Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Signature ASPComics Bronze AgeComics Copper AgeComics Golden Age

Beckett / BGS4657

I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs
Purchasing books with names on them -- from the signature series or the like -- is not the same thing as purchasing a book with some unknown knucklehead's name on it, courtesy of customization. Just sayin.

This is correct. There is an obvious Market for Autographed books(I don't like them either).

I don't want a slabbed book with anybody's personalized label on it.

That includes any of these "Pedigree" Books. What a crock of crap that is. I don't care who's collection it comes from. That doesn't make it any nicer than any other book of the same grade.
Post 276 IP   flag post
Collector Logan510 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedOne1944
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs
Purchasing books with names on them -- from the signature series or the like -- is not the same thing as purchasing a book with some unknown knucklehead's name on it, courtesy of customization. Just sayin.

This is correct. There is an obvious Market for Autographed books(I don't like them either).

I don't want a slabbed book with anybody's personalized label on it.

That includes any of these "Pedigree" Books. What a crock of crap that is. I don't care who's collection it comes from. That doesn't make it any nicer than any other book of the same grade.

Yeah, those Church copies are such a sham...
Post 277 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
oh wow brah u guys are still talking about this?

I know, right? It's almost like talking incessantly about Rick and Morty. Oh, wait...
Post 278 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
That was the joke, Jerry!
Post 279 IP   flag post
Collector RyanHicks private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingNampa
Just in my opinion, but I could care less about a registry. I don't look at the CGC registry I don't collect for it. So really could care less if CBCS makes one. Am I the only one who doesn't care at all about registries?

The registry is actually the feature I want most from CBCS; like @conditionfreak, i am pretty competitive when it comes to my collection. I do not participate in the CGC registry because i know i just don't have enough CGC books to compete with any of those guys. But I have close to 1k CBCS slabs so I am very much looking forward to seeing how my PC stacks up against other heavy submitters.

I am also very excited about CBCS having a census, but that is more so because i feel it is necessary for people to at least have somewhat of a gauge of what is out there. I have definitely used the CGC census to influence my decision on submitting certain 80's & 90's books...I know those books don't hold heavy value but if they are rarely graded, it at least gives the high grade copies some sort of selling advantage
Post 280 IP   flag post

Collector Deadpoolica private msg quote post Address this user
@RyanHicks 1,000 cbcs slabs...that's pretty hefty dude ๐Ÿ†๐Ÿป
Post 281 IP   flag post
Collector RyanHicks private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadpoolica

Yea, i have re-focused my collection from having thousands of raw books in runs in various conditions to only really holding on to the key, slab-worthy stuff. Plus, the slabs display a little easier/better versus having just a ton of longboxes in a closet. I absolutely love it and I'm sure CBCS does too lol...my wife, doesn't so much haha.
Post 282 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Quote:

I know, right? It's almost like talking incessantly about Rick and Morty. Oh, wait...

I know, right? It's almost like talking incessantly about Lucifer and using Tom Ellis as an...Oh wait..
Post 283 IP   flag post
Collector Deadpoolica private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanHicks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadpoolica

Yea, i have re-focused my collection from having thousands of raw books in runs in various conditions to only really holding on to the key, slab-worthy stuff. Plus, the slabs display a little easier/better versus having just a ton of longboxes in a closet. I absolutely love it and I'm sure CBCS does too lol...my wife, doesn't so much haha.

Lmao I bet she doesn't...I've finally gotten myself to focus on what I really want & stop buyin so much fluff...much more satisfying
Post 284 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
If anyone would like to hang out and listen to Mr. Steve Borock talk about CBCS, the latest news, and anything comic books, we will be live in about 20 minutes. Of course, if you can't catch it live it'll be up right afterwards to play at your convenience:

Post 285 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
Would love to watch it. But alas, my internet company won't allow it. The dreaded "fair use" doctrine.
Post 286 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towmater
Quote:
Quote:

I know, right? It's almost like talking incessantly about Lucifer and using Tom Ellis as an...Oh wait..

Post 287 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

That's a typical response one would expect from you.
Post 288 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
@RyanHicks I knew you had a bit - but didnโ€™t realized that much. No wonder my WW sketch is still on its way
Post 289 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@CopperAgeKids Is there a reason why you changed your avatar to picture of the widow of Sgt. La David Johnson on his coffin? Did you know him, his wife, or a family member? As some of us have had friends, family, and loved ones who died in the service of our nation, I would like to express my appreciation for how you have chosen to honor a fallen member of the Armed Forces of the United States of America. It is only by remembering those that served before us that we grow stronger.

I didn't know Sgt. Johnson, or any of his friends or family.

It is an iconic image.

What it represents to me, says a lot about the cost of what U.S.'s current foreign policy, means to the common U.S. soldier and common U.S. citizen.

Both of my grandfather's served in WW 2 and Korea.If I were alive in those times, I would have enlisted.

I do not support our current administration and the for profit wars, which have been waging onward for decades.

The country thst Johnson died in is where about 40% of the world's uranium is mined, that is why Johnson his life.

President Eisenhower warned the U.S. public about the potential threat of the U.S. military-industrial complex, in 1961.

That picture is a sad reminder that we have not heeded Eisenhower's warning.
Post 290 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CopperAgeKids
Quote:
@CopperAgeKids Is there a reason why you changed your avatar to picture of the widow of Sgt. La David Johnson on his coffin? Did you know him, his wife, or a family member? As some of us have had friends, family, and loved ones who died in the service of our nation, I would like to express my appreciation for how you have chosen to honor a fallen member of the Armed Forces of the United States of America. It is only by remembering those that served before us that we grow stronger.

It is an iconic image.

What it represents to me, says a lot about the cost of what U.S.'s current foreign policy, means to the common U.S. soldier and common U.S. citizen.

Both of my grandfather's served in WW 2 and Korea.If I were alive in those times, I would have enlisted.

I do not support our current administration and the for profit wars, which have been waging onward for decades.

The country thst Johnson died in is where about 40% of the world's uranium is mined, that is why Johnson his life.

President Eisenhower warned the U.S. public about the potential threat of the U.S. military-industrial complex, in 1961.

Per the "Please be respectful of others" rule, I can only reply by writing that everyone has an opinion.
Post 291 IP   flag post
You do know that there were three other soldiers that died same time, same place. Yet you chose to favor the one whose family and Congresswoman has denigrated our current President.

Interesting.

Go ahead, Without looking it up, name one of the other three who died that day in Niger.

That's what I thought.

Marines died by the boat and chopper load recently. But you chose this guy because of your hatred for our President.

Hey, I get it. That is why I ate yellow cake today, in honor of Hillary's birthday. (Uranium joke, in case you didn't get it). LOL
Post 292 IP   flag post
Where is the popcorn emoji when you need it. Hopefully the eventual revamp of the boards supplies these necessities.
Post 293 IP   flag post
@Logan510 on mine I just type โ€œpopcornโ€ and then it appears ๐Ÿฟ . Need ๐Ÿบ as well. This is one of the advantages of using an ipad
Post 294 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CopperAgeKids
Quote:

It is an iconic image.

Per the "Please be respectful of others" rule, I can only reply by writing that everyone has an opinion.

I appreciate that.

More so to the point, I appreciate the underlying sentiment that particular forum rule is based on.

Polite discussion, and civil discourse, are the foundations of our country.

And yes, I love the ideals that America represents, as a patriot.
Post 295 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
How did we get here?
Post 296 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by conditionfreak
You do know that there were three other soldiers that died same time, same place. Yet you chose to favor the one whose family and Congresswoman has denigrated our current President.

Interesting.

Go ahead, Without looking it up, name one of the other three who died that day in Niger.

That's what I thought.

Marines died by the boat and chopper load recently. But you chose this guy because of your hatred for our President.

Hey, I get it. That is why I ate yellow cake today, in honor of Hillary's birthday. (Uranium joke, in case you didn't get it). LOL

Our own President could not refer to Sgt. Johnson by name, without looking at a piece of paper.

I am aware of the number of American servicemen and service women have died by the boatload.Not just recently, either.

That was a huge part of my point.

Our own President is not an American patriot.

Our own Presudent had a sum total of FIVE deferments, from serving in the Vietnam War via 4 for education and the last for "bone spurs", in one if his feet....when asked on the campaign trail Trump fumbled and did not say which foot it was.

Trumps father bought his son's way out of the war.

Servicemen like Johnson came from a poor community, and he rose to the rank of Sgt.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/08/02/us/politics/donald-trump-draft-record.html

Our own President, has belittled and blatantly disrespected, a true American hero, in John McCain.

"I prefer those who were not csptured." -
Trump on McCain......and even when McCain announced he is terminally ill, Trump continued to demean McCain.

A handful of the GOP who are not seeking reelection, such as Jeff Flake, Corker and McCain, who are therebt freed from their donors' influence, are no longer supporting Trump.They are not denouncing him by name, but their speeches are crystal clear.Our country is on the literal brink of war with North Korea, our President cannot control his Twitter feed.

I am an American patriot, I want to avoid the deaths of thousands of US Soldiers...let alone the hundreds of thousands of needless civilian deaths that would occur if Kim Jung Hun is retaliated, after the u.s. makes a preemptive strike.... , that this madman, our very own President, is edging us increasingly towards.

FYI, General Maddus is the lone voice in Trumps cabinet who opposes a preemptive strike against North Korea.

Think about that.

McCain this past week on Trump:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2017/10/23/politics/john-mccain-trump/index.html

Flake, just 2 days ago, pleading for other conservatives to take a public stand.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2017/10/24/politics/jeff-flake-trump-retiring/index.html

I am not laughing, no Hillary cake is being eaten by myself.She was never my first pick.

Please not profess to know what I believe, think or whom I hate.

I hate no one.

Kindly, pmease do not insinuate that I am not a patriot of our country.

Dissent of government is patriotic in itself.

I love this country, and it's ideals.

I believe you both likely do, as well.

Respectfully, I am bowing out of this conversation here.

Good night, to you both.
Post 297 IP   flag post
IBTL or letโ€™s go back to the of the original these of this thread if anymore to say.

Well - it is Friday so will create another thread.
Post 298 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Mainstream media fearmongering at its best. Creating new social justice warriors, racial divide, and "patriotic" divide every day. The topic makes me sick.
Post 299 IP   flag post
Maybe when they revamp the forums they can ban political and religious discussion.

Those arguments never end well.

Post 300 IP   flag post
I love snowflakes. But not until it is actually winter.
Post 301 IP   flag post
Yes, you wouldn't want to get banned from yet another grading forum.

Understood.
Post 302 IP   flag post
Some people don't bow down to or bend over for anyone. Some do.

Just sayin'
Post 303 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by conditionfreak
Some people don't bow down to or bend over for anyone. Some do.

Just sayin'

Yeah, that's what got you banned lol
Post 304 IP   flag post
And yet, here I am with you again. The world did not end.
Post 305 IP   flag post
601333 327 30
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.