I will know its the way it is from the factory .. as I ran the comic shop that received it.. but I've always figured it would be hard to prove...not like a baseball card with a back printed upside down or something

If a comic is produced with two covers and one of the covers is missing, its incomplete as it could of been gently torn out and discarded. You do not have to bend the staples to remove an inner cover. If a standard comic book with a single cover, ends up with multiple covers its considered a double cover. They do check to see that the multiple cover is original to the comic with staple placement and staple conditions.
Post 6 IP   flag post
597993 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?