Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgePop Culture

New Comic Releases-Oct25-EternallyMerciless4655

Collector thelastbard private msg quote post Address this user
Well... At first glance, it didn't look like it was going to be a HUGE week, but maybe I'm wrong... Let's get digging!

ARCHIE - If you have enjoyed any of the horror-themed Archie releases, be sure to pick up Jughead The Hunger #1 this week. Looks like there are three cover options, but here's Cover A from Francisco Francavilla. These have been incredibly popular and no wonder! Jughead as a werewolf and these pretty much throw the rules out the window. Cool!

BOOM! - Nothing new that I see, but a lot of series continuing on... issue 2's, 4's, 9's, etc, so if you're reading anything, pay attention.

DC Comics

Action Comics 990 - Oz Effect part four! Another DC Lenticular here... I haven't seen the two image version of it, but I'm sure it will be a good one, since the others have been. What will be revealed this issue? Who knows, but I'm sure it will be another twist.

Batman The Merciless - Another Dark Nights: Metal one shot... If the others have been any indication, this Batman / Wonder Woman twisted vision will be a doozy. I'm guessing it's a DO NOT MISS one! The creative team, Tomasi. Manpul, Fabok, is a stellar one. FYI, this isn't the full cover version (obviously)... I couldn't find a good color version, so this is the best I could find.

Detective Comics 967 - Another chapter with Red Robin out of time with a "different" Batman at his side. I've been following the last couple of issues on this one. Damned good! Check out the two cover options. I think I'm going to go for the Albuquerque.

Flash 33 - Bats out of Hell Part 1 - First of the second set of Dark Nights crossovers. I'm happy there haven't been a HUGE set of cross-overs for the books, allowing people to actually get into things well. Unless this is a gatefold cover, it looks like the EVS is part of a connecting cover set, which will cross-over the next four weeks. Keep that in mind when choosing between the EVS and Porter covers this week.

Gotham City Garage #2 - If you picked up the first issue, here's another one to check out! I don't know about the longevity of the book or anything, but the concept does seem really interesting, seriously.

Justice League of America 17 - If you're following it, Panic in the Microverse concludes this week... I haven't been keeping track of this one, but I was curious. Good? Bad? The Microverse storylines are always a trip!

Wonder Woman 33 - Here's the new creative team! If you've been wondering what was going on with the baby Darkseid, this may be where some of that is happening. TIMES PAST part one starts here with James Robinson (yes please!!!) and Carlo Pagulayan. Fingers crossed for something EPIC!!! A couple of cover options here. I don't know the frequency of the regular Hitch vs Frison covers, though...

IDW - X-Files JFK Disclosure 1 - The X-Files conspiracy episodes were some of my favorites when it was on the air years ago... If this can tap into some of that love, it could be a winner! This is just a two-issue mini, so minimum commitment. Two cover options. IDW has done well with the property, so if you're a fan, check it out!

Image - A lot of books here, mostly continuing the books we're already reading. What's new... Hack Slash Resurrection with Tim Seeley working with Tini Howard. If you were into the series before, this will definitely breathe new life into it! There are also more Walking Dead tribute covers this week... One people may look for is Spawn 279, since McFarlane drew that one up based on WD 115. Go Todd! Hopefully, the issue number was corrected for the final version.

Marvel Comics - For the ol' Lenticular hunt this week... America #8, Black Panther #166, Captain Marvel #125, Jean Grey #8, and US Avengers #11 are the ones to find... Now, which ones will be good? If you looked at the images I posted in other threads, any of them have the potential to be so... For me, it comes down to the original cover and how well they transition between the two! Black Panther I think is a good bet, because it jumps between an ICONIC McFarlane cover, Wolverine vs Hulk... Captain Marvel, I'm not positive how it will look, but the secondary image is Hulk 1. That makes me want it right there! But... The overlap between the two doesn't appear to be spot on based on the gif versions I've seen online (link below from the Marvel site) Even though I haven't been reading America, it's a classic Romita Spider-Man cover as the secondary cover. Also, a pretty good transition from the gif. Jean Grey has a great transition and ties directly to the story in the book. Clever, I think. (shrugs) US Avengers is a trippy cosmic cover tied back to the Search for Reed Richards, a classic Byrne cover from one of THE best runs in comics EVERRRRRR... But... I just don't know. Can we buy all of them? Sure... Will I? No...

Go to this link to check all of them out. It's better to see the gif versions to judge. I'll post pictures of the ones I get.

http://marvel.com/legacy

Everything else is continuing existing non-Legacy OR the first issues following the Legacy re-launches, like All-New Wolverine and ASM... If you're digging things, keep on reading.

Valiant - I have been WAY behind here, but something that caught my eye is Eternity #1. I love Matt Kindt's writing. Have for years. Combine his writing with Hairsine's artwork? Yes! Can't wait to see what this is all about. It may spring out of something, but I can't tell from the description. He's a master. Give him a chance. Lots of cover options, but I'm just listing one...

Post 1 IP   flag post
Oh.... If you're into cover swipes, don't miss this Ash vs the Army of Darkness issue 4 cover over at Dynamite. Look familiar?

Anything else I'm missing?
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Dalkiel private msg quote post Address this user
Iron Maiden #1
Post 3 IP   flag post
@Dalkiel What publisher is releasing the Iron Maiden book? That cover is CRAZY!!!
Post 4 IP   flag post
Heavy Metal publishing.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Savage_Spawn private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalkiel
Heavy Metal publishing.

Will most LCS have copies of this or is it a regional/local publisher?
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector VaComicsGuy private msg quote post Address this user
The Archie horror books are enjoyable, but the months long delay between issues isn't.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Heavy Metal publishing is the same company that puts out Heavy Metal magazine. Most LCS should have it. Mine will, I'm gonna grab a couple of copies. I'm a big Iron Maiden fan.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Hmmmm.... May have to place another order with Midtown... My local shop didn't get lenticular covers again this week and I'm really wanting that Black Panther cover. Do I HAVE to get it? Well.... no.... But the secondary image of the McFarlane Wolverine with Hulk reflection is really nice and I think the homage is nice! Also, the SpiderGwen actually was a mistake for me not to get last week. Damn... Dilemma.

Can't wait to see some pics of what people picked up!

I had my online shop snag a few things I missed from my pre-orders today, like Detective Comics, the new Wonder Woman, and the Flash Dark Nights: Metal crossover. I didn't think to order them over two months ago, but wasn't going to miss them this week.

See... ALWAYS have backups! Online retailer you work with, local shops you love, and a definite place you know you can get from online that won't rake you over the coals in a pinch.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user
Light week for me, which is fine as I have a ton of stuff from last week to read still.
Post 10 IP   flag post
@dpiercy Need some feedback on the new Wonder Woman creative team!
Post 11 IP   flag post
@thelastbard - did they start w/this issue or last one? I thought the story and art right after Rucka left was kinda’ off, but quality picked right back up with the brother storyline.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Issue 33 is the launch with Robinson / Pagulayan.

Wonder Woman (series 5) 32
(W) Shea Fontana (A) David Messina
"CHILDREN OF THE GODS" part two! Wonder Woman must find out who is targeting Zeus' children before their sights are set on her! What kind of monster has the power to murder a demigod?!

Wonder Woman (series 5) 33
(W) James Robinson (A) Carlo Pagulayan
"TIMES PAST" part one! Grail, the daughter of Darkseid, has been on a quest to restore her father to his full power and glory after the events of Darkseid War! She must challenge children of the gods to steal their energy for the almighty Darkseid. Will any hero of myth be able to withstand her onslaught?!
Post 13 IP   flag post
@thelastbard - WW was excellent! This is a neat story.
Post 14 IP   flag post
@dpiercy Thanks for the feedback... I have it coming to me from my online shop. I'm wanting to read it, but also get my wife into it, so I'll be sure to keep buying the series. I figured Robinson would be a safe bet, but you never know!!!
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector neyko private msg quote post Address this user
So are comics leaving dystopian tropes for horror?
Post 16 IP   flag post
@neyko I think so many books are coming out with post-apoc elements, the industry needs to stray away. But... 'tis the season for horror! For me, I always end up finding a way to sprinkle at least little darkness / horror in my writing. Sometimes, it's completely unintentional.
Post 17 IP   flag post
I ended up getting Captain Marvel, Jean Grey, and Jughead from one of my local shops last night while waiting for some food to be ready nearby. I'm happy with the lenticulars, actually! I did see the new issue of Action Comics (lenticular), but that's coming in the mail from my online shop, so I didn't get it.

Jean Grey:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BavDnkxjvAX/?taken-by=ewhendrix

Captain Marvel:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BavESgVDae6/?taken-by=ewhendrix
Post 18 IP   flag post
597870 18 18
This topic is archived. Start new topic?