Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedCBCS Signature ASPComics Modern AgeSignatures

1st Submission to CBCS4310

Collector Negrito68 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Negrito68 private msg quote post Address this user
This was my Amazing Spider-Man 300 w/ McFarlane signature that received an asterisk. Thought it would have graded higher. I was quite please with the other two submissions.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector TotalComicMayhem private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Negrito68
This was my Amazing Spider-Man 300 w/ McFarlane signature that received an asterisk. Thought it would have graded higher. I was quite please with the other two submissions.

Heya Negrito68, congrats on those results!!! ASM #300 is an odd one. I got a way lower grade than I thought as well, but it was a CGC submission.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Comicsharky private msg quote post Address this user
My first submission to CBCS, are there collectors who collect on misspellings of CBCS labels? My label has Embossed goil foil logo for My Redneck #1 signed gold foil edition comic. A long wait for this...sort of crushed.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicsharky
My first submission to CBCS, are there collectors who collect on misspellings of CBCS labels? My label has Embossed goil foil logo for My Redneck #1 signed gold foil edition comic. A long wait for this...sort of crushed.

Contact customer service and I'm confident they will make it right for you. I'm also confident it will be on their dime as well. Don't get discouraged. Mistakes happen. 👍🏻
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector DocBrown private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyRexia
Quote:

Contact customer service and I'm confident they will make it right for you. I'm also confident it will be on their dime as well. Don't get discouraged. Mistakes happen. 👍🏻

Yes, don't get discouraged.

That said, it's kind of a cool error. You've got "Goil" troubles!
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Comicsharky private msg quote post Address this user
Sounds Jewish/yiddish...
Post 8 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@Comicsharky every order I've submitted this year with more than one book has had an error on the labels. One had the wrong variant name, one book with a witnessed signature got a 9.8 blue label with no mention of the signature
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
Don't worry about it guys

CBCS says they strive to provide great customer service, products, quality, and turnaround times
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector ComicHaulics private msg quote post Address this user
Congrats! We are anxiously waiting for our first submission
Post 11 IP   flag post
He sounds like a vegan who wants real mayonnaise to be vegan friendly. Instant_Subtitles private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Sounds Jewish/yiddish...

Oy gvalt. Don't be so meshuggah about how it sounds. Just saying.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector KiloGraham private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

This typo is on 250 labels. I believe cbcs will fix typos but you still have to pay for shipping to and from.

Post 13 IP   flag post
@KiloGraham If it's their mistake they'll fix it. Return shipping is free. Customer service might say that they'll reimburse you for shipping it to them but it might take a little bit of hounding them to get them to come through.
Post 14 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Hmm that's a bummer brah
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector RexMuff private msg quote post Address this user
Kinda makes you wonder why they're in QC for so long?🍺
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloGraham

How do you get the little note in the top left corner of the back? Is that an extra service, or a perk for being a paid member?
Post 17 IP   flag post
@Drogio Those notes are related to the book itself and have nothing to do with who submitted the book.

Some books have certain advertisements that are called out, if the book reprints an older issue it will be noted here. In this case, the book had an In Memoriam for Rich Buckler and it was noted on the label.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Wow, I learned something new today. Thanks!
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector KiloGraham private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloGraham

How do you get the little note in the top left corner of the back? Is that an extra service, or a perk for being a paid member?

It's on the back of my Ultimate 9.8 Edge of Venomverse, and every other Ultimate Edge of Venomverse. I didn't request it, and personally don't like it. The fact that they misspelled a word in a tribute to dead person is pretty shameful, like putting 'Rest in piece' on a tombstone. I believe this was a liberty taken by CBCS because when I reached out to The Comic Mint they didn't really seem to care that the label had a made up word on it.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Negrito68

Check the graders' notes, if you didn't have your check marked red label ASM 300 pressed before grading.

Still a VERY nice trio of books, in any event.😍😍😍
Post 21 IP   flag post
601303 21 21
This topic is archived. Start new topic?