Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Just show something cool4299

Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatmanAmerica

Lucy Synk oil painting.

I thought this was a crock pot when I first saw it...it's a pretty cool and unique looking painting.
Post 851 IP   flag post
Collector docstrange private msg quote post Address this user

signed by Mike Grell
Post 852 IP   flag post
Had these signed by Mr. Camp last year at a convention...very cool guy and will talk for hours, will even sing the Log Song if you ask him to.

Post 853 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulbg2000
Quote:

Lucy Synk oil painting.

I thought this was a crock pot when I first saw it...it's a pretty cool and unique looking painting.

Anybody notice the dragon?
Post 854 IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre_Coder
Quote:
Quote:

Lucy Synk oil painting.

Not until you mentioned it!

Marty
Post 855 IP   flag post

Collector docstrange private msg quote post Address this user

Post 856 IP   flag post

mm
Post 857 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by martymann
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre_Coder
Quote:
Quote:

Lucy Synk oil painting.

Not until you mentioned it!

Marty

Sneakiness on my part. I wanted folks to find it on their own!

Lucy is known for turning out some superb commissioned work in all genres, but I especially love these hidden dragon pieces. Here's her website:

clickable text

Post 858 IP   flag post
Here's something very cool I used to have:
TWO copies of Human Torch #23 in 9.4...

Alas, in order to make a deal on another grail book I relinquished one of the two copies, retaining the book with perfect registration. Giant robot mayhem; one of the coolest post-war Schomburg covers!
Post 859 IP   flag post
The cool aspect for this needs no introduction...

Post 860 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

it's the peatest and only one ill drink. When I want peat anyhow, and I have tried many a peaty single malts I'll drink
Post 861 IP   flag post
In the 40's this was the "coolest" restaurant in Atlantic City...
one of my favorites off the Boardwalk.

OO

mm
Post 862 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

My daughter turned me on to this. The initial taste and smell reminds me exactly of an old leaky burned PCB transformer. And just gets better from there.
Post 863 IP   flag post
Ran across this in an old wallet of mine.

mm
Post 864 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by doog
Quote:

My daughter turned me on to this. The initial taste and smell reminds me exactly of an old leaky burned PCB transformer. And just gets better from there.
I have done blind taste tests on numerous 10, 12, 25 year single malts. I actually prefer the 10 year laphoiag. For the money you can't tell the difference really between the 10 and 25 year.
Post 865 IP   flag post
Collector ZosoRocks private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidM
Compose

David - that is a very rare LP. If you ever decide to sell....you WILL BE SURPRISED at the selling price.

it's like a holy grail for Zep fans.
Post 866 IP   flag post
Anyone ever see these before from 40s or 50s. Apparently, you could join a Comic club from Dell back in late 40s? Got these at estate sale.
The's are all uncut. I would imagine e once recieved as a child you would cut them into individual posters to put on wall.
The little ones I think may have been penny cards from earlier. There is one of John Wayne, he can't be more than early 20s in pics

Post 867 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthshaker01
Quote:
Quote:

I have done blind taste tests on numerous 10, 12, 25 year single malts. I actually prefer the 10 year laphoiag. For the money you can't tell the difference really between the 10 and 25 year.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

There is one detail you may have missed. There is Laphroaig single malt which has been aged 10, 12, 25 years, ...and then there's cask strength aged 25 year single malt Laphroaig. These are somewhat different animals when tasted and, when obtainable, at very different price points.
Post 868 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

There is one detail you may have missed. There is Laphroaig single malt which has been aged 10, 12, 25 years, ...and then there's cask strength aged 25 year single malt Laphroaig. These are somewhat different animals when tasted and, when obtainable, at very different price points.

Agreed. I have been to Scotland a few times and each time done several scotch tours in the country and on isles. For sure they are different, but I can tell you one thing the strength you get at the distillaries is stronger than they export half and full cask are wicked strong there.
Heading back soon. Goal is to sell this joke of a comic collection when I retire and move there. Retirement Visas are easy to get there.
Since my family is originally from there a few generations ago, I might as return home there to finish things out.
Of all the countries I visited in the service Scotland was the coolest for me.
And if nothing else I will find that Loch Ness monster and put that to bed as well.
Post 869 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
Bored at an airport delay, I got to talking to an older gentleman, who had visited darn near every country.I asked him his favorite, Scotland!
Post 870 IP   flag post
Quote:
Bored at an airport delay, I got to talking to an older gentleman, who had visited darn near every country.I asked him his favorite, Scotland!

It's an amazing place feel like you are stepping back in time when you hit Edinburgh. Friendliest people I have ever met.
Also when I went to my families surname castle, I jokingly told the guy taking money at the gate I had the same last name as the castle.
He was like show me your I.D. When I did and he confirmed I had the last name as family castle, he said everything was free for me, admission, a few postcards etc...I felt like I was coming home in an odd way.
Post 871 IP   flag post

mm
Post 872 IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user

Post 873 IP   flag post
No one seemed to find my Laphroaig to their taste, how's 'bout an unopened bottle of Vinnie's vino...

Post 874 IP   flag post
Quote:

If you are going with single malt scotch and decide you need a Scottish Ale then anything in the Bellhaven line is just delightful.
Post 875 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Foghorn_Sam private msg quote post Address this user
Back in 2012 my brother and I found this small collection of comic books, magazines, vinyl records and a stack of the eight Forbidden Planet lobby cards at a yard sale. All the items in this stash were from the late 50's to early 60's, most in low to mid-grade condition and the lobby cards were in a tattered cellophane wrap tucked in a large manila envelope. The lobby cards themselves were in very nice condition, looking like they've hardly been touched. Of course we wondered if the lobby cards could be an original unused set or maybe early after market reproductions given the age of the other items they were with. We bought the whole stash and I sent to lobby cards to CGC just to see if they were authentic or not. Well, unfortunately, CGC determined they were not an original set of lobby cards, but high quality reproductions. They were unable to tell me where they might have come from or when they may have been produced as they were exact replicas with no other indications of after market production. It was really too bad, but still, they were amazing to behold.
I did scan one of the cards before we sold them. Here it is.

Post 876 IP   flag post
The comic book store I order from online (thecanadiancomicbin.com) has a draw at the end of each month for a prize, one order = one entry...I luckily won this today! Signed by Jim Starlin...It's going to look great in the display cabinet!

Post 877 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user

Post 878 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user

Post 879 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
I have had this hanging in my home for at least thirty years. Don't remember when or where I obtained it.

It is "Lone Scout, A Real Boys Magazine". Published Feb. 16th, 1918. It is issue #17.

I did not know this until just a few minutes ago. I googled it and found out that the organization started in 1915, and was a Boy Scouts of America type organization for rural kids that could not group with others due to space apart. Then in 1920, the organization announced they would no longer accept individuals of the negro race.

In 1922, they changed the mast head of their magazine (like this one pictured) to Lone Scout, the White Boys Magazine".

In 1924, Lone Star merged with Boy Scouts of America and all participants became members of BSA.

It has something like 20-24 pages. My copy is framed and I don't want to take it out to count.

It's pretty cool to look at, but I did not know about the racist thing until tonight. Apparently that came about because a new leader/director or the national organization was named. George Madison, who made the change.

Post 880 IP   flag post
601366 999 30