Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgeQuestions

IMO Probably the worst investment4708

Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
Wow, Someone currently bid $11.5k on this. 3 days left. In my opinion not only is this book's price in a huge bubble but it is also not rare! Even the seller admits there 10 more at mint on the census. *facepalm*

ebay link

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector NoahSult private msg quote post Address this user
If you have that kind of money to spend, well might as well spend it as crazy as you can
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Thanatos private msg quote post Address this user
Bruh, I know I'm not a real collector but that doesn't mean you should poo on my elaborate bids
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Thanatos private msg quote post Address this user
On the realsies, it's probably Ryan Reynolds.
Post 4 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
at least shipping is free
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector KCBatmanFan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLS_Comics
at least shipping is free

And don't forget the $100 in eBay bucks!
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Deadpoolica private msg quote post Address this user
People will always pay crazy prices for a 9.9 or 10.0 key issue no matter how big the print run is
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector jrs private msg quote post Address this user
Anyone else think this will not actually sell for that?
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Deadpoolica private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs
Anyone else think this will not actually sell for that?

Last 9.9 sold for $11,049 in September so, I'm sure it will
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector jrs private msg quote post Address this user
Wow!!!!
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector thelastbard private msg quote post Address this user
THANK YOU!!! I've been in a few "discussions" with people recently about the artificial inflation of books associated with pop culture phenomenons... even with younger comic shop owners (ones who have owned for less than ten years, but say, "I've been around a long time" ) . They are convinced that books like this and Walking Dead #1 will retain their value in 5, 10, 20, and on... No, they won't... Will they climb, yes, but not until after the artificial inflation adjusts itself back down to REASONABLE levels. We need to look back down to the growth charts from before the hype, adjust a little bit up for the copies scattered to the winds, and start back on the climb. This one wasn't rare...

The WD #1 discussion centered around the rarity of the issue 1... Sure... But if the WD show was cancelled today and pop culture interest waned, would people pay $10k for issue 1 in a year?

Same goes for NM 98... If Deadpool 2 tanks, or if they do a Deadpool 3 and THAT is a dud, will the hype continue? No... The market is too fickle for that kind of chaotic inflation.
Post 11 IP   flag post
@thelastbard agree, will be sad for whoever owns this book when it tanks in value. $11.5k spent on a mid to high grade silver key is way better investment.
Post 12 IP   flag post
@KingNampa I would much rather buy any number of copies of Silver Age Marvels by Stan, Ditko, and Kirby, and maybe dabble in a few DC's.... That's a hell of a lot of Silver seed money. DAAAAMMMNNN!!!!
Post 13 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Glad I sold mine after Stan smeared his signature
Post 14 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
We are all laughing now but watch it sell for $18,000 in a couple years when they announce a third movie.
Post 15 IP   flag post
@drchaos buy it bro. You are getting it for cheap then. Lol
Post 16 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingNampa
@drchaos buy it bro. You are getting it for cheap then. Lol

I ain't that customer but stranger things have happened.
Post 17 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector NoahSult private msg quote post Address this user
I really don’t understand why people are hating on the guy. I understand you think the bubble will burst but him spending that on it also establishes a market for that high of a grade for the book. Like I said before if you got the money, why not?!
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
People need to understand that it's the legendary Liefeld art that makes it worth so much.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
People need to understand that it's the legendary Liefeld art that makes it worth so much.
lol
Post 21 IP   flag post
Collector IntoAnother private msg quote post Address this user
Just curious, why is it being assumed that it is being purchased as an investment?
Post 22 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahSult
I really don’t understand why people are hating on the guy. I understand you think the bubble will burst but him spending that on it also establishes a market for that high of a grade for the book. Like I said before if you got the money, why not?!

I just feel bad for the people... The people who get caught WHEN it bursts. The last person able to sell for the highest amount makes off like a bandit (or the smallest margin, because the bought right before the burst). The first person when it goes "pop" says "OH S#$%!!!" as everyone tries to sell off. Or, people hold on, thinking it will go up again, because, hey, it's Deadpool, right? This guy is classic!!!!

I'm not making a dig at Liefeld in regards to Deadpool or Cable speculators. I have both books, just haven't gotten around to grading them, and, per other threads, I won't pay the upcharge to get those two books signed. When the market stabilizes, I may consider it, but it's part of a complete run, so I likely wouldn't sell anyway.

@IntoAnother , why would someone buy a 9.9 as anything other than an investment? Plan to sit on it forever as the world's biggest Deadpool fan? Someone mentioned Ryan Reynolds... Sure, it could be him buying it for himself to put on his wall or crack and get signed by Rob, Stan, whoever... Could be that. Never know. Piece of history. But... assuming investment, short or long term. Wait... is it you?
Post 23 IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user
I think the exorbitant amounts paid for 9.9s and 10.0s is a little silly. If a 9.9 or 10 were to be cracked and submitted for grading again, what are the chances it would receive the same grade? It's the costliest example of buying the label and not the book.
Post 24 IP   flag post
When you’re rich why care?
Post 25 IP   flag post
Quote:
Deadpool has feet in this cover which is rare for Liefeld art.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector 1243782365 private msg quote post Address this user
Only 1... OF 11 LOL LOL LOL
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector IntoAnother private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelastbard
Quote:

I just feel bad for the people... The people who get caught WHEN it bursts. The last person able to sell for the highest amount makes off like a bandit (or the smallest margin, because the bought right before the burst). The first person when it goes "pop" says "OH S#$%!!!" as everyone tries to sell off. Or, people hold on, thinking it will go up again, because, hey, it's Deadpool, right? This guy is classic!!!!

I'm not making a dig at Liefeld in regards to Deadpool or Cable speculators. I have both books, just haven't gotten around to grading them, and, per other threads, I won't pay the upcharge to get those two books signed. When the market stabilizes, I may consider it, but it's part of a complete run, so I likely wouldn't sell anyway.

@IntoAnother , why would someone buy a 9.9 as anything other than an investment? Plan to sit on it forever as the world's biggest Deadpool fan? Someone mentioned Ryan Reynolds... Sure, it could be him buying it for himself to put on his wall or crack and get signed by Rob, Stan, whoever... Could be that. Never know. Piece of history. But... assuming investment, short or long term. Wait... is it you?

Haaa! It’s certainly not me bidding on it.

Why wouldn’t someone buy it just to own? I buy plenty of comics that are graded that are not viewed as investments. Certainly others do as well.

If it’s an assumption that it’s an investment because of the price I don’t put much behind that. Someone spending over $10,000 on a book may be the financial equivalent to me buying a $2.99 comic off the rack.

Some people just have lots of money to spend as they see fit. It certainly doesn’t mean they have to be buying it as an investment.
Post 28 IP   flag post
@IntoAnother You got me there... One person's $10 is another person's $10k. I'll concede that one! I have high grade books that ARE for me, encapsulated to protect them. In most cases, I like to have other copies, because I like to read my comics. But, in my head, too, in most cases I still think $$$. There are a few books, though, that I want high grade copies of, even signed, that are relatively worthless. Investment? Hell no.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
The Real Morty book would be my nomination. With everything that has come to light that book makes my head hurt.
Post 30 IP   flag post
598060 59 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?