Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Just show something cool4299

Collector ZosoRocks private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatmanAmerica
Every picture tells a story; here's a cool one from our last San Diego ComicCon trip ...

My last one was 2007....but wanted 2012...missed it....swapped out 2017 (the SW's 40th) for a trip to Yellowstone with the wife.

IMO - best choice I have ever made was with the wife.

Post 751 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Here's a part of my basement that I affectionately call; The Lair of Solitude! lol!

Post 752 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Big Lebowsky moment while attending OAF's Dec. Wintercon in Tulsa, Okla.; other than an unseasonable tornado threatening the convention, this was the event I most remember from that weekend...

Alas, none of us was scouted for an opening on the pro-bowler's tour, but all had a great time. Bob Wayne, Texas fanzine publisher ...who'd eventually become the VP of Marketing at DC/Time-Warner... was on hand. He sat the game out, but helped keep the scoring straight and tossed in ocassional sarcasm as required.

Alas, the Yale Bowl is no longer around. Bernie and Archie have moved on as well. I toast their artistic & writing talents here in the spirit of that unplanned bowling excursion in Tulsa. Rest In Peace, bros.
Post 753 IP   flag post
Ryan Heshka commissions based on Basil Wolverton finished illustrations (penciled & inked), never actually used by Centaur (the first framed; the second framed painting proved difficult to photograph in sharp enough focus) ...

Unframed HQ scanned images...

Very cool and impressive work from Ryan.
Post 754 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThorneArt
I was at the Palm Springs ComicXpo this last weekend.

Ray Stevenson was nice enough to stop by my booth.

AAAAARRGH!!! Ray is the last signature I need to complete my book! I would’ve driven my ass up there had I known about it

Post 755 IP   flag post

Collector DavidM private msg quote post Address this user
So stoked I found this white looking through my stuff.

Really

Stoked!

J/K!
Post 756 IP   flag post
Signed tee from '93...

Post 757 IP   flag post
Extremely rare and very cool is the legendary leatherette, gold embossed homage to Republic's movie serials Dating from 1975, Valley of The Cliffhangers is an oversized 448 page tour de force. A self-published work by the late Jack Mathis (Advertising Exec.), sold as a limited edition, it has never been reprinted. There are a lot of great books on the nostalgia for classic chapter plays, but this is the Holy Grail of serial books. Beautifully designed with scene photos and a synopsis of every Republic serial produced, VoTC is a visually stunning masterwork by a passionate film lover, collector and fan. ...Continued next week!

Post 758 IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user

https://comicbookinvest.com/2018/07/02/the-reading-pile-1/
Post 759 IP   flag post
This EYE on history themed cover is truly Amazing and very cool. Frank R. Paul painted all of the Gernsback era covers ('26-'29). His work was held in such high regard that he'd be tagged by Martin Goodman in '39 to create the first Timely comic cover, Marvel Comics #1 illustrating Carl Burgos's Human Torch...

Post 760 IP   flag post
Collector docstrange private msg quote post Address this user

Post 761 IP   flag post
Museum quality scale model of 19th century battleship, USS Oregon...

Maritime fine art commission, hand painted metal construction, extensive detailing.

Cool historical collectible with July 4th in mind.
Post 762 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
I have one of these too.

Post 763 IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user

Post 764 IP   flag post
Kelly Freas oil on burlap painting (originally cover for Ace paperback)...

Post 765 IP   flag post
Collector rejaak private msg quote post Address this user
Betty Boop Lithograph, "Samba 1" 76/300, signed by her creator Grim Natwick

Post 766 IP   flag post
Two framed orig. color lobby cards from Chapter 1 to Daredevils of The Red Circle...

Post 767 IP   flag post
Convention cover art produced by your's truly in 2015...

Attendees liked it, but of coarse coolness is in the eye of the beholder.
Post 768 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
This is the 4th time I've found a Double Cover and didn't know it until later; two from a comic shop, and two online (CGC forum and, for this book, MCS).

ASM #148, Longshot #1 and Strange Tales #180 are the other three. I subbed the ASM to CGC several years ago and it got 9.6W.

This looks about 9.2

Post 769 IP   flag post
Collector VaComicsGuy private msg quote post Address this user
@MR_SigS
My 11 year old is dying to get his hands on a double cover but he doesn't want to buy one. He wants to "discover" it either by finding it in the wild or getting it without knowing its a double cover.
Post 770 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
A recent yard sale find. I had been to an Indy Car race here back in 1995. It is a beautiful race track.
Post 771 IP   flag post
Collector ZosoRocks private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaComicsGuy
@MR_SigS
My 11 year old is dying to get his hands on a double cover but he doesn't want to buy one. He wants to "discover" it either by finding it in the wild or getting it without knowing its a double cover.

This method - BY FAR! - is the bestest!!

Ima rootin' for them!!
Post 772 IP   flag post
First three issues of Squa Trent, Jerry Weist's amazing fanzine devoted to EC ...

The zine rapidly grew from a simple, albeit well done offset fanzine into a majestic, professionally sophisticated artzine that provided a historical context to the artists and ambitions of Bill Gaines.
Post 773 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
@CatmanAmerica Not sure which issues I have but I know I have some Squatront around here somewhere.
Post 774 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Signed by Al Feldstein.

Post 775 IP   flag post
Rare early Science Fiction pro-fanzine, Bizarre was published in Jan. '41 and sports a cover by fantasy author & illustrator Hanes Bok...

Post 776 IP   flag post
Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user
Finally received my Mattina cover Dark Nights: Metal #6 in the Mail today. My 1-6 favorite cover set is now complete. And a mini helmet signed by James Harrison snuck in the pic too.

Post 777 IP   flag post
@Frontier2Xterra Beautiful set-up; nicely laid out design for wall frames.
Post 778 IP   flag post
Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatmanAmerica
@Frontier2Xterra Beautiful set-up; nicely laid out design for wall frames.

Thank you sir.
Post 779 IP   flag post
Collector docstrange private msg quote post Address this user

Post 780 IP   flag post
602935 999 30