Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Just show something cool4299

PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user
As a kid there was nothing "cooler" than these.

mm
Post 51 IP   flag post
Collector NilesPaine private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by det_tobor
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilesPaine
I'll bite twice with some Ivy covers. Especially that new one is just beautiful!

Now that would be a beautiful set of variant covers for the same story. Different but still tied together.

I concur. One of my favorite villainess and she does not get the love she deserves! I also love to see covers where heroes are actually struggling. Especially in the case of Batman, it reminds you he's just a man!
Post 52 IP   flag post
Collector Themaxx35 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWeeB1967

I could really add any L. B Cole cover. This one's a good one.

I think this might be one of my new grails. Though I am sure I'll never be able to afford it. Thanks for posting.
Post 53 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
@Pre_Coder - Great cover! That would make an awesome Christmas card too!

Yeah, it sure would. LOL
Post 54 IP   flag post
Collector HOGLEG private msg quote post Address this user

Got this back from CBCS about a month ago. Love this cover
Post 55 IP   flag post

Collector Sparky49 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOGLEG

I really like that cover!
Post 56 IP   flag post

This one was in the same batch of books...I'd like to get a nicer copy of this one at some point
Post 57 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

WOW,... that is Sweet!

Congratulations!
Post 58 IP   flag post

Thanks guys.
That package was three books. This is the third book
Post 59 IP   flag post
Quote:

This one was in the same batch of books...I'd like to get a nicer copy of this one at some point

Another one of my favorites. I have a .5 raw copy as the cover is as fried as the individual depicted. LOL
Post 60 IP   flag post
Yeah, I know. Supercool
Post 61 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
Probably the coolest thing I own. Although I have some other contenders, like a piece of Abe Lincolns hair. 1966 Plymouth Barracuda. Came from the factory this color pink. One of only ten made at the California plant. Every year, starting in 1965. Playboy Magazine/Hugh Heffner gives a new pink car to the Playmate of the Year. When Playboy orders the pink cars, the factory will make at least ten to make it worth their while. Sometimes more. This one was given by Heffner to Lisa Baker. She was the 1967 POTY. It has been repainted in the original color, and is otherwise original. Well, except for all of the chrome I have installed on the engine and other places. I kept all of the original parts though. Biggest piece of glass ever put on a domestic car (rear window). This is #9 of the 10 made. No one knows for sure, which of the ten was given to Lisa Baker. But the person I bought this one from is a female drag car racer who moved to Australia where her new husband is also a race car driver. And she is convinced this is the one. Can't prove it though. She also has a 64 1/2 Pink Mustang, and won't sell it. I have an autographed picture of Lisa Baker with the pink Cuda.

Post 62 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user

Post 63 IP   flag post
Collector Sagii private msg quote post Address this user

Post 64 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themaxx35
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWeeB1967

I could really add any L. B Cole cover. This one's a good one.

I think this might be one of my new grails. Though I am sure I'll never be able to afford it. Thanks for posting.

@Themaxx35 I'm with you. I've really been digging Mr. Cole's covers here lately. I'm afraid I may have to start picking some of them up. And neither my wallet nor my wife will like that.
Post 65 IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user
Planet of the Apes is one of my collecting focuses and I was gaga over this series of Alex Ross sketch variants. This isn't particularly valuable, but fairly hard to find. I've only seen 1 or 2 pop up on eBay over the years.

Post 66 IP   flag post
Collector VaComicsGuy private msg quote post Address this user
@dpiercy Cool cover
With kids, work and everything else going on, I don't read as much as I used to so now I pickup a lot of books for the cover art
Post 67 IP   flag post
Collector Helric1 private msg quote post Address this user
Here's a variant for Afterlife With Archie that unfortunately never got published

Post 68 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Wxcept for issue #1 (which had a print run of 550) each of these cirgin covers had a print run of 25 copies

Post 69 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Wolverine private msg quote post Address this user
Buying this book this week. I trust the seller and his buddy. There both sure the book got 8.0 because of the unwitnessed signatures. Got a bunch of pics. Book looks flawless. Going to send it to texas to get Romita Sr to sign it.

Post 70 IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user

mm
Post 71 IP   flag post
Collector VaComicsGuy private msg quote post Address this user
@Helric1
That's a great cover.
I like what they did with some of the covers in that series.
Post 72 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthshaker01
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themaxx35
@earthshaker01 your collection makes me jealous. I would love to start collecting those classic sci-if books.

Here is a beauty. 1940 #1.

What do you think the grade is on this one? I have a CBCS 6.5
Post 73 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
@conditionfreak 8.0 maybe 8.5 bit I haven't looked at it in a long time and I still need to press it and clean it one weekend
Post 74 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthshaker01
@conditionfreak 8.0 maybe 8.5 bit I haven't looked at it in a long time and I still need to press it and clean it one weekend

That would make it the best known copy, according to the census. There are two at 8.0 and none higher. Only one at CGC 6.5 and one CBCS 6.5 (mine).

I hate the way his left arm looks. But I love the book for its age, stature and history.
Post 75 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
@conditionfreak yea it's a gorgeous copy. Not sure how it survived in such great shape. I'll get it graded soon, I guess.
Post 76 IP   flag post
Don't know the rarity of this but I thought it was cool and my LCS had it for 10 bucks and I couldn't pass it up. CM #1 or is it?? 😎

Post 77 IP   flag post
I'd buy that for a 10 spot. Nice find.

Stamp a "?" above July, and sell it for one million dollars.
Post 78 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by conditionfreak
I'd buy that for a 10 spot. Nice find.

Stamp a "?" above July, and sell it for one million dollars.

Thanks. It was hiding in plain sight and he was like??? I have this marked for $10?? . . . I've only seen a handful pop up on the bay.

The plan is to get it pressed and graded ASAP to preserve for all eternity!
Post 79 IP   flag post
I guess all went well with CBCS's building in Florida. I gave my buddy the address and told him to look around and see if there were any Batman #1's floating around the building.

He said they would be ruined anyway, so why bother. I told him "I'll take them anyway. Beats not having one at all".

But he was in a place called "Punta Cana, Florida". So I guess he didn't look.
Post 80 IP   flag post
601333 999 30