Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern Age

The Batman Who Laughs...1st Appearance?!4587

Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Many of the recent batman B variant covers (Tim sale, in particular) were littered with spine ticks...while the A covers were consistently 9.6/9.8s. Something going on there too.

I'll have to look at my tt12 again. I think I got a 9.6 or better A cover a week after it came out. I had a B cover but sold it a few weeks ago before the price jump...it was a 9.6 or better. So I'm not sure it's a national thing. I think I saw a 9.8 on eBay about a week ago...
Post 101 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
I think I saw a 9.8 on eBay about a week ago...

clickable text

clickable text
Post 102 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

clickable text

Wow, small world. That guy earned a spot on my ebay block list a few weeks ago.
Post 103 IP   flag post
Collector thelastbard private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

clickable text

clickable text

Funny, the Signature Series one does have two small spine ticks I can see, and I wouldn't consider the regular 9.8 a 9.8, but maybe I judge harsher... That one, though, isn't because of spine ticks, just because of a corner ding and the spine, bottom half, had broken color. At least, that's what my eyes saw looking at them for several seconds each.
Post 104 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
I particularly like how none of the graded books actually state 1st appearance either TT12's or Metal 2 or Casting
Post 105 IP   flag post

Collector 50AE_DE private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
I particularly like how none of the graded books actually state 1st appearance either TT12's or Metal 2 or Casting

Maybe it'll pop up in a future graded issue of 2000 AD.
Post 106 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

It’s because there’s a minibook out there somewhere in an obscure DVD case

It really makes one think though... are we missing something?
Post 107 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
Quote:

It’s because there’s a minibook out there somewhere in an obscure DVD case

It really makes one think though... are we missing something?

No, someone else mentioned it, maybe in another thread, I think, and I echoed the sentiment. It could just be because they want to see what is happening with the characters beyond Dark Nights: Metal. From what we've discovered, the Batman Who Laughs will appear in Challengers of the Unknown, so he is sticking around, but what about the others? Also, if there is some disagreement on in shadows, cameo, full appearance, and that needs to be "stabilized", that could be part of it, too.
Post 108 IP   flag post
From the Comic Mint:

DARK NIGHTS METAL 4 IS COMING Black Friday!

Dark Nights Metal 4 with cover art by Francesco Mattina is going on sale this coming Friday!

Stay tuned for full pricing information and exact on sale time for these incredible covers! Will be available in modern trade dress, classic homage trade dress, and virgin formats. Check them out below!

Post 109 IP   flag post
Quote:
From the Comic Mint:

DARK NIGHTS METAL 4 IS COMING Black Friday!

Dark Nights Metal 4 with cover art by Francesco Mattina is going on sale this coming Friday!

Stay tuned for full pricing information and exact on sale time for these incredible covers! Will be available in modern trade dress, classic homage trade dress, and virgin formats. Check them out below!

Good find! I got an email a little while ago from ComicXposure, too, about a great variant for issue 5...

https://comicxposure.com/search?type=product&q=DARK+NIGHTS+METAL+DELL+OTTO

Use code "NEW" for 15% off.

Post 110 IP   flag post
OH man, why do they have to be $35+?!
Post 111 IP   flag post
@Drogio Ugh... the Virgin Del'Otto is $78.99!!!!
Post 112 IP   flag post
Tell me you don't wish these were real variants? They're from Thomas Mason's Twitter (@mentalstudios).... I've been going a bit nuts on Pintrest over the last month or so (God help me). Was never on there before someone recommended it to me for gathering together project ideas and also "tapping another market". Now, I'm gathering images of characters, artists, and other things, like the Batman who Laughs! :P

Check out all of the images of him I've found, though.... Some of these should be real covers!!!

https://www.pinterest.com/erikhendrixprofessionalwriter/comics-batman-who-laughs-villain-dc-comics/
Post 113 IP   flag post
I like the killing joke homage
Post 114 IP   flag post
Collector 1nOnly private msg quote post Address this user
These just showed up today!

Post 115 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1nOnly
These just showed up today!

AWESOME!!!!!
Post 116 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
@1nOnly nice. do you live in Stayton, OR by any chance?
Post 117 IP   flag post
@poka wow! Yes, I live just outside Stayton, OR. How did you guess that?
Post 118 IP   flag post
Quote:

Because I was the one who sold you the comics - 😁. You made a good deal on those - congrats.

Appreciate if you can give me feedback in ebay 🙏
Post 119 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
Quote:

Because I was the one who sold you the comics - 😁. You made a good deal on those - congrats.

Small world!
Post 120 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelastbard
Quote:
Quote:

Small world!

Small world indeed! I always leave positive feedback when the books arrive. They showed up packaged well and in fantastic shape. Thank you. The issue I’m having is that Ebay timed me out and won’t allow me to leave feedback on this purchase. 😡 any ideas how to get around that?
Post 121 IP   flag post
@1nOnly didn’t realize but c9me to think about it - with all the production issues and delays with the comic + the fact that of my 50 sales orders on DNM 3 Mattina you made your order as the very first person (🙏) time has probably passed to leave comments - my fault.
Post 122 IP   flag post
received a box today - all sold - only one more box to go
Post 123 IP   flag post
Quote:
received a box today - all sold - only one more box to go

Whaaaaaaaaaa????
Post 124 IP   flag post
I love the cover to The Batman Who Laughs one shot. I keep picking it up where I find it in 9.6 or better condition. Got 4 copies so far.

Also picked up Metal Three Mattina variant (the cheaper one) as well, and preordered the Del Otto variant for Metal #5. Looking forward to more covers of this character in the near future.
Post 125 IP   flag post
Quote:
I love the cover to The Batman Who Laughs one shot. I keep picking it up where I find it in 9.6 or better condition. Got 4 copies so far.

Also picked up Metal Three Mattina variant (the cheaper one) as well, and preordered the Del Otto variant for Metal #5. Looking forward to more covers of this character in the near future.

I really hope he sticks around for a while, but they don't go nuts and squander the character... Keep him "dangerous", you know? Shows up from time to time, complete chaos, and disappears.
Post 126 IP   flag post
Maybe he will have a split personality in the next movie! Right
Post 127 IP   flag post
Ok.... Want to get mildly disturbed? Check out all of the fan art and such I've accumulated. A lot of it is "official" stuff, but most of it is not. Some is SOOOOOO good! I even found someone who got a tattoo already, but I didn't save that (why?).

https://www.pinterest.com/erikhendrixprofessionalwriter/comics-batman-who-laughs-villain-dc-comics/
Post 128 IP   flag post
OH boy, here come Th spiderman homage covers....is there an ASM 300 and 316 (with TBWL standing over Batman) yet?
Post 129 IP   flag post
Quote:
OH boy, here come Th spiderman homage covers....is there an ASM 300 and 316 (with TBWL standing over Batman) yet?

Yeah, there was talk between the artist and one of the "boutique" online shops to get this (or something like it by the same artist, Thomas Mason) released as an official variant, too, but DC nixed the idea. Bah! It would have been AWESOME! This one was a custom piece he did for Sonny's Comics.
Post 130 IP   flag post
600627 165 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?