Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgeQuestions

Turn Around Times?4364

Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftins6
Waiting for your books is bad enough without adding what I call "line jumping" by just paying more money. A lot of people will not agree with me on this but if this type of favoritism were allowed in all aspects of life, we'd all be pretty miserable. Don't add to the problem.

Your perspective is one that comes up routinely when TAT's stretch out. There is no way to say this that doesn't sound flippant, but....

Welcome to capitalism. It's all around you in countless business. Express shipping. The VIP line at Comic conventions for Signatures. The VIP Tour Services for Disney World. Express boarding for airlines. And if you are really rich you fly private and don't wait ever.

More money thrown at stuff just makes things go better or faster for the person(s) spending the money. Many would argue "as it should".

CGC, CBCS are businesses. I propose that people paying extra for faster grading of their books actually benefits people that stay with the slower and cheaper service. Because without the "extra" cash fast pass /fast track brings in, almost certainly the slower services would be priced higher. Because if you think about it, there can't be a lot of profit in grading and encapsulating a regular modern. The inner and outer holders cost money. There are LOTS of salaries to be paid. Not just graders and slabbing dept. But shipping, people that answer the phone, people that clean the place, people that go pick up the mail and open the packages. Plus a building, utilities, taxes.

So this is America. Pay less and wait longer. Or pay more and wait less. I do both. For books I wish to sell, time is also money so I pay extra to get them back sooner and get them sold. For books going in my collection, who cares the wait? My books are probably safer in the CBCS vault than they are at my house.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingNampa
They can't use the hurricane excuse on books they received back in May, lol.

Actually......

If moderns are getting pressed before grading, CBCS (and CGC) are way backed up on moderns. CCS - CGC's in house service - says 40 business days for moderns. In real life according to the boards across the street it's longer than that. More like three months. As for the hurricanes - it's not just Irma and Florida. CBCS gets their slabs from a manufacturer in Houston Texas. So Harvey has also affected CBCS's business with a shortage of slabs.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatchaman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Instant_Subtitles
Quote:

Some of the books on the order are getting pressed. I know how to press books. Been doing it for years and done hundreds. I have a local Facebook group for comics who have been asking for a seminar to teach how to press. I probably going to do that so that people know how to press books and not have to wait weeks to get it done and have excuses of why they aren't and be told to be patient when this happens. They can do it themselves or anybody from the group can do it for them.

Six months it waaay to long to wait. Never again.

OK. I'll ask the obvious. If you know how to clean and press comic books, why did you have the in house pressing service of CBCS press your books?

You are correct. It does not take months or weeks to press A comic book. But it can take weeks and months to press the HUNDREDS of comic books submitted before yours.

Those that can, DO. Those that can't, TEACH. NO ONE learned how to press comic books correctly on Facebook. Just sayin....
Post 28 IP   flag post
??
Post 29 IP   flag post
Not sure what is going on with my posts??
Post 30 IP   flag post

Collector Gatchaman private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMan
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Some of the books on the order are getting pressed. I know how to press books. Been doing it for years and done hundreds. I have a local Facebook group for comics who have been asking for a seminar to teach how to press. I probably going to do that so that people know how to press books and not have to wait weeks to get it done and have excuses of why they aren't and be told to be patient when this happens. They can do it themselves or anybody from the group can do it for them.

OK. I'll ask the obvious. If you know how to clean and press comic books, why did you have the in house pressing service of CBCS press your books?

You are correct. It does not take months or weeks to press A comic book. But it can take weeks and months to press the HUNDREDS of comic books submitted before yours.

Those that can, DO. Those that can't, TEACH. NO ONE learned how to press comic books correctly on Facebook. Just sayin....

As I have said in other posts, this was a batch that an LCS sent. My books were in the mix and not needing pressing. Other books, that were in the mix, were sent for pressing. The invoice has multiple people on it.

I can do and do teach others. I have been training people to press books. I admin a local only group, almost 600 members, on FB and there are as few on there who I have been helping to learn to press books
Post 31 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

As I have said in other posts, this was a batch that an LCS sent. My books were in the mix and not needing pressing. Other books, that were in the mix, were sent for pressing. The invoice has multiple people on it.

I can do and do teach others. I have been training people to press books. I admin a local only group, almost 600 members, on FB and there are as few on there who I have been helping to learn to press books

OK...
I'd put about 75% of the blame on your LCS for submitting books all together. I "work" at a LCS one day a week. I don't actually work for the store so much as I am there that day to access books for pressing and professional grading - the service I provide. It has been beneficial to me as I was getting more and more requests from people in the area to meet and look at their books. This set up a routine day (Wednesdays) where that can be done. It benefits the store as it draws some collectors in - serious collectors often with nice books. A good number of purchases and sales have taken place at the store as a result of my being there doing my assessment thing.

I have NEVER NEVER NEVER sent in multiple clients books under one order to be shipped back to the store or myself. THAT is clearly a recipe for disaster. Books being delayed is really the least of the possible things that could go wrong. Each and every client has their own submission and books when graded and done are shipped back to directly to the individual.

Your problem started and ends at your LCS. For goodness sake, submit your books directly yourself. If you had, you wouldn't have ANY PROBLEM AT ALL>>>>>> We wouldn't be having this discussion. Your books would be graded and in your hands.

Submitting directly requires a membership with CGC. Membership is optional with CBCS but unless you only submit four or five books a year for grading memberships save you money.
Post 32 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

OK...
I'd put about 75% of the blame on your LCS for submitting books all together. I "work" at a LCS one day a week. I don't actually work for the store so much as I am there that day to access books for pressing and professional grading - the service I provide. It has been beneficial to me as I was getting more and more requests from people in the area to meet and look at their books. This set up a routine day (Wednesdays) where that can be done. It benefits the store as it draws some collectors in - serious collectors often with nice books. A good number of purchases and sales have taken place at the store as a result of my being there doing my assessment thing.

I have NEVER NEVER NEVER sent in multiple clients books under one order to be shipped back to the store or myself. THAT is clearly a recipe for disaster. Books being delayed is really the least of the possible things that could go wrong. Each and every client has their own submission and books when graded and done are shipped back to directly to the individual.

Your problem started and ends at your LCS. For goodness sake, submit your books directly yourself. If you had, you wouldn't have ANY PROBLEM AT ALL>>>>>> We wouldn't be having this discussion. Your books would be graded and in your hands.

Submitting directly requires a membership with CGC. Membership is optional with CBCS but unless you only submit four or five books a year for grading memberships save you money.

Think what you want. This should not be taking six months. They even told me that they know this is causing a problem with have these types of order, that they are changing the way they do things AFTER our order, and the only way to separate these invoices is to throw more money at it. This is poor customer service. Either you can lose a few dollars fixing this or lose a lot of dollars on repeat business and new business as people know about this.

BTW, there are other people who have shipped their order in May and STILL don't have them even being close to being worked on.
Post 33 IP   flag post
He sounds like a vegan who wants real mayonnaise to be vegan friendly. Instant_Subtitles private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
I talked more with CBCS than the store. They are the ones that gave me most of the information. I am NOT being impatient. With their window time frame my books should have been done BEFORE the storm. They tooks weeks to check it in. CBCS told me that it is going to take another 6-8 weeks. That takes it to six months they will have the books. Not one of them have been graded yet.

You also mentioned a comic book shop numerous times.

Plus, I also talked about CGC on a similar note. And I do business with Collectible Grading Authorty, who offers similar services. The former stated that there is a surge of comic owners having their comics graded. Which means that there are those who are choosing faster grading services, which has your post-pressed comics have their grading times pushed back each time this happened.

Quote:

Good for you. I can talk about my expertise on business practices, and how far I can go with that. But I also know that if that is an issue, you should have pressed them yourself. And since you chose not to, you need to accept the fact that your order is no more important than the rest who chose the same services. So I can only point out that they know what they are doing, and nothing more.

Quote:

I am on year 6 on my wait to both find and buy a starter home in Japan. The whole thing makes me anxious, especially with the Tokyo 2020 Olympics looming. But I also preoccupy my time finding things to do while I wait.

So if you do not want to be seen as impatient, talk to others about how they deal with their wait times instead of preaching about something that has no bearing to the facts CBCS does not have to give details on. Cheers.
Post 34 IP   flag post
He sounds like a vegan who wants real mayonnaise to be vegan friendly. Instant_Subtitles private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
??

Quote:

The Skrulls tried disguising themselves as your posts. But somebody noticed that something was off, they panicked, and now you are dealing with the ramifications.
Post 35 IP   flag post
Collector shiftins6 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Test post with quote.

All working well here. Must be something with democrats and republicans being in office.
Post 36 IP   flag post
you just don't get it or you don't want to.
Post 37 IP   flag post
@Gatchaman
I'll just be direct... You are being unreasonable.

Of course CBCS "fixing" your problem would cost money. Your cheap-ass LCS submitted books the very least expensive way possible. Combining together multiple customers orders into one. So separating out an order and processing it by itself is going to cost more. You had choices. Cheaper, or faster. Your LCS made the choice for you. Maybe with your consent.

Had books been sent to CGC this way (combining multiple people's orders) you'd be in the same fix. Because CCS is in reality taking about three months to press regular moderns and CGC is taking two months to grade regular moderns. Five months instead of six. IMAGINE THAT. The less expensive grading company also takes a little longer. WHO COULD HAVE GUESSED???

Lesson learned. Just submit your books yourself next time. CBCS's non member price is the same as the cost of CGC's member price. You have to have a membership with CGC to submit comics directly to them. Or tell your LCS to submit your books individually, by themselves to be shipped back directly to you.

But this delay you speak of is the result of you and your LCS's choices. No one else's.
Post 38 IP   flag post
Collector rtdcomics private msg quote post Address this user
The thing i really don't like is the fact that if i submit books right now online it still offers me a standard time of 12 weeks for modern and a fast pass to reduce that time in half. If, as we all know, there is a lengthy backlog (my fast pass moderns, no pressing are at 14/14 weeks without movement) then the website should be constantly updated to show accurate approximates. Do this and manage customers expectations then this kind of post/thread just goes away! That's simple customer services and keeps customers happy.

This time last year I was moving my submissions away from CGC and towards CBCS because I felt they valued customers more and I'd had some great experiences with them, along with what I believe to be a better looking end product. Heres hoping they can turn this all around and come out fighting again.
Post 39 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtdcomics
The thing i really don't like is the fact that if i submit books right now online it still offers me a standard time of 12 weeks for modern and a fast pass to reduce that time in half. If, as we all know, there is a lengthy backlog (my fast pass moderns, no pressing are at 14/14 weeks without movement) then the website should be constantly updated to show accurate approximates. Do this and manage customers expectations then this kind of post/thread just goes away! That's simple customer services and keeps customers happy.

This time last year I was moving my submissions away from CGC and towards CBCS because I felt they valued customers more and I'd had some great experiences with them, along with what I believe to be a better looking end product. Heres hoping they can turn this all around and come out fighting again.

I have noticed that with submissions done online, a more accurate estimate of TAT appears when you actually select a tier for the book you just entered. A few moderns done last week showed 13 weeks.

But still, 14+ weeks is not 13.
Post 40 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
I just got my books back from CBCS that were submitted at Heroes Con in June. I also just got my books back from the cgc that were given to CFPComics at Heroes Con to be pressed before going to the cgc.

I really don't see a difference in the turnaround times when an independent pressing service is involved.

The CBCS books were submitted on Jun 20, 2017 and delivered to my house on September 21, 2017. The books from the cgc were submitted on August 3, 2017 (after being pressed) and delivered to my house on September 22, 2017.

All were subbed under the modern tier with no extra money paid for fast tracking. I'm cheap. It doesn't matter to me. I'm a patient person. If you aren't a patient person, either don't submit books or pay more to get them graded quicker.
Post 41 IP   flag post
@DrWatson see there's being a patient person and then theres waiting blindly for books to return that arent even moving yet. The dates you quote for CBCS only add further to frustrations in my case where I have paid $9 each extra for 9 book books to be processed quicker than standard but then you find out someone else, no fault of yours of course, has got their books back quicker without paying extra. Thats not right is it. Thats got nothing to do with being patient.

@IronMan fast pass on mine is currently showing 6 weeks for modern so it's still far from accurate.
Post 42 IP   flag post
If your books were part of a larger invoice or order, and requested to be shipped together, then they will move at the speed of the slowest tier on that invoice or order regardless of what you paid.
Post 43 IP   flag post
@DrWatson my books are direct submissions from my account
Post 44 IP   flag post
Sounds like it's Customer Service time to me.
Post 45 IP   flag post
@DrWatson yep completely agree.
Post 46 IP   flag post
"You are being unreasonable"

Yeah, right. In your eyes.

Regardless of what YOU want to believe and/or support, this comes down to customer service by CBCS. This will leave a sour taste in just more than my mouth on this transaction. CBCS has already expressed that they don't care and we will "get it when we get it". Do you really think that is going to keep some customers or even drum up new one? This could start a boycott.

Six months is twice as long as it should be. This kind of timeline would just encourage people to either seek other providers and/or just buy them already graded.

Regardless of what they LCS chose, it is now upon CBCS taking a lot longer than normal. They have had excuse after excuse as to why it keeps getting more delayed after the normal time for this.
Post 47 IP   flag post
Collector Jeremy_K private msg quote post Address this user
Have you spoken to customer service? If not call em up tomorrow. They are usually very accommodating. Its not doing anything complaining about wait times on the forum besides getting yourself worked up. I ave also noticed a delay in QC which makes me think they might have that plastic supply issue from Texas that was discussed. The first wait is always the hardest. We all can relate.
Post 48 IP   flag post
Collector Jeremy_K private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
I just got my books back from CBCS that were submitted at Heroes Con in June. I also just got my books back from the cgc that were given to CFPComics at Heroes Con to be pressed before going to the cgc.

I really don't see a difference in the turnaround times when an independent pressing service is involved.

The CBCS books were submitted on Jun 20, 2017 and delivered to my house on September 21, 2017. The books from the cgc were submitted on August 3, 2017 (after being pressed) and delivered to my house on September 22, 2017.

All were subbed under the modern tier with no extra money paid for fast tracking. I'm cheap. It doesn't matter to me. I'm a patient person. If you aren't a patient person, either don't submit books or pay more to get them graded quicker.
So good to hear this I submitted at the same con.
Post 49 IP   flag post
Collector shiftins6 private msg quote post Address this user
Here's another reason TATs are so bad. People are submitting stupid books that are graded so low that there is no way they will make their money back. But there they are on ebay thinking a slab will make a FN- better on a book not really sought after.

Post 50 IP   flag post
@shiftins6 What gems did you submit that were worthy of holding up the queue on my sweet 9.8s?
Post 51 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@shiftins6 What gems did you submit that were worthy of holding up the queue on my sweet 9.8s?

We all know that my comics are important, and everyone else's aren't.
Post 52 IP   flag post
Maybe the submitter wasn't expecting a 5.5. I certainly wasn't expecting this when I submitted it to be graded:

Post 53 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

15 copies of Youngblood #1. I'm gonna make dozens of dollars! Dozens!
Post 54 IP   flag post
That reminds me. I do have have some X-Force #1s I want to submit.
Post 55 IP   flag post
600837 117 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?