Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Bronze AgeComics Modern AgeMovies TelevisionPop CultureQuestions

Solo: A Star Wars Story4621

COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Here's what I want in the movie:

The Falcon actually pushing cargo with it's front forks
The Kessel Run
More with Greedo
Something about how Han and Chewie linked up.

I'd like it to be far enough away from ANH to allow for a sequel but they might go the Rogue One ending route and end with him in a Mos Eisley cantina near Docking Bay 94

Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector NilesPaine private msg quote post Address this user
I guess I enjoyed Rogue so much because you could really feel the desparation of the characters. I mean you watch all of them die to complete this mission. Not one or two ALL. That rarely happens in Hollywood. Its always the formula. Hero villain, hero fails, hero finds himself, villain gets punished, hero wins. They did triumph but in a way they paid the ultimate sacrifice. Side note, I’m still not over what happened in Awakens. It literally took the breath out of me.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
More Greedo. More Chewie. I have always been most fond of ESB and a New Hope. I feel Rogue One was the best Star Wars movie in a long time. When I was 9 years old my mom and my aunt took my two cousins(age 8 and 10) and I to see a New Hope. It blew us away and I am getting emotional typing this right now. It was an amazing experience. I have been so busy with my job, that it feels nice to catch up on the current posts and relax today. Brian.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
It's great to see the Star Wars magic back...I grew up in the height of 4-6...and I feel episodes 1-3 really did a disservice to the young new fans when it came out. Between awakens and especially rogue one is as close as its been to that magic in a long time...a long time.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector bennyb86 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilesPaine
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
I just hope it's as good as Rogue One was.

Looking forward to the Han movie. Hope they do a Yoda origin film as well.

Rogue One is so underrated.

I was blown away by how great it was.
It's actually my favorite Star Wars movie of all of them.

I agree, right up there with Empire as my favorite.
Post 30 IP   flag post

Collector thelastbard private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
It's great to see the Star Wars magic back...I grew up in the height of 4-6...and I feel episodes 1-3 really did a disservice to the young new fans when it came out. Between awakens and especially rogue one is as close as its been to that magic in a long time...a long time.

Ep 1-3 could have been trimmed down to one long or two amazing films with a heck of a lot less fluff WITH magic intact if another director was involved rather than Lucas. He's an amazing visionary, but I think he just felt he could step in and play with his toys without rules and there wouldn't be consequences. They did well, of course, but there were major flaws in quality. It succeeded in bringing a new generation in to the films, but so did the re-releases / special editions (don't get me started on those).

Force Awakens did have the magic... Rogue One needed a little more "pixie dust" sprinkled on it, but was an AMAZING piece of film. It was lacking a little bit of soul. You got the feeling of desperation, but that's there even in the regular films. What you didn't have was some of the heart of the other films that could have been brought in easily. LOVE LOVE LOVE the film, but let's call it a 93% when very little would could have brought it over the top. But, honestly, I liked Rogue One better than Force Awakens, and I thought it was up there, too!

Solo... Hoping for it to have some swashbuckling rogue action (blasters instead of swords), mistakes, and "oh crap" space battles that he has to get out of with a great heist / caper mixed in, and maybe another few nods to Force sensitive people like Rogue One and Force Awakens had.
Post 31 IP   flag post
Collector Captain_Aspirin private msg quote post Address this user
I don't feel that fully explaining popular characters is always a wise choice. Mystery can greatly add to a characters depth more than explaining every little detail. A good example is Riddick from Pitch Black, and Riddick from Chronicles of Riddick. When you decide to take a long established character and write it's origin, it's probably because you aren't creative enough to do something original. Focus on the new characters. Why taint beloved established characters? Why repeat episodes 1-3...learn from mistakes.
Post 32 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
@Logan510 That's kind of vague. Might even be very questionable. Kind of cryptic when you don't know the whole story. Least that what I read somewhere.
Post 33 IP   flag post
600859 33 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?