Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Captain Corrector CaptainCanuck private msg quote post Address this user
Anyone ever use the CBCS Raw Grading Service for treasury editions? Thinking of submitting a few treasuries to see what they would grade at.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector shiftins6 private msg quote post Address this user
I don't think too many people have used this service yet. I submitted some bronze age spider-man comic just to test the waters but haven't gotten them back yet.
Post 2 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@CaptainCanuck - I have considered submitting some Treasury editions also.
@shiftins6 - let us know when you get your comics back so we have an idea on TAT’s for Raw Grade.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
I've purchased at least one "raw graded" CBCS Treasury book. The 2nd Superman/Spider-Man Team up. Marvel Treasury Edition #28. I like them. Obviously it's not as sturdy and protective as a slab. But it's a nice quality backing board and bag and there is no other option for a "professional" opinion on the grade of Treasury size book that includes sealing it up.

I have three of my own that I plan on sending in sometime soon. It is certainly worth $10 that most Treasury size would cost.

Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Comicskins have see through backing boards...if cbcs wants this raw service to take off, they should invest in those. That'd interest me...otherwise I don't see the point (versus going for the basic slab versus the price difference).
Post 5 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
Comicskins have see through backing boards...if cbcs wants this raw service to take off, they should invest in those. That'd interest me...otherwise I don't see the point (versus going for the basic slab versus the price difference).

I have zero interest in raw grade for regular comic books. There simply isn't enough difference in price between raw grade and regular slabbed books

Magazines the price difference is worth considering (compared to CGC's service) It's half the cost. Treasuries of course have no competing product.

The clear backing boards would seem a good fit for raw grade, but CBCS has said the cost of such is too high.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMan
The clear backing boards would seem a good fit for raw grade, but CBCS has said the cost of such is too high.

That's fine, but comicskins charges $1.29 and you know they're making a profit. Even if cbcs made it an extra option to add a clear backing board for $1 extra I bet most would jump on this. much more marketable if the goal is to sell it.
Post 7 IP   flag post
600523 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?