Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
This just in, more drama with Justice League reviews.

1. Washington Post accuses Rotten Tomatoes of suppressing bad reviews. Raising questions about the objectivity of Rotten Tomato. But, if you remember, Rotten Tomato, was purchased last year by Fandango. Also, Warner Brothers is a minority owner of Rotten Tomoato. Surprise! Company that makes/sells movies/tickets, doesn't want bad reviews released of said movie.

Washington Post Article

2. Even weirder, Mark Hughes (Movie Critic for Forbes), says his Rotten Tomato account was hijacked and a review was posted on Justice League with that hacked account.

Mark Hughes
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector det_tobor private msg quote post Address this user
Industrial Espionage at its most modern.
Post 27 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingNampa
This just in, more drama with Justice League reviews.

1. Washington Post accuses Rotten Tomatoes of suppressing bad reviews. Raising questions about the objectivity of Rotten Tomato. But, if you remember, Rotten Tomato, was purchased last year by Fandango. Also, Warner Brothers is a minority owner of Rotten Tomoato. Surprise! Company that makes/sells movies/tickets, doesn't want bad reviews released of said movie.

Washington Post Article

2. Even weirder, Mark Hughes (Movie Critic for Forbes), says his Rotten Tomato account was hijacked and a review was posted on Justice League with that hacked account.

Mark Hughes

It was Ryan Reynolds and Stan Lee.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Joined The Club Steverogers11 private msg quote post Address this user
Hero interaction was great. Super villain thought could have been more BA. Overall better than I thought it would b
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector Themaxx35 private msg quote post Address this user
I just saw it with my 8 year old. I really liked it. If I were king there would be some things I would change but overall I thought it did exactly what it needed to do. It brought the team together and made me want to see each of these characters in their own movies and another team up.

As for the critics, I wish DC could stop worrying about them. It seems like they keep moving the goal posts. BvS was too long, too dark, and incoherent. Justice is a tight 2 hours, it’s so light it feels like and episode of Super Friends, and the story is about as basic as you can distill it down to. And, it stills get dumped on. So f?$k ‘em, just make the movies at this point. Just my 2 cents anyway.
Post 30 IP   flag post

Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user
I loved it so much!
Post 31 IP   flag post
I'm going to go out on a limb and say DC / WB should include in the next J L movie, a part of Trinity. Either start it with or have very early on, a scene where the camera shows an evening at the Kent farm. Shows the kitchen, Martha is making dinner with a guy there. Camera pulls back showing Alfred telling her to go out and enjoy her guests.

We then see Clark talking with Bruce and Diana and Lois. Alfred couldn't be happier with the small (?) changes in Bruce's personality and wants to treat all of them to something really special.
It would go along with DC's Rebirth feel. .... thoughts?
Post 32 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
Audience score is going to be double the critic score on this one

Never listen to the critics. The audience score is always more accurate. Looks to me like its worth watching 👌🏻

Post 33 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
It's okay. For me it was on par with the 2nd Avengers movie. I left feeling liked I'd killed 2 hours needlessly. There was nothing exciting to me. As a general rule, nothing Snyder is associated with interests me very much. Cyborg was a solid character. Wonder Woman was great as always. Affleck was okay. I don't care for the Frank Miller inspired Batman costume. Aquaman served a purpose, but he was boring. The special effects for the Flash were good, but I could've done without him being so stupid with every ounce of dialog. The villain was "bleh".
Post 34 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
so i'm reading a friends review of Justice League.

Quote:
Originally Posted by friend on facebook
It isn't difficult to figure out that Whedon chopped out probably an hour or more of Snyder's movie, then added about 30 minutes in. Every time you see Superman it's clear it was from the reshoots... because of the SUPER OBVIOUS CGI on his upper lip to hide the mustache they had to disguise because he was shooting MI6 when the reshoots were happening. I thought for sure they had it handled and it wouldn't be a big deal... but it is! Every time you see him it's like, "What the [bleep] is going on with his face?" I don't want to see this movie ever again but I might if they fix the lip stuff because of how distracting it is.

Post 35 IP   flag post
Collector antoniofett private msg quote post Address this user
I give it a B+, Supermans CGI mustache removal was very distracting to me. Overall I liked it!
Post 36 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
I thought it was a lot of fun. I enjoyed it and recommend the film. As Shrewbeer said....pay attention to the audience score not the critic score.
Post 37 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
The audience score is fanboys who have to see it opening weekend.
I pay attention to neither.
But the massive percentage disparity does say something.... what it is... I don't know. But to ignore statistically significant information is burying ones head
Post 38 IP   flag post
Collector Themaxx35 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
As a general rule, nothing Snyder is associated with interests me very much.

You should like this then 🙂. From what I hear anything Superman related that Snyder shot was redone by Joss Whedon. I’ll admit my bias, I am not a Whedon fan. His dialogue bugs me, which explains why most of Superman’s lines made me cringe a little. I liked the movie, but I preferred MOS. It looks like DC is moving as far from that as they can and embracing Whedonism. Kind of a bummer but I’ll just be glad there are DC characters on the big screen at this point.
Post 39 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themaxx35
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
As a general rule, nothing Snyder is associated with interests me very much.

You should like this then 🙂. From what I hear anything Superman related that Snyder shot was redone by Joss Whedon. I’ll admit my bias, I am not a Whedon fan. His dialogue bugs me, which explains why most of Superman’s lines made me cringe a little. I liked the movie, but I preferred MOS. It looks like DC is moving as far from that as they can and embracing Whedonism. Kind of a bummer but I’ll just be glad there are DC characters on the big screen at this point.

I'm not excited about it because there is too much Snyder $#^* in it. Not enough of Whedon's content is in there. I think he did help redeem it.

It dawned upon me after watching it that the background is artistic, but it doesn't add anything to or enhance the movie at all. I found myself only focused on the characters and everything around them is irrelevant. It's like comics where the artist can't draw backgrounds or they fill it with irrelevant art.
Post 40 IP   flag post
sigh. J L made $96 mil for the weekend. That's not only behind Thor, but also Wonder Woman. With a budget thought to be about 300 mil, that might be a problem unless it does better world wide, like 285 mil. for the weekend.
The PTB are going to be watching this cliffhanger very closely.
Post 41 IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user
Flawed, certainly, but still tons of fun. Those who are down on it are anti-fun.

I loved it so much!
Post 42 IP   flag post
Wow this movie is another DC bomb. I been saying it for years: Marvel is the King of movies, and DC is the queen of TV Shows.
Post 43 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
DC should stop worrying about making everything connect. Standalone movies are great too. Let's do that and stop trying to ride Marvel's coat tails.
Post 44 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLS_Comics
DC should stop worrying about making everything connect. Standalone movies are great too. Let's do that and stop trying to ride Marvel's coat tails.

Actually, the connected nature is why I go see them all. It's why I liked Marvel comics growing up. It's why I saw Suicide Squad. I like the connected feeling that everything matters just a little more.

Regardless, DC has already decided to go with stand-alone movies. After Marvel annoyed several directors, DC is probably hoping to attract all the people Marvel pissed off. I think I'm going to quit going to see the DC movies after this one. I'm not a fan of their characters.
Post 45 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
@X51 oh yeah I'm not saying that things shouldn't connect or that it isn't cool when they do because I love that. But it's just not working for DC at the moment. Taking a set back and really focusing on the movie at hand instead of worrying about setting up the next two would go a long way towards giving us a better film(s)
Post 46 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Foghorn_Sam private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
so i'm reading a friends review of Justice League.

Quote:
Originally Posted by friend on facebook
It isn't difficult to figure out that Whedon chopped out probably an hour or more of Snyder's movie, then added about 30 minutes in. Every time you see Superman it's clear it was from the reshoots... because of the SUPER OBVIOUS CGI on his upper lip to hide the mustache they had to disguise because he was shooting MI6 when the reshoots were happening. I thought for sure they had it handled and it wouldn't be a big deal... but it is! Every time you see him it's like, "What the [bleep] is going on with his face?" I don't want to see this movie ever again but I might if they fix the lip stuff because of how distracting it is.

Why didn't they just leave the mustache and add a beard. Would have looked better and been more plausible. With that you could argue that he wasn't completely dead but in some sort of kryptonian stasis that we earthlings didn't quite understand, where his beard continued to slowly grow. The energy from the mother box is all that he needed to be kick started back to life, similar to what we do when we shock someone during CPR.
Post 47 IP   flag post
Collector Oxbladder private msg quote post Address this user
I was not holding out much optimism for this movie but it was way better than I was expecting. Good and lots of action. Well, sprinkled humor as well. I was judging not based on WW but based on what DC movies came before it. There is still some Snyder stink on it but, in general, it was lighter (lighting- and humor-wise)and moving towards having some sense of direction instead of seeming like a movie that was cranked out to capitalize on the popularity of a character or a team. There are things they could have done better but they actually seem to be heading in a decent direction.

Ultimately, though, I was going to see a movie to be entertained and this movie did it. Even if I had paid to see it I would not have been disappointed.
Post 48 IP   flag post
Collector Logan510 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Wow this movie is another DC bomb. I been saying it for years: Marvel is the King of movies, and DC is the queen of TV Shows.

I wouldn't see this movie if you paid my way brah.
Post 49 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Foghorn_Sam private msg quote post Address this user
I think we humans could have defeated 'ol Stepphy by just dropping some nukes on his lair. Bye, bye all of his B.S..
Post 50 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by det_tobor
sigh. J L made $96 mil for the weekend.
As of Dec 4, & 3 wks, J L has made $197,407,025 as per MOJO. ALSO, per MOJO, Thor:R. did $291,633,535 by its 5th week. And by its 13th wk, IT has made $327,346,413.

World wide, we have: Spidy's Homecoming @ $880.2, Wo Wo @ $821.8, Thor:R. @ $816.6, IT @ $694.1 all followed by JL @ $569.2.
All this and B vs S made $873.3 in 2016.

Swallow your egos Marvel & DC. Do a movie version of Superman meets Spiderman and then see ticket sales.
Post 51 IP   flag post
Collector moodswing private msg quote post Address this user
Movie was better than Batman vs Superman but that isn't saying much. Pretty disappointing if you ask me.
Post 52 IP   flag post
Collector Artu private msg quote post Address this user
I saw Thor: Ragnarok and I must say that its way better then Justice League in my opinion.
If the third installment of Thor can out-perform the flagship team of DC you know there is a problem and hopefully Snyder is kept away from any DC movies going fwd.
Post 53 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
It wasn't a train wreck (reference suicide squad), but it was darn awful. They need to do a lot better than that and can (see WW). For a movie to be "fun", I have to get through it without saying "that was stupid" 20 times during the movie
Post 54 IP   flag post
as of Dec 18, 2017, JL, domestically has made $220,116,917.

My question: if there are millions of people who ENJOY the tv versions of the DC characters, like Flash & Supergirl, should DC try doing a movie version of those personalities? The actual actors need to do their series, but CSI Barry as Flash would make more sense than this non working (?) version. Aquaman seemed like he stepped out of a WWE storyline. As far as the Bat goes, if the costume is almost all black how is anyone going to see the Bat symbol on his chest? Why have it on there at all?
Post 55 IP   flag post
600894 56 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?