Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern Age

New Comic Releases Nov 15-Laugh it up!4791

Collector thelastbard private msg quote post Address this user
Here we are again... What's coming out this week that looks interesting?

Aftershock - I noticed Brilliant Trash from Tim Seeley and Priscilla Peraites. The Cover A is by Mike Norton, which I like better. Doesn't this character look like someone else? Can't recall who, but if anyone else can think of it...

Dark Horse:

Jenny Finn 1 - I missed this one in pre-orders... serial killers and a tentacled plague, written by Mike Mignola. Hmmmmm... Could be awesome!

Rasputin The Voice of The Dragon 1 - This, I do remember from pre-orders. Mike Mignola and Chris Roberson pull Rasputin out of the world of Hellboy (well, their interpretation of him). Exciting! Two cover options, one from Huddleston and the other from Mignola.

DC Comics:

Batman 35 - Another eventful issue - #800! Again, it's kind of a random issue (Dream of Me part 3), but the variant is available for those tracking them down.

Batman Who Laughs 1 - I'm sure people are buying this one in droves on Wednesday... The secret origin of The Batman Who Laughs!

Justice League 33 - This is the Bats out of Hell finale, the last connecting EVS Cover, but check out the second cover from Nick Bradshaw. WOW! Some sites have this listed as JG Jones. Interior art on this is from Tyler Kirkham, too, so the issue is HOT.

Marvel Comics:

Doctor Strange 381 - I'm definitely interested in picking up Doctor Strange with the new team of Donny Cates and Gabriel Hernandez Walta. Whether you want to get the Lenticular cover or not, who cares, but I'm wanting to know what's going on with the Loki: Sorcerer Supreme storyline. Cates coming over to Marvel could be a GREAT move. I'm very happy for him!

Peter Parker 297 - While this isn't changing up the creative team (right?), the "Most Wanted" storyline sounds like it could be a good one. Adam Kubert on the book is (Spectacular, pun intended), and well-written runs of SM always have a soft spot in my heart... Lenticular? No lenticular? Up to the individual...

Punisher 218 - Punisher, when well-written with amazing art, can be CRAZY good. I won't have any idea about this until I get feedback. But, my favorite runs of the book have had the odds stacked against him and were grounded. Sticking him in armor as War Machine? Yikes!

I know I'm missing a few things here... Secret Warriors, Not Brand Ecch, Ben Reilly, and things from other publishers, but what books are other people interested in, too?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user
In for Dr. Strange and Batman Who Laughs; I will get a bunch of other titles, too, I'm sure.
Post 2 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
That Dr Strange looks good. I picked up an issue off the rack last Wednesday for a tryout, if any good was going to add the title to my pull; didn't realize cates had moved
Post 3 IP   flag post
@shrewbeer Cates signed a Marvel exclusive... He's doing Strange and Thanos now.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Weapon x #11, to round out the search for weapon h arc. I Dino if it's good, just buying the arch for now.
Post 5 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelastbard
@shrewbeer Cates signed a Marvel exclusive... He's doing Strange and Thanos now.

Really cool guy, he signed for me at NYCC.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
Quote:

Really cool guy, he signed for me at NYCC.

I was going to get him to sign a couple of things for me at SDCC, but he was rarely at his booth (late addition), so I didn't manage to pin him down. I'm sure I'll have other opportunities.
Post 7 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
@thelastbard I got him at Aftershock and later realized that I forgot the two expensive variants I got in Baltimore. The next day I got him again at Image for the two missing books.

Ironically those two were the first to be submitted with CBCS last weekend.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
@thelastbard I got him at Aftershock and later realized that I forgot the two expensive variants I got in Baltimore. The next day I got him again at Image for the two missing books.

Ironically those two were the first to be submitted with CBCS last weekend.

Well, here's hoping he's "easy" the next con I run into him! I don't hit too many in Southern CA, but hoping to go to more in 2018.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

@thelastbard as a result is Cates abondoning his titles at Image & Aftershock?
Post 10 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hcanes
Quote:

@thelastbard as a result is Cates abondoning his titles at Image & Aftershock?

I doubt it! Usually, the exclusive deals have clauses for creator-owned titles. The main thing is to keep the talent from doing work at both DC and Marvel at the same time or jumping ship for X number of years.
Post 11 IP   flag post
@Hcanes In fact, with the recent Bendis discussions... Powers was at Image, creator-owned... It took a while for the book to move over to Marvel's Icon line (may have been created in-part for Bendis' creator-owned titles. Now, we'll need to see if Powers moves over to Vertigo (has a creator-owned component), stays at Icon, or does something else entirely.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Well, the signature gives it away after all... JG Jones it is for Justice League 33. I don't know why DC can't keep their credits straight for variants! I expect this one to get gobbled up. A lot of sites are showing Nick Bradshaw for this one, but if you look closely at the little sig... JG Jones. A few sites have it right. I just ordered two, plus the main, so I have a full connecting set. I LOVE this mashed up cover.

Anyone else picking this up?

If anyone is interested, G-Mart.com has two more copies for cover price on the Jones cover... 5 copies left at cover price for EVS. They also still have 6 copies at cover price list of Batman who laughs. If you sign up there (buy for the first time), let me know who you are (PM me), so I can let them know to take good care of you.

Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user
New books, yaaaay.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Got these books including some multiples

Post 15 IP   flag post
@drchaos Oh, I'm going to have to get one of those David Mack Girl Who Handcuffed Houdini Covers! Ordering one now... I wasn't 100% sure, but ended up ordering the regular cover of Brilliant Trash yesterday.
Post 16 IP   flag post
600874 16 16
This topic is archived. Start new topic?