Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Silver AgeQuestions

Help me with a grade4451

Collector TomD private msg quote post Address this user
I have an oppurtunity to buy an avengers 1 its not graded and its in rough shape i want to be fair and pay market value not trying to take advantage of anyone. The book has heavy wear. A mouse was chewing on it too what do you guys think

Post 1 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Leaning toward fair or fair/good so 1 to 1.5.
Probably closer to 1
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Deadpoolica private msg quote post Address this user
1-1.8
Post 3 IP   flag post
that's what I was thinking as well its complete but very rough still a cool book to won at least i want an idea of what to offer on it
Post 4 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
F+
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Deadpoolica private msg quote post Address this user
Yep
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector 50AE_DE private msg quote post Address this user
Fair/Good (1.5)
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector shiftins6 private msg quote post Address this user
Is the book complete? Centerfold attached? What does the back cover look like? Either staple attached?
Post 8 IP   flag post
everything is there and yes it is still attached no rusty staples no cut outs its complete and the back cover looks the same as the front basically mirrors its condition
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
I'm thinking 1.5 tops.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
1.0 with checkmark
Post 11 IP   flag post
Does your book look worse than this?

Post 12 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
@TomD Its a rough book but I think people are forgetting the amount of damage a book can have at 1.0. Yours is a 1.8-2.0 IMO

If you can pay 1.0-1.5 money, I think you'll do very well 👍🏻
Post 13 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftins6
Does your book look worse than this?

very very close to that edges have a little more chipping or in a few spots mouse attack
Post 14 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

And someone needs to put the comic book down, wash their hands like 5 times with some orange pumice cleaner, and get that dirt outta the fingernails.... then come back and handle comic books. Preferably with latex gloves.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector Scorpion private msg quote post Address this user
nails 1.5 dirt in them , black not cut well.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector Scorpion private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomD
I have an oppurtunity to buy an avengers 1 its not graded and its in rough shape i want to be fair and pay market value not trying to take advantage of anyone. The book has heavy wear. A mouse was chewing on it too what do you guys think

how much are they asking???
Post 17 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke

And someone needs to put the comic book down, wash their hands like 5 times with some orange pumice cleaner, and get that dirt outta the fingernails.... then come back and handle comic books. Preferably with latex gloves.

I never touched the book just an fyi its in the bag still that was for a friend to see if it can be pressed out to present a little better. When I actually handle my books i have clean hands. Sorry for being a guy that works in the mud. The pictures were taken on different days. Thanks for your concern.
Post 18 IP   flag post
I'd say from what I can see that its a 2.0 book. I'd need to see the extent of the rodent damage to make my decision final.
Post 19 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
1.8 / 2.0
Post 20 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
It might press out to a 2.0 or 2.5
Post 21 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
It might press out to a 2.0 or 2.5

Agree! I think a good press would snag at least a solid 2.0
Post 22 IP   flag post
600771 22 22
This topic is archived. Start new topic?