Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgeGrading Help NeededMovies TelevisionPop CultureQuestions

CGC says "GOOD MORTY" is 1st appearance now.4564

Collector joephizz private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Clear DVD case set of season one. Has feet. No text under Beth. Discs are shiny. Discs have serials and numbers in inside lining of discs. There are knobbies for DVD insert holder page, but discs are mounted on each inside DVD door. 1 good Morty 2 staple booklet was inside. Bought both season 1vand season 2 at same time on amazon from amazon directly on amazon prime, not a amazon seller. Season 2 has plumbus manual. Both had a sticker that said comic inside. That's all I know. I bought 4 from amazon last week and none had comic and all were white DVD cases with disc one mounted on a DVD holder insert inside.

This is exactly what I bought here in the UK, from a UK ebayer and had the two staple version also. Came shrink wrapped with Season two (also shrink wrapped) which had the Plumbus manual.
Post 276 IP   flag post
Collector IntoAnother private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
Quote:
So this one clickable text has the cheap recycable dvd case , original large bluray logo yet has the shiny silvery backside on the bluray disc and it has the comic book. Figure that one out!

Thats the same one @Scorpion has, just missing the slipcase that says Digital HD UV at the top, its legit

Hey all,

Can any of you who have copies that appear to be legit please post a clear pic of the UPC number on the back of the slipcase?

It’s typical the UPC changes as the product does, so when they stopped inserting The Good Morty it may have changed.

This is just a theory, but it may help weed out a substantial amount of copies if it’s determined that only copies with UPC #example are legit copies.

Worth a shot anyway.
Post 277 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
@IntoAnother UPC never changed across the various printings, all the same
Post 278 IP   flag post
Collector Scorpion private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by joephizz
Quote:
Clear DVD case set of season one. Has feet. No text under Beth. Discs are shiny. Discs have serials and numbers in inside lining of discs. There are knobbies for DVD insert holder page, but discs are mounted on each inside DVD door. 1 good Morty 2 staple booklet was inside. Bought both season 1vand season 2 at same time on amazon from amazon directly on amazon prime, not a amazon seller. Season 2 has plumbus manual. Both had a sticker that said comic inside. That's all I know. I bought 4 from amazon last week and none had comic and all were white DVD cases with disc one mounted on a DVD holder insert inside.

This is exactly what I bought here in the UK, from a UK ebayer and had the two staple version also. Came shrink wrapped with Season two (also shrink wrapped) which had the Plumbus manual.

i still think 2 staple is real could be that the blue DVD case run out and the manufacturer had to use a substitute case for them.
did anyone think of that? which happens a lot with DVDs.
Post 279 IP   flag post
I have noticed that *some (over half) of the two-staple ones have this little black line under the red box.

@Kap does yours?

If not, there may be legit two-staple books and the differentiating factor is that line. If I get the fakes I just bought, will be sure to post better pics

Post 280 IP   flag post

I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

Post 281 IP   flag post
Collector 1243782365 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Here’s the back of mine:

If this disc was real you wouldn't be able to see the black on the back.
The disc would also have a identification number on it.

Only fake blurays have black bottoms because the technology isn't there to copy blurays like they are for DVDs.
Post 282 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
nope no line your's is fake lulz
Post 283 IP   flag post
Collector 1243782365 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster
I don't know if this helps, for comparison purposes, don't forget the DVD should have numbers and barcode on the recorded side. Hard to see but they are there.

This is what genuine DVDs look like.
Post 284 IP   flag post
Its def the numbers. Here's a two pics of the same exact dvd, one in direct light one in shadow. A legit one can look black

Post 285 IP   flag post
Quote:
@IntoAnother UPC never changed across the various printings, all the same

That’s not true, if you look at several Season 1 UPC’s you’re going to notice a difference.
Post 286 IP   flag post
well i already took pics of mine like twice so scroll back to look at my disc letters and upc barcode
Post 287 IP   flag post
@kaptainmyke

Thanks Kap, I couldn’t quite make yours out but I’ll check again. I know Jimmy’s UPC does not appear to be from the initial run.
Post 288 IP   flag post
Real
83929 37432

Fake
Same
*one seller has a no feet one ending in 4 rather than 2. Uninown if its a fake

New on shelf right now
Same

@IntoAnother have you really seen any different ones? I have yet to
Post 289 IP   flag post
@shrewbeer

As I stated it was just a theory, but I have noticed that the earliest UPC tied to Season 1 is 0883929374328

Now I’ve yet to hold a copy in my hand with that UPC, that doesn’t mean they don’t exist. It may have just been a fairly small run.

Here are a few screen shots from Barnes and Noble and UPC site which also state the UPC as being tied to the initial run.

PS: I wouldn’t suggest anyone run off and order them from Barnes and Noble as they may have just never updated the listings information.

Post 290 IP   flag post
@IntoAnother thats the same code as the ones i was referencing (i left off the front and rear 8s).

Putting them on you get
Real
8 83929 37432 8

Real Bluray
Real
8 83929 37434 8

Fake bluray
8 83929 37434 8

@scorpion I cant read yours, you have a real bluray, does it end in 4?
Post 291 IP   flag post
Here you go. This is my dvd copy purchased 9 months ago from Amazon directly. It came with the 2 staple comic that has been sent to cgc yesterday so I cannot take any additional photos of what I've already taken.

before i pressed it:

after i pressed it:

I want to solve this just as much as everyone else. I contacted EVERY person on ebay this morning selling a used season 1 dvd/bluray. a few haven't responded but most did. 3 dont have comics but inserts. 1 has nothing inside. 2 are sealed still, even though selling as used. Another got her item mixed up and replied again and said no there was no comic inside. I called a local record/movie store and they only have 2 copies ordered from last September, white cases, brand new from supplier. No used copies as they sell FAST I was told by record store employee. Was grateful he saved me a trip.
Post 292 IP   flag post
@shrewbeer

Ahh, well that was an easy debunking. I appreciate it.

I’m clearly not an UPC expert. I’m just trying to get a bit of a better understanding on what to look out for, because as of not it’s a bit messy and I’d prefer it isn’t left up to someone in the grading room to decide the books fate.
Post 293 IP   flag post

The one with blue tape is the one that had the comic inside. The other was purchased brand new last week with no comic inside.

It seems all my copies purchased last week are much lighter in color. That beige across the top is much lighter than my copy that is alleged first print with comic. Furthermore, the line quality of the black line below the beige is thin above the black line.
Post 294 IP   flag post

Post 295 IP   flag post
Collector DocBrown private msg quote post Address this user
This is good investigative work...just make sure the color difference isn't an artifact of the lighting. These are the kinds of differences that could prove things one way or the other.
Post 296 IP   flag post
Right. I was careful on my light source and used all black backgrounds above and on the floor so that my posters and other items would not reflect or show a weird angle.
Post 297 IP   flag post
Now we just need a slipcase that had the single staple book to compare it to.

Others are saying now that the single staple book is all cardstock, while the double staples are thin paper.

The double staple books are in all of the feet missing blurays (which are 100% bootleg copies). A DVD case, however, remains to be found as fake (yet)
Post 298 IP   flag post
Collector DocBrown private msg quote post Address this user
And there very well could have been a second printing...or more...of these books, initiated by whomever was making these decisions (adult swim, etc.) It is very easy for people to make legitimate reprints of their own work...you just place an order with the printer for X amount of additional copies. And the small differences...like two staples vs. one...can be explained that. Not proof, mind you, but they're clues to putting the whole thing together.

It's an important distinction between "reprint" and "fake."
Post 299 IP   flag post
@kaptainmyke

Thank you for the pics Kap.
Post 300 IP   flag post
Check this out. The new one is a lot lighter. Even the ground is darker on mine. (Again, blue painters tape is the one that had the comic inside, purchased 1/20/2017

Post 301 IP   flag post
Quote:
Others are saying now that the single staple book is all cardstock, while the double staples are thin paper.

This is a first I'm hearing anything about paper quality. Okay, we're getting closer. Mine, which has 2 staples, has thin paperstock. Definitely not a thicker cardstock.
Post 302 IP   flag post
Where are you getting your information, @shrewbeer ?
Post 303 IP   flag post
@kaptainmyke Look at unboxing vids on youtube, and that original google conversation posted by kilogram here

Scorpion scored a legit single staple bluray, maybe he can chime in on that as well
Post 304 IP   flag post
i meant about the paperstock
Post 305 IP   flag post
601299 498 30
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.