Just show something cool4299

Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier2Xterra
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
I haven't bought from Mile High for 5 years now but if you factor in their usual 40%-60% off sales code, this book seems like a good deal.

http://www.milehighcomics.com/cgi-bin/backissue.cgi?action=enlarge&issue=60042367456%2087%20CGC%209.6

I just can’t get past their horrible website. I go to it and burns my retinas and makes me hate everyone.

lol!! their website is right out of 1994.

lol You're too kind
Post 901 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatmanAmerica
Posted this super cool publication in the fandom thread, but it deserves special attention as one of the earliest professional periodicals (Supergraphics, 1970) devoted to fandom and collecting. Oversized (11" X 14" & 84pages) with a full wraparound cover created by the artist/author, The Steranko History of Comics (Vol. 1 of 2) delivers both passion for comic collecting and a historic perspective on which to build...

There are actually multiple printings of this as well as being a 2nd issue. Yours is probably a 1st printing that would have come in an envelope and be unnumbered. I think the only one I actually own is the last one (#2). If that image is the largest, that's why.

Post 902 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_SigS
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier2Xterra
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
I haven't bought from Mile High for 5 years now but if you factor in their usual 40%-60% off sales code, this book seems like a good deal.

http://www.milehighcomics.com/cgi-bin/backissue.cgi?action=enlarge&issue=60042367456%2087%20CGC%209.6

I just can’t get past their horrible website. I go to it and burns my retinas and makes me hate everyone.

lol!! their website is right out of 1994.

lol You're too kind

It's definitely the same as it was in 1997 and I like that. It's safer from a security perspective and I can't stand dynamically generated content and stuff going on in the background when all I'm interested in is the content that I searched for. Hurray for static web sites!
Post 903 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user

Post 904 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user

Post 905 IP   flag post

Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Five GA character figurines including Wolverton's Space Hawk, Jack Kirby's Destroyer, Fletcher Hanks' Fantomah & Star Dust and Alex Schomburg's Black Terror (scene from Exciting Comics # 45 cover with BT battling a remote controlled robot)...

The Destroyer is heavy die-cast, painted and was released as a licensed Marvel character. The others were created as a PD project in resin from sculptures by artist and then manufactured in resin and painted based on the art the sculptor was replicating. Very cool indeed.
Post 906 IP   flag post
@X51 Here's my copy of the second volume of The Steranko History of Comics, first edition, including both front and back wraparound covers!

Unfortunately, there were no further histories released through Supergraphics even though Jim Steranko had planned producing a third and fourth volume to cover pre-code crime/horror, and finally SA. I don't have the full story on why this series stopped at two volumes, but it's possible that Supergraphics ran into financial problems at some point in the process or perhaps Steranko had other projects and illustration deadlines that got in the way of finishing it.
Post 907 IP   flag post
Two actors in the Morganville cast posing for a photograph on the Common Grounds coffee shop set (2014). One of them is Robert Picardo...

Post 908 IP   flag post
Collector Dshel61 private msg quote post Address this user
This is the ad on the back cover of Challengers Of The Unknown #62. June 1968. It's an ad for Motorific Racing Cars from IDEAL. Notice the misspelling of the Ferrari 250 GTO (Farrari).

Then the back of issue #63 from Sept 1968. Something a little more popular...HOT WHEELS!

Post 909 IP   flag post
I don't know if anyone will think this is cool, but it is a scan of original B&W sketch art with a touch of Photobucket color framing added...

Post 910 IP   flag post
Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user

New guitar strap.
Post 911 IP   flag post
Collector BabaLament private msg quote post Address this user
Something to take up a little wall space.

Next time I do this I’m going to get a buddy who works at a print shop make up a faux slab label & put it across the top.
Post 912 IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user
October 1956...Italy...wonder if it's still open.

mm
Post 913 IP   flag post
Dropping anchor under Marty's naval theme is this professionally built museum quality ship model of the USS Oregon, leading battleship in Admiral Sampson's fleet, which was crucial in defeating the Spanish fleet at the battle of Santiago de Cuba in the Spanish-American War (1898)...

Post 914 IP   flag post
Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user
Not comic related. But, I love my puppers. Used to be same size but remained buds.

Post 915 IP   flag post
The guy in the photo may not be the epitome of "cool" (the jury's still out), but the location certainly deserves recognition...

Post 916 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
4’X4’ uncut sheet Garbage Pail Kids, First series giant. Bought it today, eagerly awaiting it’s arrival 😬

Post 917 IP   flag post
More original art (mixed media)...

Surf Bored
Post 918 IP   flag post
Collector Themaxx35 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
4’X4’ uncut sheet Garbage Pail Kids, First series giant. Bought it today, eagerly awaiting it’s arrival 😬

I’ve thought about collecting old garbage pail kids. I had some when I was a kid but Mom generally disapproved (which I think was the whole point of those cards to begin with), so I was always jealous of my friend who had a huge stack of them.
Post 919 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Finally got around to replacing the screw-down card holders on this pair of trading cards I got signed by Joe Kubert in the mail when I was 11-years old and had sent him a letter talking about how I wanted to be a comic artist when I grew up. He wrote back (which I’m pretty sure I still have somewhere) and while I didn’t pursue comic art as a profession, his letter was always something of an inspiration as I pursued other creative aspirations

Post 920 IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user

Post 921 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
@Themaxx35 we got really lucky. My Dad loved them, and would bring home full boxes.

I’ve a bit of empty wall space in the bar left so this was a perfect buy for it. I dont own any graded cards or packs, that could be a slippery slope 😬
Post 922 IP   flag post
The Official Tom Mix Straight Shooters Album from the 1944 radio program.

OO

mm
Post 923 IP   flag post
This may not be quite as cool as The Cavern Club shot, but it fits in nicely with my official "garden gnome's" view of the world. I'm standing in front of a very special restaurant in Belgium, next to the Chimay monastery, where one can actually purchase Chimay ale on tap in addition to fine Trappist cheeses and deserts...

Post 924 IP   flag post
Free giveaway from WILLIAMS-SONOMA at the Mall a few years ago.

mm
Post 925 IP   flag post
Although the story in the movie was disappointing, I like the visuals. Here is a movie promo booklet given out at the screening for "What Dreams May Come?"

Post 926 IP   flag post
I thought this was a really cool movie. Here is a movie promo booklet given out at the screening for "The Red Violin". There was a nice questions and answers session with the movie director after the movie.

Post 927 IP   flag post
okay, this isn't cool per se, but it's unusual and weird. Perhaps "disturbing" is a better description. I think I got this from the FBI at Dragon Con. It's a booklet trying to enlist people to spy on their neighbors for the FBI. You can look it up online. The program was still in existence the last time I looked. I'm pretty sure I got this after 9/11.

Post 928 IP   flag post
Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user
Playing with the niece and nephew.
Post 929 IP   flag post
Collector ZosoRocks private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyRexia
Playing with the niece and nephew.

I bet you they love you dearly when they get to come over!!

LOL

My dream is to own a couple of these stand-ups someday....**dream bubble appears above his head*....

1. Tron
2. Super Pac-Man
3. Joust
Post 930 IP   flag post
600811 999 30