Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern Age

New Comic Releases Nov 84756

Collector thelastbard private msg quote post Address this user
New comics hitting the stands for Nov 8 seem to be a bit DC heavy, at least on my front... What do you think?

DC Comics:
Action Comics #991 - Oz Effect part 5. Looks like this one is finally over, but leading right into Doomsday Clock. Another Lenticular here... In chains, out of chains.

Batman Lost #1 - If you ask Scott Snyder, he says this is Dark Nights part four, effectively, so that makes it a must read, right? Batman wandering the dark multiverse. Maybe this should have come out the week of Halloween, but I'm not complaining!

Detective Comics #968 - A Lonely Place of Living finale... Tim Drake and his interesting companion are finally getting away from the clutches of their captor... After this issue, the storyline will change gears again, but this was a nice run! There's a JLA Variant for this issue as well.

Hal Jordan And The Green Lantern Corps #32 - In the latest Dark Nights crossovers, Bats out of Hell, this is part three (the description I read has this as part two).... The EVS cover connects with the others, so don't miss those! There's also a JLA variant by Barry Kitson.

Wonder Woman #34 - This is the official 700th issue of WW... If you're enjoying the new creative team, keep on reading. Now, wouldn't it have made sense if they had waited until THIS issue to launch the new creative team? Just saying!!!

Heavy Metal:
1985 Black Hole Repo #1 - Did you guys read about this one? I hadn't, but JUST saw the description... Sounds pretty damned cool!!!! I might have to track it down.

Welcome to an alternate 1985 where the space race never slowed down... where the push away from Earth relies on duct tape, analog computers, and unstable solid rocket fuel... It's the worst. Max, Roach, Doc, and Bear are the dregs of the cosmos. Punks. Losers. Dropouts. They make cash repossessing the starships of deadbeats who don't make their payments. When they unknowingly jack a mysterious ship, they find themselves thrust into a conflict between the US and USSR. Targeted by American cyborg assassins, mad Soviet agents, Japanese video hackers, and every degenerate space punk bounty hunter between the Earth and Moon, their apolitical nihilistic morals are put to the test, making these losers into unlikely heroes.

Iron Maiden Legacy of the Beast #1 - Someone mentioned this a couple of weeks ago, so I'll mention it here... Looks like it should be hitting the stands! 3 cover options...

Image Comics:

Coyotes #1 - "Underworld meets Sicario." Doesn't that seem interesting? This could be a good one!

Marvel Comics - Lenticulars this week include Daredevil (Mayor Fisk storyline jumps off), Moon Night, She-Hulk, and Spider-Man Deadpool... I think the Moon Night one probably looks the best of the bunch, but I'm probably not getting any of them this week.

Other books... Well, if you're jumping on to the Legacy series, figure out if you're doing regular covers or lenticulars... Otherwise, the only thing really calling to me this week is a new creative team on Star Wars! Issue 38 is the debut of Kieron Gillen on writing duties and "The Ashes of Jedha" storyline. I'm excited to see what Kieron has to say! Lots of cover options, too...
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Lunarshade private msg quote post Address this user
Great lineup thanks for the info!
Post 2 IP   flag post
Looks like the cover image I posted for Wonder Woman 34 (main) is incorrect... Check this out. Looks like we get a little more info on Wonder Woman's brother, so maybe this is a bit more important than I thought!

I guess we'll see which issue actually shows up, ha ha... If anyone picks this up in person, could you let me know which is actually on the shelf?

Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user
@thelastbard partial to the 700 cover, but will probably pick up both and post a pic here.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Store this morning only had the WW700 cover. Will pick up the other one later.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
@dpiercy I grabbed master of Kung fu 126 as well. Wondering if it's any good...I believe it's just a one shot, even though it continued the legacy numbering....correct me if I'm wrong.
Post 6 IP   flag post
@Drogio One shot, yep!
Post 7 IP   flag post

Marvel Kung Fu stuff is generally pretty good.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpiercy

Marvel Kung Fu stuff is generally pretty good.

I'm hoping this "Jason" storyline is interesting... They've been teasing it long enough!
Post 9 IP   flag post
@thelastbard I like it.
Post 10 IP   flag post
598061 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?