Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgeMovies TelevisionPop Culture

Danger Girl TV Series4826

COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
How many of you guys remember and collected the awesome J. Scott Campbell Danger Girl comics that started in 1998?
I did and I still love them.

So, I was elated today to read that Constantin Films has acquired the rights to Danger Girl to develop a TV show based on the property.

Being a spy chase / thriller type show I think lends itself well to an episode tv show format versus a movie.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector KCBatmanFan private msg quote post Address this user
I was a fan of the series, too. It's too bad it was so few issues. I think it could be a cool show along the lines of the Avengers (Steed and Peel, not Iron Man and Thor) or The Man from U.N.C.L.E. if they do it right.
Post 2 IP   flag post
I agree, wish the main series had been longer. The did do some other stuff later on like Renegade, Hawaiian Punch, Back in Black, DG/GI Jose, Kamikaze, The Chase, Trinity and a few other mini series as well.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector VillageIdiot private msg quote post Address this user
Not a chance! In this day and deranged age, such a program would be assaulted as sexist, and demeaning to females They'd have to change the entire concept of what the book was all about. It will never see production. If it does? It will be as a shell of the comic book 'tails'
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
I don't think it will pan out. Look at the Gen 13 tv show/tv movie as well. That was a flop.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector DocBrown private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLS_Comics
How many of you guys remember and collected the awesome J. Scott Campbell Danger Girl comics that started in 1998?

So, I was elated today to read that Constantin Films has acquired the rights to Danger Girl to develop a TV show based on the property.

Being a spy chase / thriller type show I think lends itself well to an episode tv show format versus a movie.

Best work Campbell ever did.

I have a boatload of DG signed books, and nobody wanted them.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector SpiderTim private msg quote post Address this user
I hope it is a success!
Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBrown
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLS_Comics

Best work Campbell ever did.

I have a boatload of DG signed books, and nobody wanted them.

That's right! This was back in the glory days of Campbell doing sequentials.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector 1243782365 private msg quote post Address this user
Was Danger Girl the first creator owned comic book to get its own video game?

Edit:
Never mind looking at the list on wikipedia of video game comics there are a lot that predate Danger girl. Asterix 1983 or caddilacs and dinosaurs (1993 and 1994)predates Danger Girl.
Post 10 IP   flag post
600771 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?