Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector Rafel private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedOne1944
I incorporated these Acid Free Comic Drawer boxes into a custom wall design.

http://www.collectiondrawer.com/

That is such an awesome comic book shelf you've built!!
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector Mickee92 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshade
@Mickee92

I'm not sure if you're ragging us or not here mate.

Just google "how to store comic books" or some such phrase and you will find shedloads of advice.

Nope I know how google works just I thought storing them in those "short/long boxes" were ok for just bulk not so valuable comics as when you see people at conventions their digging their fingers in bending them back and it just doesn't look ideal.

Just thought there would have been a better way of storing comics when their fairly pricey.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafel
Quote:

That is such an awesome comic book shelf you've built!!

Second that!! Bloody brilliant that!
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickee92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshade
@Mickee92

I'm not sure if you're ragging us or not here mate.

Just google "how to store comic books" or some such phrase and you will find shedloads of advice.

Nope I know how google works just I thought storing them in those "short/long boxes" were ok for just bulk not so valuable comics as when you see people at conventions their digging their fingers in bending them back and it just doesn't look ideal.

Just thought there would have been a better way of storing comics when their fairly pricey.

There are, but prices escalate quickly because the materials are more expensive and the demand is much lower.
Here's an example:
https://www.etsy.com/listing/400960861/comic-book-storage-and-display-box-with
Post 29 IP   flag post
A cabinet like this runs roughly $2K - $3K and they aren't aesthetically anything I'd want.

http://www.handsomeboydesigns.com/ct3000/
This "must be properly anchored to the wall per installation instructions", so there are other complications besides just buying it.
Post 30 IP   flag post

Aestheically, I like these better, but they are $2.4K - $4.2K.

http://www.stanpikedesigns.com/dsu.htm
Post 31 IP   flag post
Collector antoniofett private msg quote post Address this user
Skip to 30:30 https://youtu.be/R1cxAP2v8T8

This is me and part of my set up. I was lucky and the place I work at were throwing these out and let me keep some
Post 32 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
@X51 So for the amount of comics I have I would be looking at $15K plus a move to a bigger place.
Post 33 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

I could look at your setup all day, brah

Love it
Post 34 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
@X51 So for the amount of comics I have I would be looking at $15K plus a move to a bigger place.

I think it could cost me even more than that.
This is why people stick to the white boxes and then opt to make furniture out of comic boxes.

This guy is relying on wood glue to keep his comics from hitting the floor. Also... no handles.
Post 35 IP   flag post
-Our Odin-
Rest in Peace
Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Has anyone ever used Comic Cubes? I'd love to have some, but the prices are a bit much for my collection.

Comic Cube website
Post 36 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
@X51 If you are looking to store CGC / CBCS short boxes for slabbed books the best value is probably the metal shelving they sell at Target / Lowes / Home Depot / etc. You can get shelves 18" deep (two sets could give you 36" for a long box, 3-4 feet wide and anywhere from 3-7 feet high. I have two shelves on one wall holding close to 1,000 slabs in these short boxes.
Post 37 IP   flag post
As much as I'd love a whole wall shelved out to cater for comics I think that would be for a day I acquire 1000s!!

I think the short boxs or something made out of plastic will do for now.

What are the bags that are thicker?? All my comics are bagged and boarded and some came with a thicker type sleeve which I wouldn't really call a bag?

Is it ok to have them bagged and boarded and then each in a thicker sleeve and then in a short box... that way I can lable the top of the sleeve of what the comic is?
Post 38 IP   flag post
@Mickee92 Are you talking about top loaders? mylars?
Post 39 IP   flag post
Quote:
@X51 If you are looking to store CGC / CBCS short boxes for slabbed books the best value is probably the metal shelving they sell at Target / Lowes / Home Depot / etc. You can get shelves 18" deep (two sets could give you 36" for a long box, 3-4 feet wide and anywhere from 3-7 feet high. I have two shelves on one wall holding close to 1,000 slabs in these short boxes.

Yep! I know a distributor that would sell me the heavy duty ones.

I would prefer a furniture style approach if I could justify the cost. I like comic books, but I've never wanted the house to look like a comic shop's storage room.
Post 40 IP   flag post
@X51 With the shelving my place looks slightly less like a comic shop's storage room. I am going to be starting some much needed sales threads here in the new year.
Post 41 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
Quote:

I think it could cost me even more than that.
This is why people stick to the white boxes and then opt to make furniture out of comic boxes.

This guy is relying on wood glue to keep his comics from hitting the floor. Also... no handles.

That transformers #1 is getting abused...
Post 42 IP   flag post
Quote:
I goto OFFICE DEPOT. They have black plastic storage boxes that will hold (sideways) 25-30 CBCS slabs. They stack pretty well too. Cost on sale was about $4-6 a box. I bought 20. I don't like cardboard. Cardboard, bends, tears, absorbs water and silver fish. Plastic doesn't. Also, if you get OFFICE DEPOTS rewards card you get a little back.

@Rafel I'm in the market for some decent holders for my slabs. Can you provide a picture or post the link to this box from the office depot website?
Post 43 IP   flag post
Quote:
@Mickee92 Are you talking about top loaders? mylars?

Possibly?

This sleeve is thicker and thick enough to tear through the cover!!...

Post 44 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
Quote:
I goto OFFICE DEPOT. They have black plastic storage boxes that will hold (sideways) 25-30 CBCS slabs. They stack pretty well too. Cost on sale was about $4-6 a box. I bought 20. I don't like cardboard. Cardboard, bends, tears, absorbs water and silver fish. Plastic doesn't. Also, if you get OFFICE DEPOTS rewards card you get a little back.

@Rafel I'm in the market for some decent holders for my slabs. Can you provide a picture or post the link to this box from the office depot website?

Hi Drogio, The boxes are 10.8"x14.2"x18". ITEM # 581-646, SKU number: 7 3585401076 8. They come in a box of 4. I'm using them till I can build a bookcase to how them all. I've tried posting a picture but it didn't work. Normally they're $14.99 but I got mine on sale. Good luck.
Post 45 IP   flag post
On sale for $8 right now.
Post 46 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
On sale for $8 right now.

Ask the checker if they still have the $10 off coupon if you spend $50 or more that you can use. Do it a couple times and you can $20-30 bucks.
Post 47 IP   flag post
607083 47 22
This topic is archived. Start new topic?