Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Graded

New Message Board Atmosphere4399

Collector DocBrown private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertofredrico
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBrown
Just the fact that this needs to be said out loud is bad enough.

Do you actually speak while your typing?

Can't tell whether you're being serious or not, so I'll answer as if you are: It's a figure of speech. It means "this should be how we operate as a matter of course, these kinds of things shouldn't even need to be discussed, and the fact that we are demonstrates the severity of the underlying issues."
Post 51 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Post 52 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

Post 53 IP   flag post
Collector Mef private msg quote post Address this user

Post 54 IP   flag post
Collector DocBrown private msg quote post Address this user

Post 55 IP   flag post

I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Wow! Some people just can't help picking at scabs. I knew the thread was getting locked but was surprised to get the last post before the thread got the hook.
Post 56 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user
It's sot of like Fight Club. The first rule about locked threads is...don't start a new thread about locked threads.
Post 57 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
TESTING
Post 58 IP   flag post
Collector det_tobor private msg quote post Address this user
For real??
Post 59 IP   flag post
TESTING MORE
Post 60 IP   flag post
Collector EngineJoe private msg quote post Address this user
Wish I read this pre 1st post lol. Would probably have made a few more buddies at the get go..
Post 61 IP   flag post
Collector Sqeggs private msg quote post Address this user
Is there a CBCS census yet?
Post 62 IP   flag post
Collector RRO private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sqeggs
Can a Matt Baker's cover sell a book?
Post 63 IP   flag post
Collector Gabriel85301 private msg quote post Address this user
I want to know if we can create a "Frequently Asked Question" Thread that can be added on a consistent basis, "quoting" some of the users, so it just doesn't seem as if all the moderators have all the answers like they probably do. This would bring some type of legitimacy that it's not just CBCS mods creating/inputing on the FAQ, but also legit individuals who stand behind the CBCS brand.

What do you all say?
Post 64 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel85301
I want to know if we can create a "Frequently Asked Question" Thread that can be added on a consistent basis, "quoting" some of the users, so it just doesn't seem as if all the moderators have all the answers like they probably do. This would bring some type of legitimacy that it's not just CBCS mods creating/inputing on the FAQ, but also legit individuals who stand behind the CBCS brand.

What do you all say?

Yo Gabriel. First off, you are more than welcome to start that type of thread. The problem that I foresee is it getting off topic and end up being 12-15 pages long and becoming an ineffective resource. That is why the pinned FAQ thread is locked. Secondly, I would be more than willing to add a "Contributed by" section in the existing FAQ thread. If anyone, at anytime, has anything to offer, I'd gladly add it and give them credit. Just drop me a pm.

Both options are viable. I could be wrong about an open FAQ getting off topic. Like I stated, you are more than welcome to go for it.
Post 65 IP   flag post
Collector stanley1883 private msg quote post Address this user
hello world. im back from a self imposed inadvertent exile. im Stanley1883, im assuming know some of you, someone catch me up please. its been like a year. whats new, and why is the evil empires chat forum not working for me? thanks in advance
Post 66 IP   flag post
TESTING

Post 67 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sqeggs
Can a Matt Baker's cover sell a book?

If anyone's cover can sell a book it is Matt Baker's:

Post 68 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
It's gotten very delete heavy in the last couple hours. Worries me.
Post 69 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@Studley_Dudley I had interpreted any posts about the CGC discount as advertising their services regardless of how it was posted. I erred on the side of caution. Steve Ricketts has since decided that it will be allowed.
Post 70 IP   flag post
@Jesse_O thanks Jesse! I'm actually really wanting to delve into this topic when I get home from work.
Post 71 IP   flag post
Collector TimBildhauser private msg quote post Address this user
Discussing it is one thing but the ad itself doesn't have to be posted to do that.
Post 72 IP   flag post
Collector BabaLament private msg quote post Address this user
@Jesse_O @Studley_Dudley I saw that & didn’t know what to think. Despite my current level of consternation regarding various issues, my opinion that CBCS has the best end product of the two main & three well known grading companies remains unchanged.

Frankly, I don’t see CBCS slabs being sent in to receive Newton Rings.

Now where did I put those PGX slabs...

...oh, right; didn’t buy any in the first place.
Post 73 IP   flag post
Collector RyanHicks private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimBildhauser
Discussing it is one thing but the ad itself doesn't have to be posted to do that.

I just posted a new post about it; Tim, Jesse or Ricketts, feel free to delete my quoting of the original email if you would like
Post 74 IP   flag post
Collector Kav private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
I want to personally thank everyone who contributes to the CBCS message board. Without all of you, these boards would not exist and we appreciate the members of our community.

The members of the CBCS Team appreciate feedback from our customers, including criticism. Our goal is to improve in some aspect every day. Without knowing what we’re doing right (and wrong) we would not be able to achieve this goal.

As many have noticed, the atmosphere on the CBCS boards has become less than inviting lately.
Post 75 IP   flag post
Collector Kav private msg quote post Address this user
Just my 2 cents-I havent been back here in quite a long time-I got a warning for something silly and had no interest in posting or reading this forum anymore if that helps.
Post 76 IP   flag post
Sorry your sensibilities were hurt. You have some good insights. I see some of them across the street but I don't stay over there too often for time's sake.
Post 77 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@figment Feel free not to use CBCS but they did not deem your signatures forgeries, they were unable to authenticate them and there is a difference
Post 78 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Saw this post updated so I started reading a bit... this place used to be a bit of a circus... as frustrating as it was, actually kind of miss it 😁
Post 79 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
I feel the need to bump this thread again so those who may not be familiar with it have an opportunity to review the first post. Even those who are familiar may want to give it another read just to make sure it's fresh.

I hope you all have a great weekend!
Post 80 IP   flag post
597988 121 30