Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS EventsCBCS GradedGrading Help NeededQuestions

CBCS Test4548

COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
@SuperSaiyanBlue are you wanting to send your friends books to CBCS to get certified (the books are graded and certified at tw CBCS office)

OR are you wanting to certify your friends books yourself? The second option is not possible for anyone to do.
Post 26 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
I think he may be thinking about being an AW, perhaps?
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector SuperSaiyanBlue private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
@SuperSaiyanBlue are you wanting to send your friends books to CBCS to get certified (the books are graded and certified at tw CBCS office)

OR are you wanting to certify your friends books yourself? The second option is not possible for anyone to do.

The First Option I know the secondis imposible.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthshaker01
@SuperSaiyanBlue wait a second, don't I get a personal thank you? Well that's it. No more 50% off.

I'm Sorry in México the people apologies for everything when is wrong.
Post 29 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
So, your first post was perfect written English. Now your posts are garbled, almost as if intentional. hmmm....my spider sense is tingling.
Post 30 IP   flag post

Quote:
Originally Posted by conditionfreak
So, your first post was perfect written English. Now your posts are garbled, almost as if intentional. hmmm....my spider sense is tingling.

No, my English is very bad, I have very troubles with write.
Post 31 IP   flag post
Collector Redshade private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CopperAgeKids
In conclusion, I am nominating the OP of this thread for the following "Award"...

Troll Poster Of The Month

Quote:
I train all the graders in most of the world. For a fee of 100.00 I can take you through the 12 week course. However, if you send 150.00 you don't have to take the course and I just send you a completed course certificate, and you can start grading immediately.

Quote:

And a warm welcome to you too.

The OP is a neophtye who is asking for help and whose first language is not English so why are you chaps giving him a hard time?
Post 32 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSaiyanBlue
Quote:

No, my English is very bad, I have very troubles with write.

My friend your English is very good and a lot better than our Spanish.
Post 33 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshade
Quote:
In conclusion, I am nominating the OP of this thread for the following "Award"...

Quote:
I train all the graders in most of the world. For a fee of 100.00 I can take you through the 12 week course. However, if you send 150.00 you don't have to take the course and I just send you a completed course certificate, and you can start grading immediately.

Quote:

The OP is a neophtye who is asking for help and whose first language is not English so why are you chaps giving him a hard time?

How do you know all of this?
Post 34 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshade
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

How do you know all of this?

I don't, but until otherwise informed I'll take him at his word.

It's called manners.
Post 35 IP   flag post
Uh huh

Have you thought about why this new poster asked his question on the CBCS web site?

Do a google search for "comic book grading" and the first thing that comes up is the CGC web site.

It's called naivete.
Post 36 IP   flag post
CBCS broke up with me over Facebook. CFP_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
This thread makes my head hurt.
Post 37 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
@CFP_Comics for 100.00 I also have a program to teach how to grade headaches on scale from 1 to 10, A 1 would be a poor headache, while anything above a 9.4 headache is rare and considered extreme.
Post 38 IP   flag post
CBCS broke up with me over Facebook. CFP_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Last headache test I went for was called an MRI.
Post 39 IP   flag post
Collector Savage_Spawn private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage_Spawn
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It's basically like being a chicken sexer. You look at the book and decide what it is.

How hard could that be to learn?

It's even easier if you have a ponytail.

I would guess that the pro graders would have a thick photo reference library as an aide.

A thick photo library.....of what?

I think not.

CBCS & CGC graders are hired based on, generally speaking, their ability to competently (which includes consistency, obviously) grade paper emphera.

If you need a visual aid of any sort to "assist" your ability to grade comics.....you are not even remotely experienced enough in this field, to even be considered for a position as a CBCS or CGC grader.

I have not applied to either CBCS or CGC for a Grader position, I just know this to be true.

If it were not true, than CBCS's and CGC's grading services would be worth no more than the cost of the materials used for encapsulation.

Interesting. I wouldn't use a visual aide exclusively, but why not use all tools available to be as thorough as possible during grading? I'd have multiple high quality pictures of full books at each grade and close ups of the multitude of potential various defects as well. Never hurts to have reference points for close calls.

A comic can't be accurately graded unless it is in hand.

A loupe, and a blacklight, are the tools needed to grade a book.

Two graders independently assign a book a grade. The head grader (third grader) than grades the book and assigns a finalized grade.

This is how it is done, at both CBCS and CGC.

Based on the vast knowledge you have exhibited in all your previous well written posts I hear you. Still seems like more is better, no matter how basic the reference is. For instance, let's say I'm scheduled for major (or even minor) surgery. I'd want my surgeon to have as many tools and references possible to achieve the most successful outcome possible.
Post 40 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
I also offer a surgeon certificate
Post 41 IP   flag post
Collector ONLINE_209 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
I also offer a surgeon certificate
do you also certify people in phrenology as well
Post 42 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It's basically like being a chicken sexer. You look at the book and decide what it is.

How hard could that be to learn?

It's even easier if you have a ponytail.

I would guess that the pro graders would have a thick photo reference library as an aide.

A thick photo library.....of what?

I think not.

CBCS & CGC graders are hired based on, generally speaking, their ability to competently (which includes consistency, obviously) grade paper emphera.

If you need a visual aid of any sort to "assist" your ability to grade comics.....you are not even remotely experienced enough in this field, to even be considered for a position as a CBCS or CGC grader.

I have not applied to either CBCS or CGC for a Grader position, I just know this to be true.

If it were not true, than CBCS's and CGC's grading services would be worth no more than the cost of the materials used for encapsulation.

Interesting. I wouldn't use a visual aide exclusively, but why not use all tools available to be as thorough as possible during grading? I'd have multiple high quality pictures of full books at each grade and close ups of the multitude of potential various defects as well. Never hurts to have reference points for close calls.

A comic can't be accurately graded unless it is in hand.

A loupe, and a blacklight, are the tools needed to grade a book.

Two graders independently assign a book a grade. The head grader (third grader) than grades the book and assigns a finalized grade.

This is how it is done, at both CBCS and CGC.

Based on the vast knowledge you have exhibited in all your previous well written posts I hear you. Still seems like more is better, no matter how basic the reference is. For instance, let's say I'm scheduled for major (or even minor) surgery. I'd want my surgeon to have as many tools and references possible to achieve the most successful outcome possible.

Thanks, but you may be giving me a bit too much credit.

Either way, there are only so many tools that can used, to accurately grade a book.

CBCS and CGC have flatbed black light scanners, for instance.

That, and a high end loupe, is all that can be used to grade a book.

In conjunction with a second grader,who grades the book indepentently, neither of the two graders knows how the other grader called the book.

So you have 2 well experienced graders independently grading a book with the best tools available.

Than the head grader, finalizes the grade.

Grading comics to an extent is subjective, that is why both CBCS and CGC have 3 graders, in total, grade a book.

Major,or minor, surgery.....is comparable, to a certain extent but not in the sense you referenced.

If one is undergoing surgery, there is no time to pull out reference guides.

The "reference guide" is ingrained in the surgeons' mind.
Similarly, such a "reference guide" for a grader, is all stored in his brain, stemming from experience.

Surgery is more elaborate, so an assisting surgeon acts as a reference guide, of sorts.

The head surgeon has to know precisely what he is doing, having to have to resort to a reference guide during a heart transplant could result in the death of the patient.

Similarly, a (pre) grader who has to use anything other than his trained eyes, a loupe and a blacklight...will result in an inaccurate grade being assigned.

That is also why a surgeon (or head geader) has a full surgical team (or 2 pre-graders) assisting him.

Of course the surgeon has the latest medical technology at his disposal, as well.

Just as CBCS and CGC graders have the most high end of tools available to them.

But like I said, there are only so many tools (a loupe and a blacklight) that a Grader can utilize, other than his trained eye /experience.
Post 43 IP   flag post
597882 43 18
This topic is archived. Start new topic?