Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Just show something cool4299

Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZosoRocks
^^interesting that it shows two different front cover colors...sun fade on one?

Condition?

The Pink is the Mercury release which had a printing error on its initial run and has remained pink to this day....

The Red is the original Moon Records edition on heir own label. The Moon isn't in the greatest condition, but it's cool to have in the collection. They printed 3500 of them back in '73 and most were sent to radio stations to get some exposure...then the next run was the Mercury printing after they were signed...
Post 801 IP   flag post
Collector ZosoRocks private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulbg2000
Quote:

Condition?

The Pink is the Mercury release which had a printing error on its initial run and has remained pink to this day....

The Red is the original Moon Records edition on heir own label. The Moon isn't in the greatest condition, but it's cool to have in the collection. They printed 3500 of them back in '73 and most were sent to radio stations to get some exposure...then the next run was the Mercury printing after they were signed...

I love those kinds of copies.

A couple of years ago - I sold a Mono Days of Future Passed (radio issue only) - with a Demonstration Only/PROMO sticker on the back...not an imprint....record was in poor to good...but the cover....wow....

it sold for about $78.00 I think.....not too bad for a Goodwill find.

Post 802 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Condition?

I love those kinds of copies.

A couple of years ago - I sold a Mono Days of Future Passed (radio issue only) - with a Demonstration Only/PROMO sticker on the back...not an imprint....record was in poor to good...but the cover....wow....

it sold for about $78.00 I think.....not too bad for a Goodwill find.

That's a great find at a Goodwill, I think all the mono versions were promo copies, copies are pretty rare these days.
Post 803 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Any Rush fans in the house? Snagged the Moon Records album about 20 years ago from a second hand store for $20....I think it was worth it.

I am a big Rush fan. Thanks for sharing. I have all of the cassette tapes and a few newer ones on CD. I have Moving Pictures on LP. Hoping to pick up more on vinyl this year.
Post 804 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Since we’re talking music, does anybody have the Deftones’ demo tape “(Like) Linus”?

I have all their albums. I’m only missing the demo tape.
Post 805 IP   flag post

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGreensnips
Quote:
Any Rush fans in the house? Snagged the Moon Records album about 20 years ago from a second hand store for $20....I think it was worth it.

I am a big Rush fan. Thanks for sharing. I have all of the cassette tapes and a few newer ones on CD. I have Moving Pictures on LP. Hoping to pick up more on vinyl this year.

Moving Pictures, such a great album. Not a bad song on it...although they have quite a few albums like that.

I have most of the stuff on vinyl from back in the day, the album covers just look so much better!!!...
I think I have everything up until Presto, that one and the later albums were really hard to find on vinyl...at least they were when I was getting vinyl.
Post 806 IP   flag post
Collector ZosoRocks private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGreensnips
Quote:

LOL - I looked at my copy of MP....sheesh....vinyl is all pretty...but the cover...uhm....not as good....

Post 807 IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user
One more...handout at personal appearances.
Check-out the Official Two-Way Wrist Radio.

mm
Post 808 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
Since we’re talking music, does anybody have the Deftones’ demo tape “(Like) Linus”?

I have all their albums. I’m only missing the demo tape.

Hopefully someone will have your grail and be able to help you obtain a copy.

Alas, most of my music collection is classic rock, classical and jazz, very little after '85 grabs my attention, not that there isn't plenty of great music around.

As a collector I'm always seeking rare studio music or highly sought after live recordings from earlier eras. Still looking for the Luddite's greatest hits!
Post 809 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by martymann
One more...handout at personal appearances.
Check-out the Official Two-Way Wrist Radio.

mm

That must be the pre-Apple civilian version.

Wow, Marty, that's fantastic. Being a local celebrity in early broadcast TV is super cool in my book.
Post 810 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
An Ivan Brunetti cartoon on a napkin.

Post 811 IP   flag post
Jasmine Beckett-Griffith Alice in Wonderland original oil painting (matching 3D custom frame created by her husband)...

Post 812 IP   flag post
Collector rejaak private msg quote post Address this user
Wonder Warthog lithograph 33/100 signed by Gilbert Shelton

Post 813 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatmanAmerica

Wow, Marty, that's fantastic. Being a local celebrity in early broadcast TV is super cool in my book.

Almost as much fun as running camera on live TV.

mm
Post 814 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by martymann
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatmanAmerica

Almost as much fun as running camera on live TV.

mm

That's crazy, love seeing these old studio shots.

Nowadays we remote control the PTZ cameras straight from the control room. Doesn't have the same human touch as the old pedestal style manual servo controlled cameras and certainly not as fun as being on the floor with the talent.
Post 815 IP   flag post
Quote:

That's crazy, love seeing these old studio shots.

Thanks!

mm
Post 816 IP   flag post
Live performance of THE WIZARD OF OZ.

Two sets: Outside and Kansas Farmhouse before tornado...
side by side.

mm
Post 817 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Just received these in the mail.

Post 818 IP   flag post
Collector DavidM private msg quote post Address this user
My uncle used to work at a radio station in the 60’s. He gave me some of the records they used. One of them was a promo with two bands, one per side. Side one is Led Zeppelin from their 1st album, and the other is Dusty Springfield.

It has an announcer saying things like “fly with the Led Zeppelin on Atlantic Records”. A different announcement for each song. It’s pretty special to me.

Post 819 IP   flag post
Collector Jellery private msg quote post Address this user

One of my comics that finished grading. Dont have it back yet but it got featured on the featured comics so I have the photo.
Post 820 IP   flag post
Here are some amateur radio magazines from 1947.

Post 821 IP   flag post
In a similar vein...

Posted this in another thread, but these are so cool that they deserve special attention. These are Modern Mechanix pulp magazines in NM condition (bone white PQ). They feature lots of early 30's illustrations and photos of concepts and inventions, many of which were never introduced to the public. They also sport fantastic cover art. For instance, this issue (May, 1933) is by famed artist George Rozen (the primary Shadow cover painter)...

Post 822 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user

Post 823 IP   flag post

Post 824 IP   flag post

Post 825 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Batman the animated series. Limited edition pewter head sculptures.
Missing Catwoman.

Post 826 IP   flag post
From the GOLDEN AGE of Public TV.

OO

mm
Post 827 IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user

https://comicbookinvest.com/2018/07/15/the-reading-pile-week-3/
Post 828 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Post 829 IP   flag post