Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgeGrading Help NeededMovies TelevisionPop CultureQuestions

CGC says "GOOD MORTY" is 1st appearance now.4564

I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

Why?! CGC now is claiming the 2015 "Good Morty" mini brochure (that comes in random select season 1 dvd sets) is the true first appearance of Rick and Morty in comic books.

Now, the mini books are flying on ebay for $250-$300. clickable text
One even sold for $600! clickable text
This is not good. This is not a comic book. It's technically a mini brochure. It does not have a recognized comic book publisher (Good Morty Publications).

My Rick and Morty #1 first printing has the label from CBCS that states, "The first appearance of Rick and Morty in comic books" directly on the label.

Now what?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user
I suspect both comic & brochure retain vast monetary values. Can’t believe many actual comicbook collectors would want the stupid brochure, but it is what it is.
Post 2 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
great now i'm not even sure where i put my plumbus manual and good morty mini books.....
Post 3 IP   flag post
on my cgc #1 first printing cgc does not recognize this as being the first appearance....

on my cbcs #1s all of them state that is is the first appearance however:

Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector DocBrown private msg quote post Address this user
It's a tract. Good ol' Jack Chick.
Post 5 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
It opens like a comic book, it's stapled like a comic book, and it has comic drawings inside. Small comic or not, I'd have to say that's a comic dude 😬
Post 6 IP   flag post
Wut
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBrown
It's a tract. Good ol' Jack Chick.

Yup, I thought the same thing. Seen a million of those things.
Post 8 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
What is the first appearance of evil Morty in the comics?
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector robertofredrico private msg quote post Address this user
https://comicbookrealm.com/series/37587/0/rick-and-morty-the-good-morty-one-shot

Says 1st comic book appearance. ¯_(ツ)_/¯
Post 10 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@kaptainmyke You say "now" as if it is a recent phenomenon but, and I admit I haven't spent too much time looking into this, I can't find a single CGC-graded Rick and Morty #1 that says it is their first appearance. The earliest cgc copy I found was graded back in January and that doesn't say it's their first appearance.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Yes. I say, "now". I just woke up this morning to hear this news from my fellow peers. in 2 years, never was this brought up until "now".

I guess it's a good thing I sold all my CBCS 9.8s.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector KiloGraham private msg quote post Address this user
I saw one on eBay last night for $250 and was like 'wtf?'. Aren't they still included in the season 1 dvd set? Glad I got mine, if it's gradable I'm sending it in.
Post 13 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
wow CGC really Cronenberged the place right up. Just a bunch of Cronenbergs walkin around CGC right now.
Post 14 IP   flag post
They Jerry Smith'ed the comic book.
Post 15 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
They Jerry Smith'ed the comic book.

He's a good person!
Post 16 IP   flag post
but he's so mediocre
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
on my cgc #1 first printing cgc does not recognize this as being the first appearance....

on my cbcs #1s all of them state that is is the first appearance however:

You could write up a request for CGC in the "Label Update" thread on CGC's board.

Look at how the CGC boardie "Illustrious", requested some label updates on the first page of the thread.He provided proof with references,

I did the same with a book...I remember getting CGC to update labels on a book via a request in that thread a couple years back IIRC.

"1st Appearance Of Weird World In Comic Books
" , was the label update that my request received.

CGC previously had "1st Appearance Of Weird World" listed on the CGC labels of a magazine from a year or so, earlier than the comic I requested (and was granted) a label update for.

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/298163-label-updates/

FYI, I would not suggest using CBCS's label notes for this book.That will not work in your favor at all.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CopperAgeKids

FYI, I would not suggest using CBCS's label notes for this book.That will not work in your favor at all.

Elaborate.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector 1243782365 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Yes. I say, "now". I just woke up this morning to hear this news from my fellow peers. in 2 years, never was this brought up until "now".

CGC knew - they just choose not to tell anyone.

Which in itself is mind boggling.

When will CGC reveal why Captain Canuck #1 isn't the first appearance of Captain Canuck?
Post 20 IP   flag post
Collector robertofredrico private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmylinguini
When will CGC reveal why Captain Canuck #1 isn't the first appearance of Captain Canuck?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Captain-Canuck-1-CGC-9-0-VF-NM-BLUEFOX-Richard-Comely-Comix-CANADIAN-SUPERHERO-/292274885472?hash=item440cf0d360:g:CxEAAOSwl4lZzulG

¯_(ツ)_/¯
Post 21 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

Elaborate.

First off, a "Thanks for the tip", should have been what you started your reply with.

Not "Elaborate".

CGC does not allow discussion of CBCS, on CGC's forum.

This is pretty well known.

There is nothing else to "elaborate".

Other than applying common sense to the sentence I just posted and my prior post in this thread e.g. being polite & respectful...would be in your favor.

So yeah....

... instead of saying "Elaborate",in response to someone who took their own time to help you, and others reading this thread...

Common courtesy & common sense, would be in anyone's favor, when posting a label update request, as I suggested above.

Those two things should be used at all times, in all of anyone's interactions with other human beings.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Collector 1243782365 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertofredrico
Quote:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Captain-Canuck-1-CGC-9-0-VF-NM-BLUEFOX-Richard-Comely-Comix-CANADIAN-SUPERHERO-/292274885472?hash=item440cf0d360:g:CxEAAOSwl4lZzulG

¯_(ツ)_/¯

Looks like they changed the label info.
Thank you
Post 23 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

CGC knew - they just choose not to tell anyone.

Which in itself is mind boggling.

How do you know what CGC does, or does not, know?
Post 24 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloGraham
I saw one on eBay last night for $250 and was like 'wtf?'. Aren't they still included in the season 1 dvd set? Glad I got mine, if it's gradable I'm sending it in.

I'll let you know, I just ordered Rick And Morty: The Complete First Season. I'll get it on Friday.
Post 25 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Elaborate.

First off, a "Thanks for the tip", should have been what you started your reply with.

Not "Elaborate".

CGC does not allow discussion of CBCS, on CGC's forum.

This is pretty well known.

There is nothing else to "elaborate".

Other than applying common sense to the sentence I just posted and my prior post in this thread e.g. being polite & respectful...would be in your favor.

So yeah....

... instead of saying "Elaborate",in response to someone who took their own time to help you, and others reading this thread...

Common courtesy & common sense, would be in anyone's favor, when posting a label update request, as I suggested above.

Those two things should be used at all times, in all of anyone's interactions with other human beings.

I chose elaborate because I wanted to. I wasn't being disrespectful. I wanted you to tell me more. Which is why I said elaborate. You are quite the something else, mister man. I am being nice and not going to troll you as I have done in the past to others so I will take the high road on this one due to the new updated forum rules. Other than that, elaborate your way on up outta here.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector Logan510 private msg quote post Address this user
To be fair, a "please" would've been nice. Just sayin'.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Elaborate, please.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user

Post 29 IP   flag post
Captain Corrector CaptainCanuck private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

You are quite the something else, mister man.

This just made me lol pretty hard. If this phrase was used in a face to face argument, all parties involved would just laugh off their differences.
Post 30 IP   flag post
597866 498 30
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.