Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user

The new trailer for The Runaways on Hulu. I think it looks pretty good, from what little there is to see.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector nikki666666 private msg quote post Address this user
@dielinfinite my cousin Gregg is one of the Runaways in it. he plays the part of Chase Stein.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector NilesPaine private msg quote post Address this user
I'm with it!!! Looks better than Inhumans thats for sure. Im thinking I need to get my hands on this now before it goes up up and away!!
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector neyko private msg quote post Address this user
And what's the show with the Muties on the run with their parents?
Post 4 IP   flag post
The Gifted
Post 5 IP   flag post
New Trailer! Launches November 21st!
Post 6 IP   flag post
Episodes 1-3 are up on Hulu. I just finished episode 1 and it’s really solid. The actors are all very good though the tone is a little darker than I was expecting. It’s mostly angsty high school teen stuff, which makes sense given the characters are all teenagers dealing with a recent loss, which I think was added for the show. But still, it’s all well done and doesn’t feel especially gratuitus or overly forced like a cheesy teen drama. The first episode sort of builds up to where the comic begins.

So far it’s pretty faithful to the book with most of the characters sticking very close to their comic book counterparts. I think the biggest change so far has been with Molly, who has been aged up a little so she’s closer in age to the rest but still the youngest of the group. I’m also fairly sure that as an MCU show, she won’t be called a mutant, nor will she run into Wolverine later as she did in the comics. She is also made an orphan and adopted sister of Gertrude. Not sure why exactly, though maybe it was just to cut doen the cast a little since it would make for 2 fewer members of the Pride.

Like I said, very good so far, especially after the mediocrity of the Inhumans.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Just finished episode 2. Most of the episode was retelling the previous episode from the point of view of the parents. They’re almost all up to something shifty, which is no surprise. The tone actually felt a bit lighter since it wasn’t dealing with angsty teenagers for the most part. Still waiting for them to actually runaway but it remains solid.
Post 8 IP   flag post
600449 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?