Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgeGrading Help NeededMovies TelevisionPop CultureQuestions

CGC says "GOOD MORTY" is 1st appearance now.4564

COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user

Post 426 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Foghorn_Sam private msg quote post Address this user
Where can I see and read the actual story in this "Good Morty" tract/mini comic or whatever you want to call it outside of getting a copy for myself? Is it posted somewhere?
Post 427 IP   flag post
Collector Logan510 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBrown
Quote:

@DocBrown, Claiming "authorized" printed books in illegally printed media is laughable. Are you saying someone "authorized" a print run for fake dvds?

No, and you could do a lot better if you didn't call the points other people make "laughable." That doesn't advance the discussion; it's just getting your digs in.

Thought the notion was funny. Would you prefer I abreviate it to "lol"?

I think I've done plenty in this thread to advance the discussion. There's no need for you to take things so personal... PLEASE dont get this thread locked; back on topic, shall we? ❤

Would you please stop being such a meanie? Think of the children.

#snowflake
Post 428 IP   flag post
Quote:
Fewer assumptions made = anything in a fake case is fake.

Anything beyond that is, although possible, speculating conspiracy

As I have mentioned before, there are very sophisticated bootleg operations in Hong Kong that are basically used as money laundering fronts for organized crime. This is not speculation, it is fact as one of the more well known anime bootleg fronts was busted by Interpol within the last 10 years. They have professional quality equipment and produce professional quality results, so it is not out of the realm of possibility nor nearly as difficult as some people would make it seem.
Post 429 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Unlikely tho
Post 430 IP   flag post

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Unlikely tho

It's possible though, however unlikely you might want or hope it to be
Post 431 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan510
Quote:
Fewer assumptions made = anything in a fake case is fake.

Anything beyond that is, although possible, speculating conspiracy

As I have mentioned before, there are very sophisticated bootleg operations in Hong Kong that are basically used as money laundering fronts for organized crime. This is not speculation, it is fact as one of the more well known anime bootleg fronts was busted by Interpol within the last 10 years. They have professional quality equipment and produce professional quality results, so it is not out of the realm of possibility nor nearly as difficult as some people would make it seem.

You might ask:

"Well, Mr Logan510, why would bootleg operations do this when they're in the business to make money"?

Simple, these particular bootleg operations are not trying to make money through the sale of bootlegs. They are doing it specifically to launder money earned from other aspects of organized crime.
Post 432 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
Wait. What?

Did you just say that criminals are laundering illegally gained money through illegal enterprises?
Post 433 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by conditionfreak
Wait. What?

Did you just say that criminals are laundering illegally gained money through illegal enterprises?

Get off my lawn.
Post 434 IP   flag post
Collector jrs private msg quote post Address this user
People are very imaginative in this thread.
Post 435 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs

I'd bet they're the type of guys that read comic books
Post 436 IP   flag post
Collector jrs private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs

And wear tin hats.
Post 437 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs

And wear tin hats.

Please stop making this personal, there is no need for that.

#snowflake
Post 438 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

Post 439 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CopperAgeKids
Also, the apparently bootlegged sets ( blue plastic inside of the book with a re-writable DVD (which has a black background)...and a lighter tone of inks on The Good Morty book included....could just be that Roland was trying to save money on production costs on a percentage of the 1st pressing in 2014, after charging a premium on the first part of the run, which he promoted as randomly inserted signed copies of Good Morty.

This would make good business sense on Roland's part.

Using rewritable discs and cheaper paper stock/lower ink quality, saves money.

OTOH:

I have a good friend who worked/wirks as a 1st pressman for the past 15+ years.

He has ran off a couple hundred backing boards, using much thicker paper stock than regular backing boards, at the shop he works.

He still has his job.

So yeah....a press Man could do this, in quantities...say a 100, to play it safe.

Good info cak.

It's not too far fetched to think that a press shop could be in decline in this day and age as well. People do things they wouldnt normally do when presented with money problems.

I can certainly see a pressman and the shop manager collaborating on a big run to make a quick buck on thousands of bootleg DVDS... More probable than theft of the print run, and certainly not "sci-fi intriguing" or "completely improbable" lol

That is not what I was suggesting.

A first pressman could have done this on his own, with no assistance from a shift supervisor, let alone a shop manager.

There is no way in Hell that a shift supervisor, or anyone in upper management at a legitimate print shop, would run off bootlegged copies of ANYTHING.

That could result in a criminal lawsuit from the copyright holders.

The risk involved, even to a shop's reputation alone, far outweighs the any $ value, that could be made.

No 1st pressman would be stupid enough to ask his supervisor to "collaborate" on this.

Post 440 IP   flag post
I'd have to say I agree. The risk isn't worth the reward to an employee just trying to hold his own.
Post 441 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foghorn_Sam
Where can I see and read the actual story in this "Good Morty" tract/mini comic or whatever you want to call it outside of getting a copy for myself? Is it posted somewhere?

Here it is

http://rickandmorty.wikia.com/wiki/The_Good_Morty
Post 442 IP   flag post
Collector DocBrown private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan510
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs

And wear tin hats.

Please stop making this personal, there is no need for that.

#snowflake

This is like when the mafia says to someone "be a real shame if that handsome son of yours were to break a leg or two", and if someone goes after them for that threat, they feign and protest their "innocence."

...like everyone is too stupid to realize exactly what's going on.
Post 443 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by joephizz
@DocBrown I have been thinking the same thing as more info about the actual comics comes to light. I wouldn't be surprised if there were multiple sources for printing, each with a slight difference.

Another thing I've noticed about almost all the comics is how precise and straight the staples are. I'm perhaps being naive but I imagine anyone bootlegging the comics (back when they were thought to be worthless) would be stapling the books by hand and therefore we'd see at least some books with wonky staples.

Anyone bootlegging the DVD or Blu-Ray would have access to equipment that would staple the books via a machine.

Basically, anyone who works at a print shop, who is an experienced 1st or even 2nd Press Operator ( the trade term is 1st or 2nd Pressman) could produce the apparently bootlegged DVD/Blu-Ray sets with the apparently bbootlegged Good Morty.

The problem with that scenario is who is in control of the original art? If you don't have access to the digital files of the original art...or the original art itself, if it exists in physical format...then you're going to have more problems than it's worth to "bootleg" these tracts.

Again: there was no financial motive to do so. So, those of you in the "fake copies" camp are going to have to come up with a plausible motive for why anyone would do it...and "total authenticity" isn't plausible, because it's more trouble than it's worth, just to include something that is basically a throwaway insert before last week.

Think about it: why do you think bootleg DVDs almost universally LOOK "bootlegged"?

It's because someone used 2nd generation scans of the finished DVD case, which resulted in degradation. And, in addition, they used cheap, re-writeable DVDs...not "official product" DVDs.

If that's the case with a bootleg DVD...it's certainly going to be the case with a bootleg tract. If the bootleggers didn't go to the trouble of making a high quality copy of the original, enough to fool even sharp eyed observers...why on earth would they go to the much more trouble of printing off Good Mortys...?

I posted up a lengthy reply to this last night on my cell, than my battery died, about a sentence away from hitting the Reply button.

At this point, and in light of the link posted by IntoAnother , I am coming around to being more in agreement to the statements you have posted in this thread, that I previously did not fully agree with.

So in summation, I agree with 99.99% of what you have posted, in this thread.
Post 444 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by joephizz
@DocBrown I have been thinking the same thing as more info about the actual comics comes to light. I wouldn't be surprised if there were multiple sources for printing, each with a slight difference.

Another thing I've noticed about almost all the comics is how precise and straight the staples are. I'm perhaps being naive but I imagine anyone bootlegging the comics (back when they were thought to be worthless) would be stapling the books by hand and therefore we'd see at least some books with wonky staples.

Anyone bootlegging the DVD or Blu-Ray would have access to equipment that would staple the books via a machine.

Basically, anyone who works at a print shop, who is an experienced 1st or even 2nd Press Operator ( the trade term is 1st or 2nd Pressman) could produce the apparently bootlegged DVD/Blu-Ray sets with the apparently bbootlegged Good Morty.

The problem with that scenario is who is in control of the original art? If you don't have access to the digital files of the original art...or the original art itself, if it exists in physical format...then you're going to have more problems than it's worth to "bootleg" these tracts.

Again: there was no financial motive to do so. So, those of you in the "fake copies" camp are going to have to come up with a plausible motive for why anyone would do it...and "total authenticity" isn't plausible, because it's more trouble than it's worth, just to include something that is basically a throwaway insert before last week.

Think about it: why do you think bootleg DVDs almost universally LOOK "bootlegged"?

It's because someone used 2nd generation scans of the finished DVD case, which resulted in degradation. And, in addition, they used cheap, re-writeable DVDs...not "official product" DVDs.

If that's the case with a bootleg DVD...it's certainly going to be the case with a bootleg tract. If the bootleggers didn't go to the trouble of making a high quality copy of the original, enough to fool even sharp eyed observers...why on earth would they go to the much more trouble of printing off Good Mortys...?

I posted up a lengthy reply to this last night on my cell, than my battery died, about a sentence away from hitting the Reply button.

At this point, and in light of the link posted by IntoAnother , I am coming around to being more in agreement to the statements you have posted in this thread, that I previously did not fully agree with.

So in summation, I agree with 99.99% of what you have posted, in this thread.

Even the off-topic ones...?

It's appreciated, though. I don't have the answers. They could be fakes, real, reprints, who knows? The point I'm trying to make is this: be wary of calling anything fake without doing a thorough investigation.

There were things that experts...real experts, professionals in their fields, not even "so-called"...have pronounced fake and real, and turned out to be the opposite.
Post 445 IP   flag post
Collector VillageIdiot private msg quote post Address this user
This thread is pure comedy! Please, carry on
Post 446 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by VillageIdiot
This thread is pure comedy! Please, carry on

Is that a fake response or the real deal?

#safespace
Post 447 IP   flag post

#totalirony
Post 448 IP   flag post
Collector IntoAnother private msg quote post Address this user
Here are a few pics from an order of DVD’s I just got in from seller mary81358 on eBay. The listing can be viewed here...

Rick and Morty: Seasons 1-2, 4 DVDs (Adult Swim) Season 1 & 2 FREE SHIPPING https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F382005981126

The listing stated they were used DVD’s but were complete with the comic and manual. I ordered five sets and they all came with the comic and manual.

Here are the pics. Please note the pics with the Blu Ray in it are for color comparison only.

Feel free to ask any questionable you may have and I’ll answer them as best I can.

Post 449 IP   flag post
Continued...

Post 450 IP   flag post
just like mine.... interesting
Post 451 IP   flag post
I bought this one from an unsuspecting pawn shop and unsuspecting buyers, sniped it: clickable text
Post 452 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
I would rather have the real comic book... if Rick and Morty didn't suck.
Post 453 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
I would rather have the real comic book... if Rick and Morty didn't suck.

Post 454 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
just like mine.... interesting

How is the overall quality of your case, disc, and comic compared to others you are pretty certain are real?

I’m far from a DVD expert but my gut says mine are fakes. I guess I shouldn’t be surprised as I ordered five used sets and they all came with the comic and manual that likely wouldn’t be in them anymore.
Post 455 IP   flag post
601380 498 30
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.