CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Graded

New Message Board Atmosphere4399

COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
My takeaway from this is that Superman can beat up the Hulk
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector antoniofett private msg quote post Address this user
@SteveRicketts is right. At the end of the day we're all just collectors!
Post 27 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
@SteveRicketts Put me down for about 1000 likes....

@JLS_Comics Which Superman? Vs which Hulk? The power level of both have varied greatly over the years.

The John Byrne's 1986/1987 Superman wouldn't have stood a chance against the 2007 Hulk from the World War Hulk period. But the Superman that has been around the longest - the guy that would fly through the Sun to clean his suit - wouldn't have much trouble with the Hulk that's been around the longest.
Post 28 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JWKyle private msg quote post Address this user
A better match up would be cosmic Aunt May VS Mr. Fixet Hulk
Post 29 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@no1lufcfan Hey! I just came back from a trip to Ireland...my first time there....beautiful country steeped in history, culture and art!! Great people to be found everywhere I went. I was in Galway the day after the great Hurling victory! I've been to many countries in Europe and Ireland ranks as one of my favorite places if not right at the top....Dublin is magnificent as well!!
Post 30 IP   flag post

I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
@no1lufcfan Hey! I just came back from a trip to Ireland...my first time there....beautiful country steeped in history, culture and art!! Great people to be found everywhere I went. I was in Galway the day after the great Hurling victory! I've been to many countries in Europe and Ireland ranks as one of my favorite places if not right at the top....Dublin is magnificent as well!!

Went there on vacation last year. Beautiful country with lots of sheep (with spray paint on their sides). Took a day or so to get used to driving there (drive on the left side, steering wheel is on the right). The narrowest two-way roads I have ever seen! I really enjoyed the Paleolithic drawings and structures, the people, and even the food. Guinness for everyone!
Post 31 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

Went there on vacation last year. Beautiful country with lots of sheep (with spray paint on their sides). Took a day or so to get used to driving there (drive on the left side, steering wheel is on the right). The narrowest two-way roads I have ever seen! I really enjoyed the Paleolithic drawings and structures, the people, and even the food. Guinness for everyone!

Ha! Saw the same sheep! and yes, the driving took a little getting used to....I had an Irish coffee in the oldest pub in Ireland (possibly all of Europe), I'm told its over a thousand years old...its called the "Hole in the Wall"...its super small but charming as hell!! Being from Canada it was a pleasant surprise to see our flag in there, LOL!!

Post 32 IP   flag post
Collector no1lufcfan private msg quote post Address this user
@GAC Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

I’m so glad that you enjoyed your trip to the Emerald Isle as it really has so much to offer. Although I was born in the UK both my parents and two of my brothers and sisters were all born in the little village that we have retired to and we absolutely love it……well except fer the frigging rain…it just not stop but hey that’s why the country is so green

Post 33 IP   flag post
Quote:

Now lads sure its only ye eegits from across the pond and that other lot in Europe that drive on the WRONG side of the road

And of course the sheep have different colours of paint on them….to tell the farmers which is theirs…helloooooooo
Post 34 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1lufcfan
Quote:

Now lads sure its only ye eegits from across the pond and that other lot in Europe that drive on the WRONG side of the road

And of course the sheep have different colours of paint on them….to tell the farmers which is theirs…helloooooooo

Hey, I never said the "wrong" side of the road - you did! lol

And I did figure out the different spray paint on the sheep for different owners. I believe we use an ear tag system in the states. It did seem odd to us tourists to see sheep spray-painted all different colors, though.
Post 35 IP   flag post
Collector Redshade private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Hey, I never said the "wrong" side of the road - you did! lol

And I did figure out the different spray paint on the sheep for different owners. I believe we use an ear tag system in the states. It did seem odd to us tourists to see sheep spray-painted all different colors, though.

Post 36 IP   flag post
@no1lufcfan

Seeing as you are Leeds United Football Club's greatest supporter I wonder if you've ever visited here :

There is one pub in Ireland that dates to 900 AD but this is not only the oldest pub in the UK but also the oldest with its original building.

"According to the Guinness Book of World Records this Bardsey, North Leeds England pub is the oldest in Britain. Though officially records show it opened in 953 AD, there’s evidence it goes back to 905 AD.

It was originally called the Priest Inn because it was on the path between two large abbeys and was frequently used by weary monks to grab a bite and a pint, maybe even a night’s rest, while on their way to one of them.

Today the building, almost completely original, houses the same traditional pub and the same centuries-old Dutch oven used for baking bread".
.bucketlistbars.com/news-articles2/107-5-oldest-bars-in-the-world
Post 37 IP   flag post
@Redshade Never had the privilege of visiting Bardsey sad to say, as it seems wonderful, appreciate the info

Following Leeds United (although we lived in Swindon,Wilts which is 3½ hour drive so 7 hour round trip just in driving alone) over the years took me all over the UK and when we were in the Champions League back in 2000/2001 a group of us just for a few days/nights went away to 1860 Munich, Barcelona, Milan, Real Madrid, Lazio, Anderlecht, Deportivo La Coruña and Valencia I only missed out on the away game at Beşiktaş J.K. in Turkey.……great memories
Post 38 IP   flag post
Collector Jeremy_K private msg quote post Address this user
but what about them Dutch Ovens? What'you know about that
Post 39 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy_K

Sure now I'm half Irish so wots a Dutch oven 😂😂😂
Post 40 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy_K

Sure now I'm half Irish so wots a Dutch oven 😂😂😂

"A brick or clay oven traditionally built into the side of a kitchen hearth or as a free-standing structure outside a house".

Although I've just looked it up and it is also US slang for farting in bed.
Post 41 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshade
Although I've just looked it up and it is also US slang for farting in bed.

...and trapping your bedfellow under the sheets in with it. Hence the "oven"
Post 42 IP   flag post
Collector RexMuff private msg quote post Address this user
I’m lovin’ this new atmosphere!😂🥃
Post 43 IP   flag post
Collector Jeremy_K private msg quote post Address this user
When a long standing sales thread has been going can we flag are own posts to be deleted for stuff that has already been sold to remove some clutter?
Post 44 IP   flag post
Collector DocBrown private msg quote post Address this user
If the serial "liking" of negative and hostile comments towards others could be addressed...not just comments that disagree with someone's point, but comments about the PERSON...it would be very much appreciated. If someone says "so and so is a jerk", everyone who thinks so and so is a jerk doesn't need to come along and "like" that comment.

It's just another form of the simmering hostility that these changes were meant to address.

Thanks.
Post 45 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBrown
If the serial "liking" of negative and hostile comments towards others could be addressed...not just comments that disagree with someone's point, but comments about the PERSON...it would be very much appreciated. If someone says "so and so is a jerk", everyone who thinks so and so is a jerk doesn't need to come along and "like" that comment.

It's just another form of the simmering hostility that these changes were meant to address.

Thanks.

If someone gets called a jerk and the mods let it stand without discipline, and many people like it, maybe it's left there so that someone might stop being a jerk. It would certainly make me stop and think about my posting if that happened to me. I don't think they regularly leave up personal insults like that though.

Mods handing out strikes, warnings, or suspensions over what someone "liked" is more than a bit extreme, that would be some hardcore over-moderating
Post 46 IP   flag post
No.

1. Read the original post by Steve Ricketts. Disagreeing with someone isn't license to react with hostility to them.

2. This isn't military school, and there isn't a hierarchy of members here. It is not your place...nor is it my place...nor is it any member's place...to attempt to shame people into conforming with how you, or I, or any other member THINKS someone else should behave. That's what moderation is for. You're not a moderator. Neither am I. "Stop being a jerk" according to whose definition...? Mine? Yours? Would you accept MY definition of "being a jerk"? If not, that proves the point, does it not?

3. Who said anything about handing out strikes, warnings, or suspensions? How about just saying "Don't abuse the like system to "send a message" to people you don't like. It's just not necessary."

Here's a revolutionary suggestion: how about people self-moderate, not react like scorned lovers, and just leave the personal posts alone...? Is it really that difficult to just exercise some self-control and let the hostile comments pass without "liking" them? "Hear hear!" and "I agree, so and so IS a jerk!!" isn't acceptable; "liking" those comments is just another manifestation of that attitude, the attitude that led to people changing their avatars to "silently protest."

This shouldn't even need to be said to a group of ostensible adults. It's basic courtesy and social decorum.

Don't feed the hostility. Simple.
Post 47 IP   flag post
Collector Logan510 private msg quote post Address this user
If someone gets called a jerk and the mods let it stand without discipline, and many people like it, maybe it's left there so that someone might stop being a jerk. It would certainly make me stop and think about my posting if that happened to me. I don't think they regularly leave up personal insults like that though.

Mods handing out strikes, warnings, or suspensions over what someone "liked" is more than a bit extreme, that would be some hardcore over-moderating

This + infinity.

#growathickerskin
Post 48 IP   flag post
It has nothing to do with "growing a thicker skin." That's a false argument. What you're actually suggesting is "you let me get my digs and jabs in wherever I think I can get away with it, and you keep quiet about it."

Just the fact that this needs to be said out loud is bad enough.
Post 49 IP   flag post
Collector robertofredrico private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Do you actually speak while your typing?
Post 50 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertofredrico
Quote:

Do you actually speak while your typing?

Can't tell whether you're being serious or not, so I'll answer as if you are: It's a figure of speech. It means "this should be how we operate as a matter of course, these kinds of things shouldn't even need to be discussed, and the fact that we are demonstrates the severity of the underlying issues."
Post 51 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Post 52 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

Post 53 IP   flag post
Collector Mef private msg quote post Address this user

Post 54 IP   flag post

Post 55 IP   flag post
600916 121 30