Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Graded

X-men gold error book?4523

I’m not an ant. I’m a rootin tootin Hornet! Zombie_Head private msg quote post Address this user
I was at my LCS today and he was unpacking his books and I noticed something fishy about one of the books. The owner was going to take it as a loss and return it but I told him I would buy it at cover price. What do you think smart move or is this book not worth anything now? First is the original cover the way it should look and the second is the error book. Thx for comments or opinions. Also can I get this graded and if so how would the label look.

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector ZosoRocks private msg quote post Address this user
Looks like a shift in the cut of the virgin cover and then printed with the formalities.

Of you look at the "n" in X-Men...you'll notice the shift in the background has been to the left, to include "Mojo"(?).

I also noticed the variation in the title line.

Cool.
Post 2 IP   flag post
I’m not an ant. I’m a rootin tootin Hornet! Zombie_Head private msg quote post Address this user
The right side is actually cut off so the book is narrower than the top one. Quote:
Originally Posted by ZosoRocks
Looks like a shift in the cut of the virgin cover and then printed with the formalities.

Of you look at the "n" in X-Men...you'll notice the shift in the background has been to the left, to include "Mojo"(?).

I also noticed the variation in the title line.

Cool.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector DocBrown private msg quote post Address this user
It's just a miscut.
Post 4 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
I'm assuming you could trim that first book and make it exactly like the second book.

Hard to believe ALL pages were accidentally cut short though, in the production process. Some should be sticking out further than others.
Post 5 IP   flag post
That's how it came straight out of the box from diamond.
Post 6 IP   flag post
The owner was going to claim it and destroy it but I told him I would buy it. I think it's a neat find.
Post 7 IP   flag post
I agree it is but a very bad one it's a lot narrower than the other. Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBrown
It's just a miscut.
Post 8 IP   flag post
The more I look at it, it would seem the "cut cover" would be smaller, but apparently it just looks to be just resized.

Notice how the spine side in both books, stays the same.

One could even suggest that the picture on the "oversized" cover was an adjustment to the printing process and not cut at all.
Post 9 IP   flag post
I love errors and manufacturing defects, because some can be soooo cool to figure out how the error occurred, but yet, still made it out into the wild.

They should be investment items like coins, but sadly, they aren't, thus we collectors are probably far and few between within the industry.
Post 10 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie_Head
I agree it is but a very bad one it's a lot narrower than the other. Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBrown
It's just a miscut.

Regardless, it's a cool book to own. I would have done the same thing, nice pickup 🍺
Post 11 IP   flag post
598065 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?