Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Just show something cool4299

Collector ZosoRocks private msg quote post Address this user
I am not sure, but was this label before they introduced the "Qualified" rating?

It seems that if it is, there is no way of knowing if the signature is authentic or not.

Just saying what others may not have the nerve too.

If that book was mine, I'd probably break it open, and see if it is authentic through self comparison on the web. If so, then I would move it to CBCS for their VSP service.

That will be your best move.....IMO....for the best investment.....and turnover, if that is something you do.

Very good luck I extend go you!!

:o)

Tim
Post 651 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
The best part about a re-grade with CBCS would be the distinct possibility that it would grade out higher once the sig is authenticated. Especially with the added help of a press.
Post 652 IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user

Post 653 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Mike Judge signature...

Post 654 IP   flag post
Collector unataper private msg quote post Address this user

I bought this back in the mid-80’s for $425, overpaid for sure. Just got it back from CBCS on Tuesday. This is my first graded book, getting excited to start pulling more books out of storage!!
Post 655 IP   flag post

Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user
I’ll play! Love this cover and this series was amazing. This one I currently have out to be signed by Mattina at mega con. Very excited.

Post 656 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
My latest painting. Since there is no way that I'd ever be able to afford an original Frank Thorne Red Sonja painting, I decided to do one myself. It is from a panel in Marvel Feature #3, page 26. The clear isn't quite dry yet, but I had to show it off. I took some creative license with it, but I hope I did it justice. I could nitpick at things that I did wrong or could have done better, but there comes a point where you have to say enough. Otherwise I think I'd be working on this painting for another week!!!!

Post 657 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Post 658 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Two of the comics in my last submission to CBCS made the Featured Comics section today. One of my goals this year was to submit a comic that they would consider good enough for that honor. Here are copies of those images:

Post 659 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Post 660 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo Really nice books.
Post 661 IP   flag post
Collector VaComicsGuy private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo
Congratulations on achieving one of your goals for the year.
Now you need a new goal to replace that one.
Great books.
Post 662 IP   flag post
Collector Wraith private msg quote post Address this user
Just watched this again.. Its old.. But still awesome

Post 663 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@BrianGreensnips and @VaComicsGuy, thanks guys. My other grading goals are to get my first 9.8 on a SA book that I submit and to get a 9.9 or 10 on a BA or CA book that I submit. I don’t know if I will ever achieve those, but I will keep trying.

PS - I just checked the CGC Census (too bad CBCS doesn’t have one.........yet) and my Adventure Comics #305 in 9.4 ties 4 others as the top-graded slabbed issues. So that’s another goal achieved, having the highest graded copy of something, even if it’s a tie. (And 9.8 Moderns don’t count.)
Post 664 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user

Post 665 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo I have two 10s from CBCS but they're fairly new moderns. I too have a plan to find that one raw SA book (either X-men or Batman) and score at least a 9.6.
Post 666 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
@Wraith still better than that spawn movie.
Post 667 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
Two of the comics in my last submission to CBCS made the Featured Comics section today. One of my goals this year was to submit a comic that they would consider good enough for that honor. Here are copies of those images:

I love these freak of nature books. 50 years old..looks like it was printed yesterday.
Post 668 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
@esaravo I have two 10s from CBCS but they're fairly new moderns. I too have a plan to find that one raw SA book (either X-men or Batman) and score at least a 9.6.

I hope you find some! I haven’t submitted any SA Batman or Detective Comics yet, but I did get a 9.6 on a SA X-Men that I submitted a few years ago.

Post 669 IP   flag post
Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo you have some of the coolest books my friend
Post 670 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
My first piece of original art.

Post 671 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte beware the OA bug. It never heals.
Post 672 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 673 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@the420bandito
You are correct. I have a few pieces. I was told after you have had enough of the comic books, the next step in addiction is original art.

Post 674 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user

Post 675 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GanaSoth

You don't see this to often. The early form of miracle man before the lawsuit. Suits the same.
Post 676 IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user

Post 677 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
I forgot I had this. Rammstein - All Signatures on a CD insert.

Post 678 IP   flag post
1955 giveaway

Post 679 IP   flag post
Collector rejaak private msg quote post Address this user

Muhahahahaha!...
Post 680 IP   flag post
601197 999 30