Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern Age

The Batman Who Laughs...1st Appearance?!4587

Collector thelastbard private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Quote:
Originally Posted by moodswing
This comic is pretty recent right? Prices seem high for a new comic. Is that common nowadays?

When speculation and hype get involved yes!!!

My LCS recently changed owners and I missed this TT12 but Metal 2 was pulled for me - going to wait it out myself.
I expect an initial spike with people overpaying and then priced to level off.
If this character really has staying power I won't mind picking it up then.

Yeah, "speculation" took a little bit longer in the past, since we had to do a bit of guess work on our own, reading Previews, looking at the books on the shelves weekly, Comic Shop News, Wizard when it came around, what Wizard said (after it came out) month-to-month was hot, trending, etc... So, it was a hip-shoot mentality until something could confirm, "ok, yes, this is hot," and give an actual price.

Now, we have ways to let us know ahead of time, "this book is sold out at the distribution level," news warning us of new appearances, sites selling out before books are "officially" released, eBay helping to set pricing based on supply and demand instantly, and are not at the mercy of base-line inflated retail demand prices... It's a new world!

Some of us have been around watching the world change through the conversion.
Post 151 IP   flag post
Collector jdangerc private msg quote post Address this user
I have to say I'm pretty shocked on how TT#12 has jumped in price. My LCS has #12 priced at $50. I thought that was pretty high. Then I checked ebay and most are in the $50-$60 range with most ending at $39. As crazy as it sounds, I think this issue will continue to rise in price, hitting the $100 mark (just a prediction) by summer. With a print run less than 60,000 and a high demand in the character, I think "The Batman Who Laughs" is our next Venom.
Post 152 IP   flag post
Collector moodswing private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdangerc
I have to say I'm pretty shocked on how TT#12 has jumped in price. My LCS has #12 priced at $50. I thought that was pretty high. Then I checked ebay and most are in the $50-$60 range with most ending at $39. As crazy as it sounds, I think this issue will continue to rise in price, hitting the $100 mark (just a prediction) by summer. With a print run less than 60,000 and a high demand in the character, I think "The Batman Who Laughs" is our next Venom.

This is what I mean. He has been out for a month and he is already the next Venom ha.
Post 153 IP   flag post
Collector moodswing private msg quote post Address this user
Monitored an auction. Went for $45. I think I will go ahead and skip this character ha.
Post 154 IP   flag post
Collector Despain private msg quote post Address this user
It looks like he first appeared in The Lord of the Rings as The Mouth of Sauron.

Post 155 IP   flag post

Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Anyone know who's offering the Mattina variant of Metal #6? Can't find it anywhere, yet pre sales are showing up on ebay...I do believe i like this better than the dell otto cover.

Post 156 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
Anyone know who's offering the Mattina variant of Metal #6? Can't find it anywhere, yet pre sales are showing up on ebay...I do believe i like this better than the dell otto cover.

The usual ones Frankie’s, Comicmint etc. will go on sale this weekend. if miss out of the virgin which will be sold out within 5 min especially as print run this time will only be 700 - just pm me.
Post 157 IP   flag post
I figured as much as they seem to have the rights to the matitina covers...but Didn't see it listed on their sites, and haven't received an email yet from them.
Post 158 IP   flag post
I usually don't go for the virgin covers as they seem disproportionate to me (leaving empty space where the title is removed), but is one seems that the title is blocking part of the artwork focus...may have to take a shot at it...
Post 159 IP   flag post
Quote:
I figured as much as they seem to have the rights to the matitina covers...but Didn't see it listed on their sites, and haven't received an email yet from them.

It is on frankies’s fb site. Will be the most expensive of the 6 covers.
Post 160 IP   flag post
Ah, fb. Likely comic mint will also offer a package too
Post 161 IP   flag post
Collector BabaLament private msg quote post Address this user
I’m not a terribly huge Batman fan, but these Metal covers are fantastic. I’m having a metal shop laser cut a piece of stainless steel diamond deck in the shape of the bat-symbol & mounting the graded & framed Metal comics to it. Fantastic man-cave Wall-hanger.
Post 162 IP   flag post
Actually 1st appearance is back in 2005

Post 163 IP   flag post
Collector Topsykrets private msg quote post Address this user
That mattina #6 I jus got the virgin b&w and trade press for 50 to me well worth it too can’t wait to get that puppy
Post 164 IP   flag post
Collector Topsykrets private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
I usually don't go for the virgin covers as they seem disproportionate to me (leaving empty space where the title is removed), but is one seems that the title is blocking part of the artwork focus...may have to take a shot at it...

comic mint still has some available
Post 165 IP   flag post
600682 165 15
This topic is archived. Start new topic?