Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Just show something cool4299

Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Although the story in the movie was disappointing, I like the visuals. Here is a movie promo booklet given out at the screening for "What Dreams May Come?"

Post 926 IP   flag post
I thought this was a really cool movie. Here is a movie promo booklet given out at the screening for "The Red Violin". There was a nice questions and answers session with the movie director after the movie.

Post 927 IP   flag post
okay, this isn't cool per se, but it's unusual and weird. Perhaps "disturbing" is a better description. I think I got this from the FBI at Dragon Con. It's a booklet trying to enlist people to spy on their neighbors for the FBI. You can look it up online. The program was still in existence the last time I looked. I'm pretty sure I got this after 9/11.

Post 928 IP   flag post
Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user
Playing with the niece and nephew.
Post 929 IP   flag post
Collector ZosoRocks private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyRexia

I bet you they love you dearly when they get to come over!!

LOL

My dream is to own a couple of these stand-ups someday....**dream bubble appears above his head*....

1. Tron
2. Super Pac-Man
3. Joust
Post 930 IP   flag post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZosoRocks
Quote:

LOL

My dream is to own a couple of these stand-ups someday....**dream bubble appears above his head*....

1. Tron
2. Super Pac-Man
3. Joust

BTW - I have that Marvel box, but mine doesn't have a colored Hulk....dated 1984 I think....maybe 1983.
Post 931 IP   flag post
I'm not sure on how many possible treasure hunters are out there in the community, but I managed to purchase one of the "Fenn Searcher Coins" when they were offered to the public....sn: 309 of 1000.

Cool to me.

Post 932 IP   flag post
Collector ComicFan private msg quote post Address this user

Recent photos I took of the moon.
Post 933 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicFan

Recent photos I took of the moon.

Very cool indeed!!!!
Post 934 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

LOL

1. Tron
2. Super Pac-Man
3. Joust

BTW - I have that Marvel box, but mine doesn't have a colored Hulk....dated 1984 I think....maybe 1983.

I got that box for Christmas when I was a kid. I've had it ever since. I colored everybody on there.
Post 935 IP   flag post
@Andy...and there is the answer...lol
Post 936 IP   flag post
Quote:
@Andy...and there is the answer...lol

I love that box. It's like opening up my childhood.
Post 937 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
@ZosoRocks I am partial to Gyruss, Qbert, and Mr Do.
Post 938 IP   flag post
Collector BabaLament private msg quote post Address this user
@AndyRexia I loved the Tron arcade game! I don't know if it would be an issue in a room where you have comics on display though. If memory serves, the Tron cabinet had a couple of UV/Blacklights built in that gave the cabinet the glowy look. I don't know if its healthy to put blacklights near comics. Anyone have the correct answer on that one?
Post 939 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabaLament
@AndyRexia I loved the Tron arcade game! I don't know if it would be an issue in a room where you have comics on display though. If memory serves, the Tron cabinet had a couple of UV/Blacklights built in that gave the cabinet the glowy look. I don't know if its healthy to put blacklights near comics. Anyone have the correct answer on that one?

I believe black lights are used for checking for color touch. But you're talking prolonged exposure so I have no clue.
Post 940 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user

Back in the day when anything passed for comic books
Post 941 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
@ZosoRocks I am partial to Gyruss, Qbert, and Mr Do.

I like Qbert...played a bit of that.

There are some good ones.

I'd even think hard on a Star Wars pinball machine. I'd find the room if none was available.

LOL
Post 942 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
GameStop has a few 3/4 scale retro arcade cabinets for $300.

https://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-Capcom+Arcade+Cabinet
Post 943 IP   flag post
I own one of these pinball machines. It's a Williams Fun Fest machine from 1972. I need to restore it like he's doing in this video link (or better). The rubber parts are dry rotting. I don't think using a sharpie is a good idea to touch up the black paint. Seeing his work on the wiring and hearing all the sounds is bringing back memories. I haven't played it in a long time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWWzuTiol9o

I also own a popcorn making machine on a cart. It's about the size of the Pinball machine.
Post 944 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Two on-set images taken directly from camera/monitor on the Morganville shoot (2014)...

Working with Amber Benson and Robert Picardo on Morganville was both super cool and humbling. From my perspective as a novice among seasoned professionals, this was an experience like no other.
Post 945 IP   flag post
I could post a picture of the girl in the new Lenscrafter commercials dressed as Catwoman, but I'll respect her privacy. LOL!
Post 946 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
I could post a picture of the girl in the new Lenscrafter commercials dressed as Catwoman, but I'll respect her privacy. LOL!

Nobody likes a tease.....
Post 947 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51

Nobody likes a tease.....

She's a Facebook friend and I don't see her in person anymore. I don't want to post it without her approval. She rarely accesses her account now. Her success in commercials is pretty impressive to me. She was in a Geico commercial, a Home Depot commercial and more. The biggest shocker was seeing her on the movie screen. They ran an ad for the Georgia Aquarium before a movie and she was on the movie screen bigger than life.
Post 948 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51

It ain't cool unless I'm in the picture with her (photoshop doesn't count) ...

Post 949 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
2+ million year old fossilized Megalodon tooth, 4.25”

Post 950 IP   flag post
Collector DavidM private msg quote post Address this user
Digging through some of my magazine boxes I found the following
Previews black cover

Lobo scratch and sniff

Taco Bell kids meal box from 1990’s (I think)

Spawn 1 ad poster

Two interesting magazines

Post 951 IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user

mm
Post 952 IP   flag post
A true classic among lethal cap pistols, Hubley's Atomic Disintegrator has few peers...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dbWENZQ6E5w

Post 953 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatmanAmerica
A true classic among lethal cap pistols, Hubley's Atomic Disintegrator has few peers...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dbWENZQ6E5w

Is that Flash Gordon’s, Buck Rodger’s, or Marvin the Martian’s ray gun?
Post 954 IP   flag post
Collector donho private msg quote post Address this user

my commission from the Legendary {at least for me} Dave Dorman. loved it.
Post 955 IP   flag post
597893 999 30