Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Secret Santa sign up thread4830

Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
If you'd like to participate in a secret holiday comic exchange, please post your top 3 comic preferences or genres in this thread. Then, please pm me your name and address. I will sort it according to country and randomly match up people. The suggested gift limit is $20. The deadline for signing up is December 1st. I will try to get all the names out on the 2nd. This is just for forum members.
Post 1 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
1. Horror
2. X-Men
3. Batman

Post 2 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for organizing this, @Jesse_O.

1. The Spectre
2. DC horror/suspense, in general
3. Batman
Post 3 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Rick and Morty
TMNT
Amazing Spider-man
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Bujinwraith private msg quote post Address this user
1. Cable
2. Wolverine
3. Spawn
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector kclaw97 private msg quote post Address this user
Batman
Spidey
Cable
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
1. Surprise me
2. Surprise me
3. Surprise me
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Darkga private msg quote post Address this user
Good Girl Art
Dark Fantasy
Campy Golden Age
Post 8 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
1. Anything Batman
2. Anything about dogs (Krypto, RinTinTin, BatHound, etc)
3. Anything Supergirl
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector Rafel private msg quote post Address this user
1. Amazing Spider-Man
2. Fantastic Four
3. Avengers
Post 10 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
1. Newsstand
2. Super-something
3. Funnies
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector kclaw97 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
1. Newsstand
2. Super-something
3. Funnies

Will a newsstand fit in a USPS Priority box?

Sorry just couldn’t resist.
Post 12 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
GOOD ONE IMO

Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector bythegram private msg quote post Address this user
Great idea!

1. Spider-man
2. Spawn
3. surprise me (Marvel)
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector Gabriel85301 private msg quote post Address this user
This seems fun, but I been broke for like ever. LOL. $20 limit? Hmm I maybe in.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel85301

Gonna be tough to buy comics for 27 kids per week, under that circumstance.

A Christmas gift does not HAVE to cost $20. That is the suggested gift upper limit. A four dollar book would be just fine I think.

Except if you draw my name. LOL
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector 1nOnly private msg quote post Address this user
Great idea. I’m in.

1. Zombie Tramp
2. Lady Death
3. Suprise me
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector Gabriel85301 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by conditionfreak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel85301

Gonna be tough to buy comics for 27 kids per week, under that circumstance.

A Christmas gift does not HAVE to cost $20. That is the suggested gift upper limit. A four dollar book would be just fine I think.

Except if you draw my name. LOL

no, not per week. I was intending only to buy them a graphic novel. (Come Tax Return)
Post 18 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
Any vintage comics (say pre - 1985) From Archie to Zorro. If it's on newsprint and smells like old paper, it's good.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMan
Any vintage comics (say pre - 1985) From Archie to Zorro. If it's on newsprint and smells like old paper, it's good.

When you say "News print" do you mean like the daily news paper or comic book "News print"?
Post 20 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Jesse updated the post on Facebook. I’m not sure if he intends on mixing the two groups or if he intends on keeping them distinct, but the suggested gift value has been changed to $20-$30

Post 21 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
If you'd like to participate in a secret holiday comic exchange, please post your top 3 comic preferences or genres in this thread. Then, please pm me your name and address. I will sort it according to country and randomly match up people. The suggested gift limit is $20. The deadline for signing up is December 1st. I will try to get all the names out on the 2nd. This is just for forum members.

Jesse_O, I'm assuming that you have all our emails and information. Do we sent our gift to you so you can send them out or will you send us a name and address?
Post 22 IP   flag post
Hey all. I will be keeping the lists separate. If you signed up for the forum exchange, you will get a forum member. The gift will be mailed directly to the recipient. The way I had worded the limit for the Club page in the past had been interpreted to mean a $20 minimum. There was some confusion this year when I said a "limit of $20", so I went by what I heard other Club members say and by what I had written the last two years and clarified it. The forum is it's own entity. Do you all want a $20 limit, or a $20 suggested value? In other words, are you going to be ok if you get a $4 comic after sending out $20 worth to someone else? Or should we all try to keep the value around $20?
Post 23 IP   flag post
It's a gift. What if I bought a $20 comic for $1-3 dollars. It should be "2017-18"book value.
Post 24 IP   flag post
IMO, it is a gift and should NOT be predicated on an exchange of equal value. Because if that were the case, then my kids owe me BIG TIME gifts until I die.

Just leave it up to the judgment and means of the giver. We are all adults here. To some of us $50 is lunch money, but to some of us $10 is a tidy sum this time of year especially.

If I gift someone a 9.6 copy of Plan 9 From Outer Space, they should be excited. On the CGC census there is only one listed and it is an 8.5 But the book value of it is maybe $3.00 currently.

You will get what I give you, and LIKE IT!

In all seriousness. I'm good no matter what you "suggest". I have no problem ignoring your wishes. Never have.
Post 25 IP   flag post
Quote:
IMO, it is a gift and should NOT be predicated on an exchange of equal value. Because if that were the case, then my kids owe me BIG TIME gifts until I die.

Just leave it up to the judgment and means of the giver. We are all adults here. To some of us $50 is lunch money, but to some of us $10 is a tidy sum this time of year especially.

If I gift someone a 9.6 copy of Plan 9 From Outer Space, they should be excited. On the CGC census there is only one listed and it is an 8.5 But the book value of it is maybe $3.00 currently.

You will get what I give you, and LIKE IT!

In all seriousness. I'm good no matter what you "suggest". I have no problem ignoring your wishes. Never have.

^^^ This right here x 10!!!

There is joy in giving and there is joy in receiving. Don't get hung up on the "legalities" of it. I think it's understood that we are talking"book" value here. And the amount is TOTALLY a suggestion! It's something so that everyone has an idea of what is expected. For $20, no one is expecting a slab (well, maybe SOME of you are - LOL). Just do what you can and have fun with it!
Post 26 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
@conditionfreak @Jesse_O I agree with both of you.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Friday the 1st will be the last day to register for the exchange. I will get names out this weekend.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector Mickcatron private msg quote post Address this user
This should be fun!

1) New Teen Titans
2) Spidey
3) ROM

Favorite artist - Perez
Post 29 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Okay, sign me up. Old stuff if possible, please, like Silver Age
Adventure Comics and/or Batman/Detective Comics; or just something out of the ordinary like a foreign comic.
Thanks for setting this up, Jesse.
Post 30 IP   flag post
600811 173 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?