Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgeGrading Help NeededMovies TelevisionPop CultureQuestions

CGC says "GOOD MORTY" is 1st appearance now.4564

Collector Scorpion private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmylinguini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion
It turns out the missing feet bluray copies are all fake. The blurays in all of them are re-recordable black bottom discs.

so your say the one i bought back a week ago at and old book store with proof of date, that been siting there who know how long is fake,lol
so that guy that faked it went to this old book store to drop it off so i can buy it,what are you on drugs, look at the pics its real.

No. Yours has a sticker blocking the feet where the fakes ones just don't have feet. No reason to be so hostile.

i will peel the sticker off when i get home, not been hostile. sorry if i came like that, i will end this and peel the sticker off when i get home tonight,we will see what behind the sticker.
Post 226 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmylinguini

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkrK4PquesY

but i have the booklet and mine was plasticwrapped with the sticker that said the plumbus manual was inside imo

but you are missing that line of text under beth's feet correct? I think that is the defining feature of the fakes at this point

and yes, lets collect the fakes!! I do feel bad for all of those that have bought double-staple books for $250 on ebay in the last week if they turn out fake
Post 227 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
i still dont think its fake
Post 228 IP   flag post
we dont know if these are fake just cause they have 2 staple on them, they could have been published that way.
Post 229 IP   flag post
Collector Logan510 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

I used to believe in Santa Claus.
Post 230 IP   flag post

I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Why u gotta crush kaptainmyke's dreams, brah
Post 231 IP   flag post
Quote:
we dont know if these are fake just cause they have 2 staple on them, they could have been pushed that way.

That is true.

You have all the ingredients of a real one though. The line of text under her feet, high-definition print on the dvd, UV on the bluray (front/top), and a single staple book
Post 232 IP   flag post
Collector DocBrown private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster
Quote:
Occam's Razor

Ha! Me too, I thought it was a weird Zelda reference

It means that the hypothesis that requires the fewest assumptions is most likely to be true.

If you see a guy in a car with a ski mask, a gun, and a bag with a $ sign on it filled with loot, and a bank that was just robbed 2 blocks away, it's more likely that he is the robber, rather than, say, space aliens beamed down, took the form of that man, robbed the bank, then beamed the bag, gun, and mask to that guy to frame him.
Post 233 IP   flag post
Ya u should totes malotes that right over here so I can compare
Post 234 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan510
Quote:

Not anymore?

Post 235 IP   flag post
Collector TomD private msg quote post Address this user
this has gone sideways really quick I just want one to add to my collection once some one gets an authe tic graded one I will buy
Post 236 IP   flag post
i drove to 3 half priced books today. 1 had season 2, no insert inside, but i should add i did not ask the sales girl if the insert was with the discs behind the counter, it was season 2 so i didn't bother.

i'm just going to send mine off for grading meow. thought i'd wait and compare but i'm just going to bite the bullet and send this one off
Post 237 IP   flag post
No. Yours has a sticker blocking the feet where the fakes ones just don't have feet. No reason to be so hostile.

i will peel the sticker off when i get home, not been hostile. sorry if i came like that, i will end this and peel the sticker off when i get home tonight,we will see what behind the sticker.

ok so got home and can say that its not a sticker, it part of the printer box, no feet is real.

Post 238 IP   flag post
Confused.
Post 239 IP   flag post
Collector 1243782365 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

ok so got home and can say that its not a sticker, it part of the printer box, no feet is real.

Great. Thanks for sharing this.
Post 240 IP   flag post
Quote:

i'm just going to send mine off for grading meow. thought i'd wait and compare but i'm just going to bite the bullet and send this one off

It's a comic, and it exists, so I would imagine it will get encapsulated and graded either way. I would expect "bootleg" or something of the like on the label for the fakes.

Are you using a 2-day modern or standard sub through one of the companies?
Post 241 IP   flag post
Collector TomD private msg quote post Address this user
has anyone tried asking cbcs what there position is on this
Post 242 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
It's more of a leaflet than a comic book.
Post 243 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR BigRig private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan510
Quote:

Not anymore?

Santa isn't real??? Then who keeps leaving coal in my house?
Post 244 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
Quote:

It's a comic, and it exists, so I would imagine it will get encapsulated and graded either way. I would expect "bootleg" or something of the like on the label for the fakes.

Are you using a 2-day modern or standard sub through one of the companies?

I chose standard through cgc. I hope they will be able to distinguish between a real one

and a "fake" one.

Post 245 IP   flag post
I don't think they are any fake one, 1 or 2 staples, this is just they way they came out.

"jimmylinguini say the one whit no feet are fake"

but that's wrong I you can see from the one I bought

like the DVD box with feet and no feet just a printer error, that's all.

who keeps saying there fake, with nothing to show for it.

some one say there fake and everyone believe it, OMG
Post 246 IP   flag post

Post 247 IP   flag post
Collector Nino_013 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
I also noticed on my clear case that it has the hinges for an insert like the white ones have...take a look:

FWIW those clips arent for inserts but clips to hold optional disc holders.

Post 248 IP   flag post
@Scorpion there are fakes. The first generation boxes (like the one you have) are completely different then the second and subsequent generations boxes.

The comic only came in first generation boxes. Yet people are pulling double stable books out of boxes that look like second generation, and the disks are black writable dvds.

Seems really simple at this point, if you pull a comic out of a second generation box got yourself a fake, or *possibly a second printing that wasn't disclosed.

*Anyone pull a double staple work out of a second generation box and have a factory looking DVD?
Post 249 IP   flag post
Quote:
I don't think they are any fake one, 1 or 2 staples, this is just they way they came out.

"jimmylinguini say the one whit no feet are fake"

but that's wrong I you can see from the one I bought

like the DVD box with feet and no feet just a printer error, that's all.

who keeps saying there fake, with nothing to show for it.

some one say there fake and everyone believe it, OMG

Nothing to show for it? I made a video explaining it lol

The No feet, if you were following the thread, is pictured below. This is what the bootleg blu ray box looks like on the back.

Post 250 IP   flag post
why did i make two posts.
Post 251 IP   flag post
Collector joephizz private msg quote post Address this user
Has anybody out there had the above blu-ray cover (the one with no feet) but had a legit blu-ray inside.

If there are legitimate blu-rays with this cover then perhaps there is a two staple version of the comic that is also legitimate.

If every no-feet cover has a bootleg blu-ray in it then it stands to reason that the comic within would also be bootleg.

I'm also saying this as a two-staple version owner.
Post 252 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nino_013
FWIW those clips arent for inserts but clips to hold optional disc holders.

Brah. I know this. Disc holder inserts.
Post 253 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
The comic only came in first generation boxes. Yet people are pulling double stable books out of boxes that look like second generation, and the disks are black writable dvds.

My discs are not black. They are silvery. DVDery. Inside a clear box. These are not writable dvds imo.
Post 254 IP   flag post
Such hostility over fakes in this thread.

Mine is not fake. I don't think.
Post 255 IP   flag post
600890 498 30
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.