Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Signature VSPComics Bronze AgeComics Modern AgeComics Silver Age

What's in the box! 1st books back from CBCS!4560

Collector thelastbard private msg quote post Address this user
Color me impressed... Despite the wait - all the reasons we knew about and no concerns, I'm really happy with the customer service, and OH MY GOD the packaging... Seriously. Long history in freight here, so it's nice to see things done right. No fear of things getting damaged in transit with the excellent packaging.

Anywho... three boxes in the big box to go through. Obviously, I knew what I was getting, but it's still a giddy feeling to get them back in person. I've been collecting for decades, know my grades fairly well, so it was nice to see my personal collection has stood up fairly well (no pressing / cleaning). This was just my "tester" batch with CBCS. Things came up well!

Anyway, so take a looksie at some pics... I won't bore you with the details...

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector johnctan private msg quote post Address this user
Nice comics!
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector KCBatmanFan private msg quote post Address this user
Very nice. Great variety of books, and great results! I didn't realize 'Tec 850 was heating up a little.

I've never seen that IZombie variant. Love it!
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector GeeWiz private msg quote post Address this user
Congrats! I hope to see more of your submissions in the future
Post 4 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCBatmanFan
Very nice. Great variety of books, and great results! I didn't realize 'Tec 850 was heating up a little.

I've never seen that IZombie variant. Love it!

Yeah, the Detective 850, I had no clue on... I've had it sitting around and someone told me about it. As for the iZombie, I LOVE the cover. I saw it behind the counter at a comic shop when the book came out and had to get it.

Next submission in the works now is mostly witnessed signatures from SDCC. That will be fun!
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Jakernaught private msg quote post Address this user
Wow! Good stuff! Congrats! That ASM 569 is sick
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector ComicHaulics private msg quote post Address this user
Congrats on those awesome grades! Still waiting on our 1st submission to get graded. Fingers crossed!
Post 7 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
Nice books. I especially like black/dark covers that grade 9.8 by CBCS. Gotta get me one of those Harley Quinn's.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakernaught
Wow! Good stuff! Congrats! That ASM 569 is sick

@Jakernaught
I was VERY happy the ASM came back 9.8... I knew it was going to be 9.6 or 9.8... Didn't SEE anything that would ding it, but you never know.

@conditionfreak
On the BM Harley, I know what you mean on the black covers... I have two copies of the SpiderMan 9/11 tribute haunting me. One of them will grade high-ish and the other has some weird residue on it. I'm tempted to send them for press an clean, but I'm also tempted to hold for a good sig opportunity. I keep having Stan opportunities, but my last one went to Hulk 181 and Uncanny 101 (waiting for those to come back). Also have this little pipe dream of getting the Romita's to sign one or something. But, you know, that's $$$ I don't have to toss around right now. :P

The glares don't do these things justice... I know I can do better on the pics, but I was on a lunch break.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector Thanatos private msg quote post Address this user
Awesome haul, congrats on the grades!
Post 10 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelastbard

Watch it with that one. Folks around here are ready to jump on it the moment you let your guard down lol

Post 11 IP   flag post
@dielinfinite

ACK!!!! Nice sigs!!!!!!
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector Deadpoolica private msg quote post Address this user
Nice grades & books dude 🍻
Post 13 IP   flag post
@Deadpoolica and @Thanatos

Thanks! I have a lot of books I WANT to get graded, but this was the first batch I felt needed to get done. Out of 40-ish long boxes (more if I properly packed, I'm sure), I've gone through several times to see what I want to grade out of there (a couple of long boxes worth, ha ha). I'm always afraid to screw up runs, though, so I tend to pull out doubles in many cases or books I have trades of as well. Not always, but frequently. As I go through one of my big loves, Uncanny X-Men, I notice my early collection (where I started in 1986), I just want to buy slabbed copies in acceptable grades of certain issues, because mine just don't stack up in a lot of cases. What does an 11-year-old know about keeping comics in mint condition?
Post 14 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@thelastbard Thanks!
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector Doc_Cop private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for sharing. Love the Batgirl #1 cover and of course the Harley Quinn. Just dropped my first dozen books off to CBCS at the NY Comic Con. Hoping I get close to the same results you got. Nuff Said!
Post 16 IP   flag post
597963 16 16
This topic is archived. Start new topic?