Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Pop CultureQuestions

Batman Day 20174437

Collector Zombiebigfoot private msg quote post Address this user
Had a quick question for everyone. My LCS had 3 different Batman/Harley freebies today.

When I asked if they had the other books for today I was told that these were the only copies they had. (Here's the other books I'm referring to, except the DK Returns homage obviously).

Does anyone know if the other books were only available through certain distributors or exclusives for different online stores?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Wow. I want some of those.

Specifically:

Batman #1 swipe
Killing Joke swipe
Dark Knight Returns #1 swipe
Detective #38 swipe

If anyone has those four for sale, I'm definitely interested.
Post 2 IP   flag post
@00slim
No kidding! I was looking forward to picking all of these up, ESPECIALLY the Killing Joke cover. As soon as these were advertised I was sooo freakin' excited! Unfortunately the owner of my lcs was limited to just 50 copies each of the first 3 I listed, so at least I was able to grab the DK Returns cover. Small victories I guess.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector NilesPaine private msg quote post Address this user
Mine only had the three and a Marvel previews with some of the new comics dropping for Legacy. Falcon actually looks great. Hulk seemed to be Cho hulk still. Cable is actually a good read and the art is great.

I checked the old bay and I haven’t seen any of the others pop up.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Sirtoddington private msg quote post Address this user
Midtown had the first 3 free online. I snagged those. the bottom grouping I forgot to check on.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtoddington
Midtown had the first 3 free online. I snagged those. the bottom grouping I forgot to check on.

Nothin at Midtown just checked
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilesPaine
Quote:

there was a link at the top that had Batman Day.

http://www.midtowncomics.com/store/search.asp?q=batman_day_2017
Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilesPaine
Quote:

there was a link at the top that had Batman Day.

http://www.midtowncomics.com/store/search.asp?q=batman_day_2017

My mistake I saw those I meant the other covers. And if they didn’t have um I wonder if they are real. And if they are a free book will probably shoot up in price quickly!
Post 8 IP   flag post
The thing is, these "Free" books are not free for the store. They have to pay for them.

My little LCS only allows their customers to pick one when they do giveaways like this. I wish we could grab all of them, but, I understand.

I wonder, though, if the other covers are real. They aren't on e-bay yet, & if Midtown doesn't have them, they probably aren't incentive covers.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector vacaboca private msg quote post Address this user
My LCS said those weren't actually released, I guess retailers are mad about it... I know I'm not happy, I wanted all of those covers!

They'll probably use them for another purpose or release.

Edited for autocorrect weirdness - I wasn't "big happy" I was "not happy"
Post 10 IP   flag post
I think the bottom images are just for promotional use. there's literally nothing anywhere suggesting those are in fact actual covers.
Post 11 IP   flag post
All the news articles I’m reading said there were only 3 covers. I’ll bet they saw the $$ they could make off those others and said hmmmm?? Or I wonder if it’s some sort of funny contractual thing or maybe the artists refuse to have their covers re released?? Who knows but I’ll pay $20+ for that killing joke cover!
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector VaComicsGuy private msg quote post Address this user
So, none of the LCS's in my area did anything for Batman day. Well, one said they were having a sale on Batman back issues and if you bought $50, they were giving one free comic. None of them had any of the free books. Two bookstores (Barnes and Noble and 2nd and Charles) were having Batman day activities (coloring, face painting, costumes,get your mug shot taken. . . ). Both stores were also giving away FOUR free books. 2nd and Charles was giving away copies of the Batman masks that Midtown has and they were also running a sale on all back issues = buy 5 get 5 free.
Pic attached- sorry for the quality. Not sure how WW, figures into Batman day, but both stores had it available today as a giveaway.
If anyone got any of the books ZombieBigFoot posted, I'll love to get copies / have extras of the 4 books I can trade.
Post 13 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

2017 DC Comics BATMAN DAY #1 Special NEWSSTAND EDITION!

2017 DC Comics HARLEY QUINN SPECIAL -
BATMAN DAY #1 Special NEWSSTAND EDITION!

2017 DC Comics DC SUPERHERO GIRLS BATMAN DAY #1 Special NEWSSTAND EDITION!
Post 14 IP   flag post
He sounds like a vegan who wants real mayonnaise to be vegan friendly. Instant_Subtitles private msg quote post Address this user
Ugh! I was totally looking forward to this. But atop of dealing with a group of people who used their "friend" status as an excuse to attack me on Facebook just because I called the person by a nickname... I rented out my car. So not only did I miss out on this, I may have missed out on getting the Hush variant as well.
Post 15 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

Post 16 IP   flag post
Thanks for the feedback everybody! Like 00slim mentioned my LCS also limited everyone to 1 copy per customer as well. That's cool too; a lot of families came in with their little ones & were able to let them pick a comic out PLUS either a Batman or Harley mask, which was fun for them. Just hope the other issues will become available in the near future. Again, thanks you guys! 👍🏼
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector thelastbard private msg quote post Address this user
I read before the event that some of the artwork was for promoting the event, posters for stores (the fold-up kind that comes with store event materials, etc), but it seems more like they may have used them for digital promoting instead... Weird... It certainly does seem like a missed opportunity. But, as people are saying, maybe they'll use some of them at another time, next year, etc...
Post 18 IP   flag post
Well, if they use the Killing Joke swipe in the future, I hope they do the classic costume as well for a variant.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector DocBrown private msg quote post Address this user
Those are all cool. Hope they end up existing. Harley's the greatest Bat creation of the last 50 years. Yeah, I know what I'm saying.

I just wish they'd keep her as a blonde. I don't like the red/black combo.
Post 20 IP   flag post
600646 20 20
This topic is archived. Start new topic?