Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Good Morty Thead Redux- PLEASE Be Civil4650

COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
HOLD and WAIT until you get more and better confirmation, is my recommendation. Or, at the very least. Include a statement that CBCS and CGC at this time, WILL NOT certify or grade these booklets until they get more knowledge about their authenticity or lack thereof.

If you are going to list them for sale at this time. Legitimate booklets will not lose value over time, and actually will most likely increase a LOT, IF the major grading companies finally come to a conclusion which are which.

Just sayin'
Post 526 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by conditionfreak
HOLD and WAIT until you get more and better confirmation, is my recommendation. Or, at the very least. Include a statement that CBCS and CGC at this time, WILL NOT certify or grade these booklets until they get more knowledge about their authenticity or lack thereof.

If you are going to list them for sale at this time.

Just sayin'

Spot on assessment, I could not agree with you more.
Post 527 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by conditionfreak

If you are going to list them for sale at this time. Legitimate booklets will not lose value over time, and actually will most likely increase a LOT, IF the major grading companies finally come to a conclusion which are which.

Just sayin'

Or you could more accurately say that CBCS will not certify these booklets.
In the conversation I had with Borock on it last week, there was never a qualifier used in reference to this statement by either of us.
Post 528 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
Yes, even more accurate for CBCS. Don't know about CGC. My educated guess is that CGC will eventually grade and encapsulate these items.
Post 529 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

Post 530 IP   flag post

Captain Corrector CaptainCanuck private msg quote post Address this user

Post 531 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CopperAgeKids
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
Quote:
The third time around, the seller sold a set of two "fakes" , with one "real", for $350

Seems my asking price is a bit high then.

Im not very motivated to move the triple sets of these I have, hopefully one of the grading companies decides to grade and label accordingly once Justin goes public, I'd much prefer to have them encapsulated as sets first 👌🏻

Your asking price is too high?

What I see is thst you sold 3 Good Morty booklets, in one lor, at $350.

You stated in thst $350 sold BIN listing description that one of the 3 Good Morty "variants" is "real", while the othee two "variants" included in that $350 sold BIN lot , were described as "fake".

Before you listed these 3 Good Morty variants, you listed 2 or 3 individual double staple Good Morty books as "fakes", with a $2 BIN.

In each eBay listing title of those $2 BIN listings, you overtly announced that all double staple copies of Good Morty books are "fake", while noting in the descriptions that singke staple copies are not "fake".

You overtly proclaimed noted in the title of those 2 individual $2 "fake" Goos Morty BIN's that all double staple Good Morty booklets are "fake".

You than offered up a "real" single staple Good Morty book, along with 2 "fake" booklets at $350.

That is the textbook definition of market manipulation,

You have no proof that the single stapy Good Morty book included in that $350 sold listing of yours, is the real deal Holyfield, yet you cashed in at $350, anyway.

Now, you profess to not wanting to sell your other Good Morty "3 booklet variant sets" because you want to see what grading companies have to say.

I call that deflection.

I get that you don't like me. But posting fraudulent information about me to further your agenda to defame me, is beyond insulting, and to my knowledge a suspendable offense here.

As of today 11/13/17 I HAVE NEVER SOLD A GOOD MORTY COMIC BOOK, EVER. NOT A SINGLE ONE.

Here's what I actually DID do: I saw many people buying double staple books as real advertised first prints, and paying lots of money for these fakes. People were getting screwed daily. I decided to do so something about it; I put up a listing advertising my opinion and directed people to KaptainMyke's blog and the CBCS forum to read for themselves before purchasing. Some idiot actually clicked on the buy it now, even though it was clear the listing was for information only. I imediately refunded his two dollars, and did not relist the information. The sold/refunded auction is HERE.

That guy did not read the listing description before expecting something else and made his own assumptions; he even accused me of backing out of the deal, when the deal was clearly information only. Does that sound like someone you know here? Here is a snip of the description on that $2 no-shipping auction, just in case you missed it.

More recently, I put up all three variants actually for sale (HERE), with a very high buy it now price as I am not very motivated to sell them, as I've stated here, and as you've now accused me of lying about.

Now for the last piece of your very odd puzzle of accusation... Where is this $350 comic book that I sold by market manipulation? That one I cannot even follow your logic on, I even searched my own listing sales to be sure, you had me second-guessing myself. Where's my money? Where is that sale? IT DOESNT EXIST.

So tell us again how I'm manipulating the market?
Post 532 IP   flag post
Collector 50AE_DE private msg quote post Address this user
@CaptainCanuck

Copy A may be the real one but Copy B may be it too, who knows... Then there are the different "variants" with the stamp on the back or one staple black hair Morty. I'm glad cbcs took this stance.
Post 533 IP   flag post
@50AE_DE Quote:
Originally Posted by 50AE_DE
@CaptainCanuck

Copy A may be the real one but Copy B may be it too, who knows... Then there are the different "variants" with the stamp on the back or one staple black hair Morty. I'm glad cbcs took this stance.

Or, copy A and copy B could both be fake.

Which leads into my conclusion, how do we know that they can be easily counterfeited if we haven't even identified a truly legitimate one?
Post 534 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
For the love of God I have Identified the real ones! I have 1 real one and 3 fake ones. What is going on right now? Am I living in some sort of altered universe? What the eff is wrong with 90% of you people in this thread?

Seriously.

Get your heads examined.
Post 535 IP   flag post
@kaptainmyke

Can you please start a slabbing company so I can buy a KMCS certified Good Morty book?
Post 536 IP   flag post
Collector Garnett21k private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
For the love of God I have Identified the real ones! I have 1 real one and 3 fake ones. What is going on right now? Am I living in some sort of altered universe? What the eff is wrong with 90% of you people in this thread?

Seriously.

Get your heads examined.

Thissssssssss!
Post 537 IP   flag post
Quote:

Seriously.

Get your heads examined.

What's wrong with people is they have not held the different variations of the books, dvds, blurays, etc for themselves, and just love to play devil's advocate lol.

This really IS getting ridiculous.

Single staple brown-haired Morty with sharp black colors. That's the real/original one. Simple as that. S-I-M-P-L-E
Post 538 IP   flag post
Quote:
Single staple brown-haired Morty with sharp black colors. That's the real/original one. Simple as that. S-I-M-P-L-E

Somebody hand this man a masters degree pronto
Post 539 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCanuck
Can you please start a slabbing company so I can buy a KMCS certified Good Morty book?

Well I do have 12 other council members so we are halfway there I suppose.
Post 540 IP   flag post
@KaptainMyke et al.

Perhaps I'm expecting people to read between the lines. Here's what I'm saying:

Steve Rickets has concluded that these books are too easy to counterfeit. In order to make this statement, he must admit that one of the books he examined was real. However, the irony is that he won't admit that.

Now KM, give me my second Master's degree
Post 541 IP   flag post
Quote:
In order to make this statement, he must admit that one of the books he examined was real. However, the irony is that he won't admit that.

Thank you
Post 542 IP   flag post
Quote:
As of today 11/13/17 I HAVE NEVER SOLD A GOOD MORTY COMIC BOOK, EVER. NOT A SINGLE ONE.

It sucks that you have to defend yourself like that and use big bold letters because too many people skim on a daily basis in our routines. I hear you loud and clear, brah.
Post 543 IP   flag post
Collector Scorpion private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@50AE_DE Quote:
@CaptainCanuck

Or, copy A and copy B could both be fake.

Which leads into my conclusion, how do we know that they can be easily counterfeited if we haven't even identified a truly legitimate one?

Quote:
@KaptainMyke et al.

Perhaps I'm expecting people to read between the lines. Here's what I'm saying:

Steve Rickets has concluded that these books are too easy to counterfeit. In order to make this statement, he must admit that one of the books he examined was real. However, the irony is that he won't admit that.

Now KM, give me my second Master's degree

Prior to 10/10/2017 there were no Good Morty books for sale on ebay when looking at completed sales in the past 6 months.

yes book A is real, bought this on the oct 13 i think at and old book store, and i even ask him how log he had it, cause i asked him if he had more copy's, he said almost a year after checking his inventory to see if he had any more.
so how is this fake when it sting at this book store for almost a year, before any one knew of this book.
so the facts remain that this is real as to siting at an old book for almost a year, come on. lets be real here.
one more time with proof.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion
Quote:
Originally Posted by thpike
This makes me happy because you all are happy! I wonder if there are any still left out there in book shops or other shops that sell the DVD for Season 1?

you can get lucky like i did.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion
you will not find this at big stores, as they where the first print of the DVD, you can get lucky at a mom & pop shop that sell old books and DVD. i was one of the lucky ones, i have proof that these can still be found today, look at the date on the recite. 10/13/2017 is when i bought this used, i was able to open the DVD as it was not seal to see if the book was there,load & behold..
17 days ago Post 216 • IP flag post

Post 544 IP   flag post
@Scorpion

Even though I believe you and several other board members here believe you, the problem is CBCS has a reputation to uphold and they've decided that they're not going to take your word for it and give it a blue label. Unfortunately, that's the way it goes.

Just like you need an Authorized Witness to get a yellow label. You can't just send in a bunch of pictures of the artist signing your book and swear on a stack of bibles that the sig's legit.

The only hope is that CGC finds a way to certify these.
Post 545 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

It sucks that you have to defend yourself like that and use big bold letters because too many people skim on a daily basis in our routines. I hear you loud and clear, brah.

Thanks. Hell, the only one I've possibly "sold" is giving one away free to scorp if cbcs sends it his way. Yet @copperagekids accuses me of market manipulation selling several.

This whole subject is off the rails crazy at this point. It's making my brain hurt.
Post 546 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
The third time around, the seller sold a set of two "fakes" , with one "real", for $350

Seems my asking price is a bit high then.

Im not very motivated to move the triple sets of these I have, hopefully one of the grading companies decides to grade and label accordingly once Justin goes public, I'd much prefer to have them encapsulated as sets first 👌🏻

Your asking price is too high?

What I see is thst you sold 3 Good Morty booklets, in one lor, at $350.

You stated in that $350 sold BIN listing description that one of the 3 Good Morty "variants" is "real", while the other two "variants" included in that $350 sold BIN lot , were described as "fake".

Before you listed these 3 Good Morty variants, you listed 2 or 3 individual double staple Good Morty books as "fakes", with a $2 BIN.

In each eBay listing title of those $2 BIN listings, you overtly announced that all double staple copies of Good Morty books are "fake", while noting in the descriptions that singke staple copies are not "fake".

You overtly proclaimed noted in the title of those 2 individual $2 "fake" Goos Morty BIN's that all double staple Good Morty booklets are "fake".

You than offered up a "real" single staple Good Morty book, along with 2 "fake" booklets at $350.

That is the textbook definition of market manipulation,

You have no proof that the single staple Good Morty book included in that $350 sold listing of yours, is the real deal Holyfield, yet you cashed in at $350, anyway.

Now, you profess to not wanting to sell your other Good Morty "3 booklet variant sets" because you want to see what grading companies have to say.

I call that deflection.

I get that you don't like me. But posting fraudulent information about me to further your agenda to defame me, is beyond insulting, and to my knowledge a suspendable offense here.

Here's what I actually DID do: I saw many people buying double staple books as real advertised first prints, and paying lots of money for these fakes. People were getting screwed daily. I decided to do so something about it; I put up a listing advertising my opinion and directed people to KaptainMyke's blog and the CBCS forum to read for themselves before purchasing. Some idiot actually clicked on the buy it now, even though it was clear the listing was for information only. I imediately refunded his two dollars, and did not relist the information. The sold/refunded auction is HERE.

That guy did not read the listing description before expecting something else and made his own assumptions; he even accused me of backing out of the deal, when the deal was clearly information only. Does that sound like someone you know here? Here is a snip of the description on that $2 no-shipping auction, just in case you missed it.

More recently, I put up all three variants actually for sale (HERE), with a very high buy it now price as I am not very motivated to sell them, as I've stated here, and as you've now accused me of lying about.

Now for the last piece of your very odd puzzle of accusation... Where is this $350 comic book that I sold by market manipulation? That one I cannot even follow your logic on, I even searched my own listing sales to be sure, you had me second-guessing myself. Where's my money? Where is that sale? IT DOESNT EXIST.

So tell us again how I'm manipulating the market?

I do not know you personally, dunno how you came to the conclusion that i don't "like" you.That is not the point, either way.

So, the $350 set that shows up as no longer available was not sold. I stand corrected on that point.

That changes essentially nothing.

You are reporting Kaptain Myke's data as empirical evidence / proven fact.

His data is not empirical evidence / proven fact.

KaptainMyke is a dude on the internet.

His interpretation of the facts is just that, his interpretation.

Your current listing for the set of 3 is now for sale at $475 Buy It Now, or Best Offer.

I copy and pasted the desciption below.

The last sentence, in your current description for $475 But It Now or Best Offer, says everything that needs to be said:

Qouted below is your current desciption on an active listing at $475:

"
3 copies all of the good morty, all three variants for sale. The real one is an easy 9.8-9.9, its perfect. The two fakes are 9.6-9.8.

In my pictures here, ONLY the middle single-staple one is real. The ones outside the middle are FAKES. The light colored morty is from the feetless bluray bootleg, and the dark morty is from the bootleg DVD.
The REAL Morty has BROWN hair. Not black.

I hate seeing so many of you get ripped off here. ALL two-staple black-haired books are fakes.

You can see the writeup and evidence on the CBCS forum, or at kaptainmyke com/comics/goodmorty/goodmorty.htm

Dont get ripped off. Buy all three
"
Post 547 IP   flag post
Collector DocBrown private msg quote post Address this user
Becoming hysterical, resorting to wild hyperbole, and questioning the sanity of the people who disagree with you is not the realm of sober, rational science.

It is religion.

Can you imagine Isaac Newton doing such a thing...? And yet, Einstein proved Newton incorrect on several key issues 230 years later.

If you want people to respect your views and take you seriously, you will act responsibly and soberly.

Is it ironic that this sort of reaction is over a religious tract paroday...?
Post 548 IP   flag post

Post 549 IP   flag post
By the way...using the mechanism of listings to make a statement, without actually selling anything, is a misuse of eBay and against their Terms of Service:

Quote:
Originally Posted by eBay
eBay is a place where people can buy and sell all sorts of items. All listings have to offer a physical item, a service, or digitally delivered goods.

(emphasis added)

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/listing-no-item.html

and:

Quote:
Listings that don't offer anything for sale or those that offer intangible items aren't allowed. A listing also shouldn't include personal opinions, political views, or offensive comments about eBay members.

(emphasis added)

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/listing-ov.html

This listing:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ALL-2-STAPLE-TGMs-ARE-FAKE-Look-In-Description-for-Details-The-Good-Morty-/302510494912?hash=item466f07d4c0%3Ag%3AtqUAAOSws6ZZ-koy&nma=true&si=h27Eu9oQBRIusaPpA0bWMZnhXas%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

...specifically this line: "** Ps this is NOT an auction for a good morty, or anything else that would be shipped to you, its only information."

...does not follow the rules for listings on eBay.

This is not the first time that eBay seller "jake_gadbois" has skirted eBay's rules.

I suspect, from subsequent comments by the seller, that the seller was corrected about this by eBay, and altered their listing accordingly.
Post 550 IP   flag post
@DocBrown Sorry but your suspicion is incorrect. Hate to disappoint.

@CopperAgeKids so you accuse me of market manipulation and profiting off it, I prove that I have not done so, and yet you then say "that changes nothing".

This just keeps getting crazier 😂
Post 551 IP   flag post
Also...Rick & Morty are TM and © Cartoon Network, shown here:

http://www.adultswim.com/footer/legal/trademarks.html

Therefore, selling or attempting to sell counterfeit ("fake" ) merchandise is a violation of the TM and copyright protection enjoyed by Cartoon Network, and also against eBay rules:

Quote:
Sellers are responsible for making sure any item they offer for sale on eBay is authentic and its listing description doesn't infringe on the rights of others.
Examples of infringements:

Items that bear the rights owner's trademark—such as a logo—but weren't made by the rights owner

Unauthorized copies of audio, video, or other media

Unauthorized use of a rights owner's images and/or text in a listing

http://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/listing/create-effective-listings/vero-program.html#what-is-the-vero-program

Therefore, selling items a seller knows, or claims, is counterfeit ("fake" ) is a violation of eBay terms of service.
Post 552 IP   flag post
Collector 50AE_DE private msg quote post Address this user
@DocBrown

Reported
Post 553 IP   flag post
Collector Logan510 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@DocBrown Sorry but your suspicion is incorrect. Hate to disappoint.

@CopperAgeKids so you accuse me of market manipulation and profiting off it, I prove that I have not done so, and yet you then say "that changes nothing".

This just keeps getting crazier 😂

Be careful brah, someone may be placing another call to eBay to complain.
Post 554 IP   flag post
Quote:
@DocBrown

Reported

Same here.
Post 555 IP   flag post
601463 571 30
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.