Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgeQuestions

Turn Around Times?4364

If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
@shiftins6 What gems did you submit that were worthy of holding up the queue on my sweet 9.8s?
Post 51 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
@shiftins6 What gems did you submit that were worthy of holding up the queue on my sweet 9.8s?

We all know that my comics are important, and everyone else's aren't.
Post 52 IP   flag post
Maybe the submitter wasn't expecting a 5.5. I certainly wasn't expecting this when I submitted it to be graded:

Post 53 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

15 copies of Youngblood #1. I'm gonna make dozens of dollars! Dozens!
Post 54 IP   flag post
That reminds me. I do have have some X-Force #1s I want to submit.
Post 55 IP   flag post

Collector shiftins6 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

None. I won't wait 6 months for a stupid comic.
Post 56 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatchaman
"You are being unreasonable"

Yeah, right. In your eyes.

Regardless of what YOU want to believe and/or support, this comes down to customer service by CBCS. This will leave a sour taste in just more than my mouth on this transaction. CBCS has already expressed that they don't care and we will "get it when we get it". Do you really think that is going to keep some customers or even drum up new one? This could start a boycott.

Six months is twice as long as it should be. This kind of timeline would just encourage people to either seek other providers and/or just buy them already graded.

Regardless of what they LCS chose, it is now upon CBCS taking a lot longer than normal. They have had excuse after excuse as to why it keeps getting more delayed after the normal time for this.

I have reached out to you more than once and offered to help you get this resolved, yet you're not being responsive to our offer. Since you sent your books through a third party, that party has to contact us to have your books separated from the order. We can't, and won't, alter a customer's order without their direct permission.

I'm more than willing to help, but need you to go through the source of the submission to get it resolved. I hope you would understand that we can't operate a business any other way. Your name is nowhere on the order, so there's nothing we can do based on a conversation with you.
Post 57 IP   flag post
Collector Jeremy_K private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftins6
Quote:

None. I won't wait 6 months for a stupid comic.

So what would compel you to take part in the discussion of what others should expect for turnaround times? I'm guessing you used to slab and collect but your comic investment didn't pan out. If i'm right maybe put some of the stupid comics up in the sales threads and be done looking at their stupid faces
Post 58 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
Quote:
"You are being unreasonable"

Yeah, right. In your eyes.

Regardless of what YOU want to believe and/or support, this comes down to customer service by CBCS. This will leave a sour taste in just more than my mouth on this transaction. CBCS has already expressed that they don't care and we will "get it when we get it". Do you really think that is going to keep some customers or even drum up new one? This could start a boycott.

Six months is twice as long as it should be. This kind of timeline would just encourage people to either seek other providers and/or just buy them already graded.

Regardless of what they LCS chose, it is now upon CBCS taking a lot longer than normal. They have had excuse after excuse as to why it keeps getting more delayed after the normal time for this.

I have reached out to you more than once and offered to help you get this resolved, yet you're not being responsive to our offer. Since you sent your books through a third party, that party has to contact us to have your books separated from the order. We can't, and won't, alter a customer's order without their direct permission.

I'm more than willing to help, but need you to go through the source of the submission to get it resolved. I hope you would understand that we can't operate a business any other way. Your name is nowhere on the order, so there's nothing we can do based on a conversation with you.

I've done this before mixing faster books with slower from my own collection. They separated them and I had em back within the week.
Post 59 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy_K
put some of the stupid comics up in the sales threads and be done looking at their stupid faces

Ok I dont have a dog in this fight, and I'll pre-apologize if this is insulting to anyone... but holy f LMFAO! 🤣 👆🏻
Post 60 IP   flag post
I hope those weren't fighting words I only wrote em to expose how silly such an argument is. I've been guilty of being easily butt hurt in the past and a joke usually snaps me out of my tantrums.
Post 61 IP   flag post
What would compel me you ask? To expose that which should not be aka Fast Pass. Most people say you are paying extra for another service. But you are not getting any different service. You get your book graded by the same graders and put in the exact same slabs. The only thing that differs is the time frame in which you receive your comic. If money is not an issue for you then you are allowed to jump ahead of people that have been in line a lot longer than you. Is it right that the people with a tight budget should have people walk in front of them? If I went to a restaurant and they told me I had a 30 minute wait, my name would be put on a list and i'd expect to be seated in about half an hour. Now lets say some customers came in after me. They didn't have a reservation but were willing to pay an extra fee to be seated before me. Would this be right? Same thing is being offered to me and the other party. We will be seated. We will order food off the menu... eat then pay. There is no variation of service. Just the time frame in which you receive the service. Would this be right in everyones opinion? Change the scenario around. You have waited in line for many hours to get tickets for the new Star Wars movie. They are finally letting people in to the theatre and you are minutes away from handing over your ticket and going to find a seat. But wait. They stop the line and let a large group of people go in ahead of you. There now is no more room left in the theatre. In a rage you ask why people were allowed to go ahead of you. You're simply told that special tickets were purchased by other customers. They cost twice as much as a regular ticket but allow you to go right ahead of everyone without waiting. Again would this be what you want to see happen? People with no money issues basically get preferential treatment because they have the money to spend while many others just wait and are penalized because they live on a tight budget. Well i'm tired of people with money going ahead of me at the company that this board is about. I'm sorry that I don't have the money to spend but i'm tired of being considered less important because I have less money. That my friend is why i'm here in this discussion. Peace out.
Post 62 IP   flag post
Yeah, but they're not going to run out of slabs and you haven't submitted anything under any tier.
Post 63 IP   flag post
Actually they ran out of slabs a while back. Turns out the plastics were not the quality they needed to be. I also have submitted comics so you are wrong twice in 1 small statement.
Post 64 IP   flag post
Okay, I'm wrong, but at least I'm not bitter about it.

Post 65 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
What would compel me you ask? To expose that which should not be aka Fast Pass. Most people say you are paying extra for another service. But you are not getting any different service. You get your book graded by the same graders and put in the exact same slabs. The only thing that differs is the time frame in which you receive your comic. If money is not an issue for you then you are allowed to jump ahead of people that have been in line a lot longer than you. Is it right that the people with a tight budget should have people walk in front of them? If I went to a restaurant and they told me I had a 30 minute wait, my name would be put on a list and i'd expect to be seated in about half an hour. Now lets say some customers came in after me. They didn't have a reservation but were willing to pay an extra fee to be seated before me. Would this be right? Same thing is being offered to me and the other party. We will be seated. We will order food off the menu... eat then pay. There is no variation of service. Just the time frame in which you receive the service. Would this be right in everyones opinion? Change the scenario around. You have waited in line for many hours to get tickets for the new Star Wars movie. They are finally letting people in to the theatre and you are minutes away from handing over your ticket and going to find a seat. But wait. They stop the line and let a large group of people go in ahead of you. There now is no more room left in the theatre. In a rage you ask why people were allowed to go ahead of you. You're simply told that special tickets were purchased by other customers. They cost twice as much as a regular ticket but allow you to go right ahead of everyone without waiting. Again would this be what you want to see happen? People with no money issues basically get preferential treatment because they have the money to spend while many others just wait and are penalized because they live on a tight budget. Well i'm tired of people with money going ahead of me at the company that this board is about. I'm sorry that I don't have the money to spend but i'm tired of being considered less important because I have less money. That my friend is why i'm here in this discussion. Peace out.

Except what you describe as being "unfair" happens all the time. As I described earlier. Pay extra for VIP tickets at comic cons - and you are indeed put at the front of the lines for signatures. Pay extra Express boarding pass and you go to the front of the line for both TSA screening and getting aboard the plane. If you are really wealthy you fly private and don't have any wait at all. Disney offers a VIP package that includes being placed at the front of lines. Plenty of restaurants and clubs are exclusive and you only get in if you purchase an expensive membership.

There are countless examples of "pay more, get it better or faster or both". Welcome to America and the capitalist system.
Post 66 IP   flag post
Welcome to America my friend. Some people voice their displeasure by refusing to sand during the national anthem a a sporting event. Others go to social media to voice their opinions. Both are bitter. Both handle it differently.
Post 67 IP   flag post
Collector Rafel private msg quote post Address this user
First of all Florida and Houston just came out of 2 massive hurricanes, with billions in damage in both States. Those affective are trying to put back their lives and homes. Yes, CBCS is back up after being down for a couple of weeks and the slabs sent from Houston were sub standard which caused another delay. With all this and you're worried about a couple of weeks more in processing your order. I have 3 orders I'm waiting for the oldest being 126 comic books and they were submitted in April. I called CBCS many times (before and after the storms) and have been told hopefully by the end of this week that my order will be sent out.

Now, if CBCS would open another branch or hire more people things would be ran a lot smoother for everybody. But that is on CBCS
Post 68 IP   flag post
I'm not worried about any delay. I just want everyone to pay the same price for the same thing.
Post 69 IP   flag post
Pay people the same price for the same things. Some people can afford things others can't. Personally, I would never pay for fast pass whether I could afford it or not. It's a waste of money. In fact, the same could be said about putting comic books in plastic cases. Perhaps, even comic books themselves, but you can't take it with you... Unless it's your virginity.
Post 70 IP   flag post
Collector Rafel private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
I'm not worried about any delay. I just want everyone to pay the same price for the same thing.

Same price for the same service is a given. What's not are the turn around times. I think they should have time slots. In an 8 hour day, the last 2 hours spent on orders 5 comic books of less. Take care of a lot of little orders instead of working on massive orders.
Post 71 IP   flag post
Collector Gatchaman private msg quote post Address this user
What people tend to not acknowledge is that there are a lot of times that people do get fed up with the pushing to the back of line over people who paid more and will not use that service again. There should be a rational expectation of when people who can't afford to for a higher tier that they would get their orders in timely manner rather than keep getting pushed back farther for the higher money.

I used to sell custom soccer uniforms to various states. I found out that the VP of the company was going to the head seamstress and getting his orders pushed ahead of other sales people's orders. I lost a lot of business from people who did not get their uniforms in time. CBCS needs evaluate what percentage of return customers they have of the ones that they are making wait six months for their order. Their non caring attitude already exposes what kind of customer service they have.

I have seen here and other places that people are NOT happy with how they are handling things. I have also seen where they will remove bad reviews to keep from bad attention rather than fix the problems.
Post 72 IP   flag post
Collector Waverider private msg quote post Address this user
It comes down to setting expectations.
When services are offered on terms of $18 for 12-week-modern. $40 for 2-day-modern.
That sets expectations.

If it's beyond your ability to deliver in a timely way, remove the time guidance.

C17-1CE7398 17 weeks and being used as a doorstop?
Post 73 IP   flag post
Why just the women? I like bears. Gaard private msg quote post Address this user
*** All turn around times are estimates ***
Post 74 IP   flag post
Collector Waverider private msg quote post Address this user
Would you like to be known for meeting expectations. Or, your ability to use disclaimers?
Post 75 IP   flag post
Collector DavidM private msg quote post Address this user
I'm hoping that some people here post when they receive their comics, when they submitted them, and what level of service they ordered. This way we have some time frame to apply to our submittals.
Post 76 IP   flag post
Why just the women? I like bears. Gaard private msg quote post Address this user
"Would you like to be known for meeting expectations. Or, your ability to use disclaimers?"

I have a feeling our expectations are vastly different. 'Quickness' doesn't factor very heavily into my expectations.
Post 77 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidM
I'm hoping that some people here post when they receive their comics, when they submitted them, and what level of service they ordered. This way we have some time frame to apply to our submittals.

Subbed 6/10 modern and consumer delivered back last friday

Subbed 6/10 modern, consumer, expanded, and reholders, currently in grading. One of my expanded has a tricky request, so that may be holding me up

Subbed 8/18 modern and consumer, no movement yet

However, with the hurricane and all, I would expect linger TAT for stuff subbed after mine (official TAT update from Steve just posted at top of forum as well)
Post 78 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
CBCS needs evaluate what percentage of return customers they have of the ones that they are making wait six months for their order. Their non caring attitude already exposes what kind of customer service they have.

I have seen here and other places that people are NOT happy with how they are handling things. I have also seen where they will remove bad reviews to keep from bad attention rather than fix the problems.

Once again, I have offered to help you. You continue to ignore me and not acknowledge that help.
Where is the bad customer service here?
Post 79 IP   flag post
Collector chadpdodge private msg quote post Address this user
Update 9-27-17
Today I talked w/ CBCS Customer Service and they were very helpful.

1st submission processed May 18th:
Modern & pressing. I was told they are doing early May submissions for pressing now. Once finished in pressing, will be moved along to grading/etc.

2nd submission processed June 5th:
Has begun the grading & encapsulation phase.

I received some helpful info here in this forum. However, I received an overwhelming amount of negative responses. When all I was looking for was how long it was taking others to receive their books. If we start updating how our submissions are moving along this thread can be very helpful to others. Furthermore, if we have infighting, bickering and negativity it does us no good!
Regards
Chad
Post 80 IP   flag post
598033 117 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?