Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy_K
I hear you on the Star Wars but the 300? IMO it might as well not be a slabbed 300 without his sig. Thats the market for the 300s you go buy the grade then by the grade of his signature.

I don't think it increases the value of the book more than what he charges plus
All the fees associated with the witnessing/slabbing proces. His signature is on everything...I don't think it's really that special or really increase the value of something more than the cost to aquire (~$200?). It may help move a book faster, though...not sure, to be honest.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector Jeremy_K private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
Quote:
I hear you on the Star Wars but the 300? IMO it might as well not be a slabbed 300 without his sig. Thats the market for the 300s you go buy the grade then by the grade of his signature.

All the fees associated with the witnessing/slabbing proces. His signature is on everything...I don't think it's really that special or really increase the value of something more than the cost to aquire (~$200?). It may help move a book faster, though...not sure, to be honest.

Ya i'm only half joking since the whole premise is ridiculous. I have about 5 300s all signed by stan how rare can they be? Although the difference on the bay between the stan signed and unsigned is usually more than $200 and it keeps going up.
Post 27 IP   flag post
the guy signs at shows all the time still and does it till his hands quit working.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
Quote:

Ya i'm only half joking since the whole premise is ridiculous. I have about 5 300s all signed by stan how rare can they be? Although the difference on the bay between the stan signed and unsigned is usually more than $200 and it keeps going up.

Price increase might be because he keeps raising the price of his sig...and I do believe he's done with the con circuit...could be some increased demand because of a sense the supply is about to be cut off..or at least a significant decrease in production...🤔
Post 29 IP   flag post
He's not done. Its like an arena rock reunion tour that happens every single year.
Post 30 IP   flag post

COLLECTOR Stu private msg quote post Address this user
I don’t think I’m going to crack open a slab - will most likely pull from one of my raw books to have Stan place some ink. Thanks for all that replied - already spent enough money getting those done. My X-Men #1 came in the mail the other day signed by Stan - I’ll get a pic up here in a min, but the signature is ugly on the down side, but whitnessed on the up side!
Post 31 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Stu private msg quote post Address this user

Post 32 IP   flag post
Thats a good sig. it's not a smudge
Post 33 IP   flag post
Collector thelastbard private msg quote post Address this user
It's definitely still a Stan sig, but it has devolved over the years... It happens! Combination of age, sig evolution, and even a given day, where he could have signed God knows how many books. As people have said, he smudges, he makes mistakes, etc, so this one came out well! I have three, one from three-ish years ago, and two from three months ago, and there is a marked difference between the time-gap. BUT, still Stan! Still a win for you... still a nice piece of comic book history signed by a living legend while it still can be. I'd love to get another dozen or so books signed by him before it's too late.
Post 34 IP   flag post
597920 34 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?