Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Grading Help Needed

Preacher:personalized signature4820

Collector Daddygetalong private msg quote post Address this user
I have a #1 Preacher comic book personalized and signed by the wrighter Garth Ennis. How would that effect the grade and value being personalized? It looks like a 9.2 and has not been graded by any one.

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Won’t affect grading if you VSP it. In terms of value is a different matter - probably reduces it a bit.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector JustABitEvil private msg quote post Address this user
In my experience with autograph collecting a personalized sig has a significantly reduced resale value, while I have far less experience with graded comics I would agree with what poka said about it not affecting the actual grade at all.
Post 3 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
@Daddygetalong I feel your pain, brother. I put the book down. Said nice to meet you. Meant to say "please just sign your name on cover". Got distracted for one second... and voila!
Bought this off rack for $2.95 NM. Luckily I found another at a garage sale for $1 in NM WITHOUT his signature and will not be getting his signature again.

Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector thpike private msg quote post Address this user
I've had artists personalize things that I don't plan on getting graded or have no real value. I really love Jordie Belaire's coloring so I have her sign and personalize splash pages. No value but they look great when I can get a few of them together to frame!
Post 5 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
That sig in the OP photo does not look like a real Garth Ennis signature.
Post 6 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

Post 7 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke

I think you're right. Unless he changed his signature. I look at mine (which I know is real because I was standing there); and I look at yours and it does not look like the one originally posted in this thread. Interesting
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector James private msg quote post Address this user
I just had Garth in my store for a signing, and he did indeed change his signature. I had some older books signed by him and asked - straight from the horse's mouth, this is what his signature used to look like, and over the last 20 years it sort of evolved/ devolved into what it is now. Your signature looks legit to me!
Post 9 IP   flag post
Wow that's 3 totally different sigs
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector Daddygetalong private msg quote post Address this user
I picked mine up at a flea market below cover price and already signed. Not sure what the value may be. I would like to sell it. I may turn it in to be graded and have the signature verified. You all have been very inciteful. Thank you very much for all the information.
Post 11 IP   flag post
598065 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?