Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgePop Culture

Zipper: Cosmic Jungle in Oct Previews4541

Collector thelastbard private msg quote post Address this user
So, in another thread, I just let the cat out of the bag... I mentioned that I'm the writer of the book. If you're curious about it, here's some info!

It's one of three projects I'm working on with Gene Simmons (a cool guy and total comic geek, actually), two of which are making their rounds in Previews now - last month Gene Simmons' Dominatrix: Hellbent in Heels #1 was solicited for a November release. There's a third series coming soon.

You can read the solicit info below, but Zipper is a crazy sci-fi adventure, introducing a bunch of new characters who didn't appear in previous volumes. I'm expanding upon his homeworld, Etheria, and bringing in creatures / elements from other universes for reasons you'll see as the story develops. Also, I'm getting into the heart of what makes Zipper tick - his quest for individuality and identity - but also the very impact of that quest on those who were left behind on Etheria when he went on his first jaunt to Earth way back in 2007 (IDW's Zipper). There's a nice recap of the original events, so you don't even need to read it to know what's going on, though it is an entertaining read, too... Nor do you need read my first foray into Gene's mind... errr.... creations... Zipper vs Dominatrix: The Slave Trade from a few years ago. Again, crazy fun, but this is a jumping on point.

Art is AMAZING!!! Alex Aguilar is a new find! He just made his US deput a few weeks ago in the Millarworld 2017 Annual if anyone picked it up. Check out some pages below... If he doesn't end up working for a major publisher after this project, I will be SHOCKED.

https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/OCT171161

ZIPPER COSMIC JUNGLE #1 (of 3)
WRITER: Erik Hendrix
ARTIST: Alex Aguilar
DESCRIPTION: From the mind of the iconic Gene Simmons! Return to the world of Zipper - an alien trapped on Earth fights his way home to Etheria. In his absence, he has become a symbol of hope for a group of freedom fighters, fleeing the global Collective. Is Zipper ready to play savior to these dissidents against the tyrannical Old Ones and threats from outside their very universe? His life depends on it.
PUBLISHER: Arcana Studio
DIAMOND PREVIEWS CODE: OCT171161
RELEASE MONTH: December

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Truly nice artwork - cannot comment on the story though
Post 2 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
Truly nice artwork - cannot comment on the story though

Ha ha, thanks. You're a peach. I know, it's not a lot to go on with the story. The artists I'm working with have been pretty darned inspired, but what does that tell you? I don't know!

Do it.... Doooooo it.....

Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Lunarshade private msg quote post Address this user
This looks pretty cool!
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Tdog13 private msg quote post Address this user
Looks very cool. Nice to see some creators here in the forums.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdog13
Looks very cool. Nice to see some creators here in the forums.

I was a collector LONG before I was a creator! Have some books coming back from CBCS next week.
Post 6 IP   flag post
600642 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?