Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgeGrading Help NeededMovies TelevisionPop CultureQuestions

CGC says "GOOD MORTY" is 1st appearance now.4564

CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
Interesting topic. I talked to the grading room today and they had already had this discussion some time ago.
Going forward, CBCS will be labeling the booklet as their first appearance.

Rick and Morty #1 will have the key comment of "1st appearance of Rick and Morty in their own title."
Post 51 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
uggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Post 52 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
great.
Post 53 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
Ouch
Post 54 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
I'm going to withhold my response until I get my DVD's I ordered. If I don't get a copy of "The Good Morty", then I won't care
Post 55 IP   flag post

Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
I doubt this "first appearance" thing will have any affect on the value of the Rick and Morty first issue. Just like the Batman The Animated Series Almost Got 'im (Golden Books 1993) discovery didn't crater the value of Batman Adventures 12. Nor has fandom learning that Boba Fett appeared first in a paperback version of the Empire Strikes Back AND then Marvel Super Special 16 before being reprinted in the Star Wars 42 affected the value of Star Wars 42

Comic book collectors are overall biased towards collecting -- wait for it -- comic books. Not paperbacks, not magazines and not miniature comics.
Post 56 IP   flag post
Collector eblkheart private msg quote post Address this user
As a die hard collector of Rick and Morty, I am really debating if I should even try to find this. After awhile the value is going to drop, I hope. If not, it'll be something that I'll just wait or just skip it.
Post 57 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMan
I doubt this "first appearance" thing will have any affect on the value of the Rick and Morty first issue. Just like the Batman The Animated Series Almost Got 'im (Golden Books 1993) discovery didn't crater the value of Batman Adventures 12. Nor has fandom learning that Boba Fett appeared first in a paperback version of the Empire Strikes Back AND then Marvel Super Special 16 before being reprinted in the Star Wars 42 affected the value of Star Wars 42

Comic book collectors are overall biased towards collecting -- wait for it -- comic books. Not paperbacks, not magazines and not miniature comics.

I agree. Nobody thinks twice about the qualifier "in comics" on BA12. Those that know don't seem to care.

Hell, even the second appearance of Wolverine is more valuable than his first appearance.
Post 58 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by eblkheart
As a die hard collector of Rick and Morty, I am really debating if I should even try to find this. After awhile the value is going to drop, I hope. If not, it'll be something that I'll just wait or just skip it.

A die hard collector would have a copy of Good Morty. Just think how cool it would be to have the limited signed copy sent through VSP.
Post 59 IP   flag post
Collector eblkheart private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
A die hard collector would have a copy of Good Morty. Just think how cool it would be to have the limited signed copy sent through VSP.

I'll wait to see if the price drops... but right now, it's unreachable for me right now. I know I'll get one. Just not now with the current pricing.
Post 60 IP   flag post
I have mine, and we shall see. I'm going to submit it.
Post 61 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by eblkheart

Post 62 IP   flag post
Okay, as promised. I watched episode 1 of season one this evening, with my wife. She wanted to watch the latest episode of Ray Donovan but I told her "everyone talks this Rick and Morty thing up, and I just bought the season one DVD, so we have to give it a try". So we watched episode 1.

She wanted to stop watching it five minutes into it. But I said, "no, we have to give it a chance", even though I thought it was bad.

So we finished episode 1, and I have to say this, as diplomatic as I can.

Rick and Morty sucks Big Time. It is God Awful. Reminded me of Beavis and Butthead, but even worse than they are.

I will not be spending any money on Rick and Morty comics.

Not that anyone cares.

Gonna give the DVD to our middle son, as he likes stuff like this. He probably has it already though.
Post 63 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Foghorn_Sam private msg quote post Address this user
@conditionfreak "Rick and Morty sucks Big Time. It is God Awful. Reminded me of Beavis and Butthead, but even worse than they are."

So what's all the hoopla about??? Everyone seems to be going "gaga" over this Rick and Morty thing!
Post 64 IP   flag post
Nooooo

The first 3 episodes are horrible! Start after episode 4 trust me
Post 65 IP   flag post
Collector Logan510 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by conditionfreak
Okay, as promised. I watched episode 1 of season one this evening, with my wife. She wanted to watch the latest episode of Ray Donovan but I told her "everyone talks this Rick and Morty thing up, and I just bought the season one DVD, so we have to give it a try". So we watched episode 1.

She wanted to stop watching it five minutes into it. But I said, "no, we have to give it a chance", even though I thought it was bad.

Rick and Morty sucks Big Time. It is God Awful. Reminded me of Beavis and Butthead, but even worse than they are.

Not that anyone cares.

Gonna give the DVD to our middle son, as he likes stuff like this. He probably has it already though.

Are you going to yell at us to get off your lawn too?
Post 66 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Nooooo

I disagree. At first blush I did not like the first two episodes but after watching them again I do.

Everyone has their own tastes, but I'm assuming the show is not meant for his demographic.
Post 67 IP   flag post
I think the demographic is 25-35 yr old gamer stoner self employed, self entitled social media gods
Post 68 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan510
Quote:
Originally Posted by conditionfreak

Not that anyone cares.

Are you going to yell at us to get off your lawn too?

I have ten acres. All of you are welcome to walk on it. Just bring baggies to pick up you own poop.
Post 69 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan510
Quote:
Nooooo

I disagree. At first blush I did not like the first two episodes but after watching them again I do.

Everyone has their own tastes, but I'm assuming the show is not meant for his demographic.

Definitely not my cup of tea. But that is why there is chocolate, vanilla and strawberry ice cream. No two of us are exactly the same.

I'm "normal" but many are not. LOL
Post 70 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

I agree. Nobody thinks twice about the qualifier "in comics" on BA12. Those that know don't seem to care.

Hell, even the second appearance of Wolverine is more valuable than his first appearance.

Gonna have to disagree with both of you here, and given your reputations and positions in the industry, especially SR, 'tis probably a bad tree to bark at 😁🍺

This news is less than a week old, yet raw NM Good Morty's are selling like hotcakes for more than a graded 9.4 RAM#1. NM to NM graded, GM is already winning! People dont seem to care the comic is smaller than normal.

Unlike hulk this is not a cameo vs full situation; as you confirmed earlier Steve, this is now a first appearance vs first issue situation. People thought RAM #1 was a first appearance, and now both CGC and CBCS concur it is not. All that first appearance hype over RAM #1 just went *poof*

Couple that with these books/dvds were not mostly purchased by comic collectors. RAM is first a popular TV show; the majority of these comics are lost (for now). Released in '14, they are sitting on a shelf, or in the basement of a high school kid's TV room. The good news is, yard sales and flea markets will trickle a lot of them out to us over the next decade!

Given all that, I'd bet the soon to appear GM 9.8's smash the RAM #1 9.8s easily. Everyone wants on the first appearance in comics train, and those holding a RAM #1 are no longer even in the station 😬
Post 71 IP   flag post
Collector KiloGraham private msg quote post Address this user
There are actually two versions of The Good Morty, one is bound with a single staple the other bound with two staples. The two staple version is printed on thinner paper than the singular. The 250 signed by Harmon and Roiland are single staple versions, believed to be the first, original printing.
Post 72 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Wolverine private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

Thank you Steve!! Now we just need the rest of the industry to follow suit. It's so wishy washy for what's considered a first appearance and what's a cameo.
Post 73 IP   flag post
Collector DocBrown private msg quote post Address this user
I think it's incredibly hilarious that the first appearance of these characters is in a parody of a Jack Chick "christian" tract. Too funny.
Post 74 IP   flag post
Well it's not like the Rick & Morty #1s aren't going to hold value over this...right?
Post 75 IP   flag post
Quote:
Well it's not like the Rick & Morty #1s aren't going to hold value over this...right?

Whatever makes you sleep better at night brah
Post 76 IP   flag post
Oh, I'm sure that Rick and Morty #1 will always be worth more than cover price. A lot more.

Because there are a lot of 25-35 year old gamer stoner self employed, self entitled social media gods, out there.
Post 77 IP   flag post
It’s true πŸ†
Post 78 IP   flag post
Collector NilesPaine private msg quote post Address this user
Is this thing available at all your local retailers!?! Or is it specfific stores?
Post 79 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
@NilesPaine came out in '14, that first run is long gone at the big box stores. Unless you can find a mom&pop store that has old stock, you're not getting one off the rack
Post 80 IP   flag post
601333 498 30
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.