Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Movies TelevisionMovies TelevisionPop Culture

Disney Possibly Buying Fox4754

Collector thelastbard private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabaLament
RIP Dark Horse Comics Aliens series. It was great while it lasted.

So, who at Marvel do you want to see doing the Aliens covers? I'm already looking forward to the Clayton Crain & Skottie Young variants.

YES! Both of those would be awesome!
Post 51 IP   flag post
Collector Logan510 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
RIP Dark Horse Comics Aliens series. It was great while it lasted.

So, who at Marvel do you want to see doing the Aliens covers? I'm already looking forward to the Clayton Crain & Skottie Young variants.

Is it a guarantee that Marvel will produce Alien comics? Star Wars was a no brainer, but I'm not so sure about Alien.
Post 52 IP   flag post
Collector BabaLament private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan510
Is it a guarantee that Marvel will produce Alien comics? Star Wars was a no brainer, but I'm not so sure about Alien.

I'm assuming Disney is going to monetize as many of the 20th Century assets as they can to recoup the $70B investment in as short a time period as possible.

Fandom aside, the Alien/Aliens universe is just too good an intellectual property to *not* mine for all its worth. Comics, with the success of Punisher perhaps a Colonial Marines based streaming TV show, maybe even a decent video game!

Ok, that last one may be a bit too much to hope for...
Post 53 IP   flag post
Collector Khumbu private msg quote post Address this user
Did Disney get the rights to Firefly?
Post 54 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khumbu

Disney got it all man. A list of the Intellectual Property:

Television: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_20th_Century_Fox_television_programs

Film: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_20th_Century_Fox_films_(1935%E2%80%9399)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_20th_Century_Fox_films_(2000%E2%80%93present)

The amount of content, as well as the potential for re-issues & reboots, is massive.
Post 55 IP   flag post

Collector thelastbard private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khumbu

Disney got it all man. A list of the Intellectual Property:

Television: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_20th_Century_Fox_television_programs

Film: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_20th_Century_Fox_films_(1935%E2%80%9399)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_20th_Century_Fox_films_(2000%E2%80%93present)

The amount of content, as well as the potential for re-issues & reboots, is massive.

So... some other things getting screwed up in the comic world... Dynamite and BOOM!

This was just going through the TV Shows... I didn't want to take the time on movies, ha ha... Did I miss any?

The Green Hornet - Dynamite
Planet of the Apes - BOOM!
X-Files - IDW <-- Though they seem to have a good relationship, we'll see.
Buffy / Angel - Dark Horse
24 - IDW
Firefly - Dark Horse
Post 56 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user

Post 57 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Jackman did say he would've considered playing Wolverine a few more times just to fight the Hulk. Maybe Disney could tempt him with it now
Post 58 IP   flag post
Collector Despain private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
Jackman did say he would've considered playing Wolverine a few more times just to fight the Hulk. Maybe Disney could tempt him with it now

I really hope that doesn't happen. Let Jackman's interpretation stand by itself. I hope Disney recasts the part of Logan, hopefully getting someone who closer fits the comic book version. I would like to see Milo Gibson get the call. At least screen test him to see if he would be a good Wolverine.
Post 59 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
I think someone just interview Jackman and he said "I think that ship has sailed" when asked if he would play Wolverine one more time but he DID say he'd like to see Wolverine in the MCU
Post 60 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelastbard
This was just going through the TV Shows... I didn't want to take the time on movies, ha ha... Did I miss any?

Yes, and its a big one.

1966 Batman TV series rights are now owned by Disney. So *drumroll*...

Batman '66 -> Marvel.
Post 61 IP   flag post
Collector Scorpion private msg quote post Address this user
well its a done deal. for $52.4 billion
clickable text
Post 62 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLS_Comics
I think someone just interview Jackman and he said "I think that ship has sailed" when asked if he would play Wolverine one more time but he DID say he'd like to see Wolverine in the MCU

"Old Man" Logan?
Post 63 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion
well its a done deal. for $52.4 billion
clickable text

How much is that in Crypto Kitties?

Collect and breed digital cats

Post 64 IP   flag post
Collector VillageIdiot private msg quote post Address this user
Disney should Be a $500 a share stock! It’s price is absurd, always has been 😡
Post 65 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
@VillageIdiot I own Disney and all of the cord cutting isn't helping their ESPN profits.
Post 66 IP   flag post
Collector VillageIdiot private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
@VillageIdiot I own Disney and all of the cord cutting isn't helping their ESPN profits.

I have owned Disney shares for 3 years now, 1000 to be exact. Regardless of that excrement stain ESPN, this stock should be a titan in price per share, given profits every year and the cash they bank. It’s truly baffling 🤔
Post 67 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by VillageIdiot
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos

I have owned Disney shares for 3 years now, 1000 to be exact. Regardless of that excrement stain ESPN, this stock should be a titan in price per share, given profits every year and the cash they bank. It’s truly baffling 🤔

The real gold mine was owning Marvel before Disney bought it. That stock used to be the gift that kept on giving.
Post 68 IP   flag post
Collector Scorpion private msg quote post Address this user
MARVEL AND STAR WARS
Yes, Disney’s acquisition would give the company full ownership of the Marvel characters under Fox’s banner — Deadpool, the Fantastic Four and the X-Men. The companies have shared the screen rights for two additional Marvel characters: Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch, whose comic book origins lie in both the Avengers and X-Men series.

This means that, say, the X-Men could join the Marvel Cinematic Universe. And once the current phase of those films concludes with the 2019 follow-up to Avengers: Infinity War, the company would be able to bring in new villains like Doctor Doom and Galactus.

Shifting to a different universe of genre film, the deal would give Disney the one piece of the Star Wars puzzle that it didn’t acquire when it bought Lucasfilm. Fox’s original arrangement with George Lucas included the exclusive distribution rights to the first Star Wars film (which was later renamed Star Wars: Episode IV — A New Hope) in perpetuity.

With the rights secured, there’s a chance that Disney could put together a modern home video release of A New Hope — the original theatrical cut from 1977, not the special editions with Lucas’ much-maligned alterations, which is currently the only option. Purists can download the unofficial “Despecialized Edition” of the original Star Wars trilogy, but a fan edit, amazing as it might be, just isn’t the same as being able to walk into a store and buy a Blu-ray copy.
clickable text
Post 69 IP   flag post
600914 69 19
This topic is archived. Start new topic?