Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Secret Santa sign up thread4830

COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
I'm too lazy to shop. I just sent bitcoin. It was a quarter my dog bit.
Post 51 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by conditionfreak
I'm too lazy to shop. I just sent bitcoin. It was a quarter my dog bit.

Post 52 IP   flag post
My Secret Santa gift sending didn't go as I had planned. I left the return address off the package (to remain a secret santa), and the post office would not let me mail it without a return address.

I thought about using a different address but since the item is insured I was afraid that might be a problem if things went south.

Best Laid Plans of Mice and Men.

Speaking of Christmas Presents. I ordered a couple of slabs from Comixology aka Comic Mint, for presents to me from my wife. I will give them to her to wrap when they finally get here. I also ordered a few raw books from a private person.

None of them have arrived yet. No notice of having been shipped either. They were ordered on Nov. 28th.

My wife has 10 presents under our tree, from me. I have one (a sweatshirt I bought and gave her to wrap to me) (It is sweet).

But we are going to have Christmas at our youngest sons home on a different day than the 25th, and there will be plenty of presents for me there, from my three sons and their wives.

So I'm good. But my wife is concerned about my lack of presents under our tree.

I might be able to use this to my advantage and get something BIG. Like a NM 98.
Post 53 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
@conditionfreak I am ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ. I thought your wife asked you to get rid of some comics but now you managed her to give you more! How did you end up with this achievement? ๐Ÿ˜‚

Hope all arrives on time!
Post 54 IP   flag post
Honestly, I think it is because I am always on deaths doorstep, and she wants me to be happy in the time I have left.

WINNING!
Post 55 IP   flag post

Quote:
Honestly, I think it is because I am always on deaths doorstep, and she wants me to be happy in the time I have left.

WINNING!

I am sure there is another reason which is that deep inside she knows what you treasure the most as a gift!
Post 56 IP   flag post
Got my present from Secret Santa today. Have not opened it yet, but meethinks I have an idea of who my Santa Dude might be.

For written on the outside protective cardboard is "Ho Ho Ho Brah!".

Of course some of you are devious wannabe evil scientists and may be tricking me.

Holy Mystery Batman! Can we solve this riddle in time to save Christmas?

Merry Christmas Brah! And thanks.
Post 57 IP   flag post
@conditionfreak maybe a turtle book has been sneaked in between your preferences ๐ŸŽ…๐Ÿป
Post 58 IP   flag post
That would be fine. But PULEEEASE, no Rick and Morty. I run a respectful collection.
Post 59 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafel
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMan
Any vintage comics (say pre - 1985) From Archie to Zorro. If it's on newsprint and smells like old paper, it's good.

When you say "News print" do you mean like the daily news paper or comic book "News print"?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafel
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMan
Any vintage comics (say pre - 1985) From Archie to Zorro. If it's on newsprint and smells like old paper, it's good.

When you say "News print" do you mean like the daily news paper or comic book "News print"?

I should have said newsprint. Like the cheap ass paper that comic books used to be printed on when comics were cheap
Post 60 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
That would be fine. But PULEEEASE, no Rick and Morty. I run a respectful collection.

I for one am deeply offended, brah
Post 61 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Quote:

I for one am deeply offended, brah

Existence is pain.
Post 62 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
My Secret Santa package arrived yesterday. I tried really hard to not open it, but after 24-hours, I gave in to my inner child and unwrapped it. Hereโ€™s what was inside.

A beautiful copy of Detective 387. But leave it to โ€œSantaโ€ to come up with something totally out of the ordinary.

Pretty awesome, Walt! Thank you for a wonderful present! Enjoy the holidays with your family.
Best Wishes,
Ed
Post 63 IP   flag post
You're welcome Ed. Merry Christmas to you and yours.

I believe that #387 has the first Batman story in it, from Tec. #27.

Just to make sure you know about Wide Awake Library. That is not an original from 1881. It is a 1945 reprint. But I'm sure you knew that already.

Here is what info is available about it on the web:

"Standard size magazine, reproduced in 1945, 16 pages in length. dime novel reprint---THE FIVE CENT WIDE AWAY LIBRARY #451; "The True Life of Billy the Kid"; aprox. 8-1/2x11"; 16 pages; originally published August 29, 1881; reprinted 1945 on newsprint shot direct from originals in 1945 and limited to 1000 copies."

Interesting to read what a magazine had to say about The Kid in 1881, instead of in todays western books. I have had it for more than 30 years.
Post 64 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@conditionfreak - thanks again. Yes, that Tec reprints the first Batman story from #27. Great looking book.
I did a little research on The Five Cent Wide Awake Library and saw that they were reprinted in 1945. Just by looking at the staples, I knew it was the 1945 edition. That, and every one that I saw from the 1800โ€™s showed a hell of a lot more wear and tear. Hey, itโ€™s still older than either you or me! Nice wrapping paper, too! Sorry I couldnโ€™t wait until Christmas.
Post 65 IP   flag post
Ha Ha I am the worlds worst present wrapper (and singer also).
Post 66 IP   flag post
Collector 1nOnly private msg quote post Address this user
I too gave into my inner child and opened my gift early.....

Thanks Santa, you rock!
Post 67 IP   flag post
Thank you to my Secret Santa!
Post 68 IP   flag post
Collector Rafel private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Thank you to my Secret Santa!

I hope you like them.
Post 69 IP   flag post
It's supposed to be a secret!
Post 70 IP   flag post
Quote:

....brah
Post 71 IP   flag post
Quote:

Damm, I failed so send them back.
Post 72 IP   flag post
Brah?
Post 73 IP   flag post
Collector Gabriel85301 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
Funny how giving away comics can be just as fun as buying them ๐Ÿ˜

I got a little carried away, and didnt stick to the $20...

Merry Christmas! ๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„

Thank you whomever got me. I appreciate the book.

This is the cleanest best copy I have come across yet, so I will definitely be sending it to be graded.

I also got carried away. I got them .. well 1 of them was a comic you can only find at one store (special store variant) and a bunch of variants of the stuff they like.

I really would have love to see the face on that person who gets it. Oh well.
Post 74 IP   flag post
Collector Gabriel85301 private msg quote post Address this user
Oh cool.

I just found out the Screen-name of my SS I'm sending stuff too..
Post 75 IP   flag post
Quote:
Brah?

Just kidding. Btw, I don't have them in my collection.
Post 76 IP   flag post
Collector Mickcatron private msg quote post Address this user
My gift is on it's way - hope they like it.
Post 77 IP   flag post
Collector BronzeAgeBaby private msg quote post Address this user
I missed this like a freaking dope!

Anyone want to do a "late to the party" thing?
Post 78 IP   flag post
Collector DarthKribs private msg quote post Address this user
The gift I send has been received. Hope they liked it.
Post 79 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthKribs
The gift I send has been received. Hope they liked it.

Same here. I realized throughout this thread though that we were supposed to wrap it.. I did not do that lol.

I've just been informed there is a suspicious package at home from Canada that says comics on it. Considering the return also says Graham, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say I'm only missing โ€œkilo" to solve this complex riddle Looking forward to getting home tonight, I'm not waiting until Christmas
Post 80 IP   flag post
600840 173 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?